PDA

View Full Version : FedEx

max_boost
11-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Anyone here work for FedEx? I'm looking to apply and just wondering what their work environment is like. Hours, pay, benefits, vehicle etc. I'll be applying in the new year for a courier position, if I do:thumbsup: I might as well do what I know best, deliver! haha

Gondi Stylez
11-13-2003, 03:29 PM
ye i would be interested as well!

max_boost
11-13-2003, 03:31 PM
I am also considering an entry level position in a company but I would probably have to dress up and the pay would most likely be less. I rather look like a bum and deliver parcels and be nobody's bitch haha

RSeXy
11-13-2003, 04:06 PM
http://www.fedex.com/ca_english/careers/?link=5

Altezza
11-13-2003, 05:05 PM
I know people who work at Fedex. Nothing but great stories and praise. Even part-timers get full benefits there.

CRXguy
11-13-2003, 05:25 PM
Hey MB.... John's friend works at FedEx. Give me your resume and we'll see what happens.

Shit, I wanna be a courier too! :rofl:

EDIT: No courier positions available at the time being. LOL

szw
11-13-2003, 05:42 PM
My friend carried packages from one area to another area....sounded pretty good!

Plus you get a good discount on shipping so if you sell stuff online you can make quite a bit there.

max_boost
11-13-2003, 05:43 PM
What is John's friend's position at FedEx?

SoSlowDx
11-14-2003, 12:45 PM
shipping and handling packages he's been working there for a while...

Ben
11-16-2003, 02:55 AM
Delivery guys make HUGE cake with those companies!

kenny
11-16-2003, 03:17 AM
Training is intense, you gotta master that scanning tool :) You guys ever see how fast those guys type on those things?

Dope Dealer
11-16-2003, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Training is intense, you gotta master that scanning tool :) You guys ever see how fast those guys type on those things?

Haha, they are nuts!

Pisses me off though when they have no change. Once I had to pay 9.00 for something and I just gave him a 20.. He came back the next day to give me the change though :)

max_boost
11-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Maybe I'll just go sell coffee at Starbucks, I'm too lazy for anything intense

link785
11-16-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

That'll sure pay for the car the bank owns :rolleyes:

max_boost
11-16-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by link785

That'll sure pay for the car the bank owns :rolleyes: haha is that supposed to be a flame?:rofl:

E36M3
11-17-2003, 12:09 AM
I'd love to work at a coffee shop.. IMO one of the best jobs you can get.. get to meet tons of people, you get free coffee and you'll be a master latte maker.

rogue
11-17-2003, 01:13 AM
i dont think they take cash anymore as we had a couple of drivers get capped for their cash. We dont accept cash, I also heard Fedex is a wicked company to work for but i can t go there as they dont accept other couriers from other companies dammit. No union, work good get good raises, great equipment and they dont have to work as hard as the rest of the companies. I wish canadian companies treated their employees as well as american one do. (dont go ups they work them to the ground) Loomis gets crazy cash as owner operator, I know a guy who makes $120 000 a year as a courier with loomis, he owns his own truck and delivers but starts at 5 am to 6 pm mon to fri. Purolator isnt bad i get around $21.00 an hour and %75 off shipping in canada with around 50 hours a week mon to fri. Top rate after 2 yrs and full benefits we are prolly hiring right now as itis christmas so hurry if ya cant get with fedex try us. I also get 3 weeks paid vacation a year plus we are all getting raises this year so hurry. :)

benyl
11-17-2003, 11:50 AM
I know that with Fed Ex in the states, they pay for your education after you have worked for them for a while. I don't knwo about Canada though.

Pynch
11-17-2003, 04:14 PM
i worked for fed-ex. Did the night job there, wasn't too great wasn't so bad. But when i smashed up my car in januarry last year and told them i couldn't get a ride to work and i wasn't gonig to take a cab they said well we'll have to let you go then. They give you and extra dollar for every hour worked after 4 months. Its supposed to goto your education but most just drank it away.

SoSlowDx
03-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Got a job there now. I'm doing outbound stuff so it's all about loading and unloading...things can get intense....

overall it's an awesome job...seems like being a courier is fun too the guys don't complain...also it's a good work out:thumbsup:

Strider
03-19-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Got a job there now. I'm doing outbound stuff so it's all about loading and unloading...things can get intense....

overall it's an awesome job...seems like being a courier is fun too the guys don't complain...also it's a good work out:thumbsup:

I'm waiting for a package, can you make it come sooner?:rofl:
:nut:

sputnik
03-19-2004, 02:27 PM
Anyone here work for FedEx? I'm looking to apply and just wondering what their work environment is like. Hours, pay, benefits, vehicle etc. I'll be applying in the new year for a courier position, if I do:thumbsup: I might as well do what I know best, deliver! haha

Don't you own Peking Peking? Why would you be looking for a job that pays barely $10/hr?

SwitchBlade
03-22-2004, 05:53 PM
I used to work at starbucks man it was sweet, it was super busy at times. The plus side is the high amount of hot single chicks you get to work with. Even better is the fact that there is no competition for those chicks :thumbsup:

I think im gonna hafta apply at Fed Ex jus so i can say your mom touched my package :bigpimp:

TomTom
03-26-2004, 01:08 PM
i might be able to help you out with getting a job with Loomis

CRXguy
03-26-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
i might be able to help you out with getting a job with Loomis

What position?

cur
08-18-2004, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by sputnik

Why would you be looking for a job that pays barely $10/hr?
Ok, lets clear this up.

Starting pay for ramp (package+aircraft handling) and courier positions in Alberta is $14.47 an hour. It's a higher wage in provinces like BC and Ontario where cost of living and taxation are much higher.
Benefitis are:
-75 percent off shipping
-$1350 a year in tuition assistance for part time employees ($2250 for full time)
-Cheap flights with literally all airlines (the best deal is that we can fly anywhere southwest goes for us$90/return, taxes and fees included..yes...spokane to miami and back for just us$90..)
-Hotel and car rental deals.
-No unions! Horrah!
-RSP match up to 4 percent

...and some other shit I don't quite remember. Although we're paid the least in the industry, we get benefits that are worth so much more than an additional $5/hr. Being that everyone is paid pretty well and there is no political union BS, co-workers are always willing to help you out (especially if you're new:D) and managers are great people to work under (our work group went for a few pints the other night). It's a fantastic company, and I'll definately be there long term.

Gonthro
08-18-2004, 12:06 PM
way to bump a 6 month old thread

cur
08-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
way to bump a 6 month old thread
way to post-whore and further perpetuate an old thread, wank.