PDA

View Full Version : HP Recovery partition help

01RedDX
10-03-2009, 01:09 PM

Disoblige
10-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Try this!

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

"If you're like most PC users, you probably got Windows Vista with a new PC or laptop. And if you're like 99% of the population, you get your new machines from one of the major manufacturers. Dell, Acer, HP, Toshiba, Lenovo, they all have one thing in common: they don't give you a real Windows Vista installation disc with your purchase. Instead, they bundle what they call a "recovery disc" (that's if you're lucky - otherwise you'll have a recovery partition instead) with your machine and leave it at that."

01RedDX
10-03-2009, 03:34 PM

Boat
10-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Thanks, but it didn't work. Wouldn't recognize the partition.

Downloaded HP Recovery Manager but it doesn't work on Windows 7.

ARRRGH :banghead:

Run it in compatibility mode?

But I dont see how downloading the Recovery Manager to Win 7 will help.

When you say you dont want to "Order the Discs"
Why dont you just get an .iso of vista and burn it to a cd? Then use the CD key affixed to the bottom of your computer.

You would also have to install all of the drivers online, from hp. But that would be the price you pay to making the leap to Win 7 and it not working out.

Final Thought.. Did you try F10 for the recovery partition? I read that it was the shortcut to it. Another idea would be to clear the Windows 7 Partition with the Vista CD then try running the Recovery Partition.

Quick edit: I see that this is a while ago, maybe this information is still relevant to your situation!
Good luck