PDA

View Full Version : Need location suggestions for a birthday party

Melinda
10-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, hoping for a little help.

My mom is turning 50 in January and I've recently found out that she's never (even as a child) had a birthday party. So, we've decided to throw her a really good one for her big birthday.

I've got a guest list of about 60 people and I'm looking for a spot to host this. I'm hoping for a location that has one rentable room (or venue) big enough so that we aren't contending with other people who we don't know. I thought about a place like Shanks just because they have a few fun things to do, but they only book a few tables for you, and by 10 or so, the whole area is swarming with other people.

Needing to bring our own food or use the facility's food services doesn't really matter, although we are looking just to do appies/cocktail type foods and are hoping to keep the cost down a little.

Any ideas for me? I've looked into community halls around the south/central calgary area, but none of them are very attractive looking.

Also anyone who knows any reasonably priced caterers (or heck even someone who's just starting out and wants some practice?)

Thanks guys!