PDA

View Full Version : Cretien Retired!!!

rice_eater
11-13-2003, 05:47 PM
wooooo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B17a
11-13-2003, 05:49 PM
I say boooooo hoooooo................in that it took so damn long! Thanks for running our country into the ground you arrogant fuck!

rice_eater
11-13-2003, 06:01 PM
Better late than never :D WOOHOOOO

rage2
11-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by B17a
I say boooooo hoooooo................in that it took so damn long! Thanks for running our country into the ground you arrogant fuck!
Correction... thanks for running western canada into the ground :).

The folks out east love him.

KLCC
11-13-2003, 06:11 PM
you are all mistaken, he's not going to retire (anytime soon)

civic_stylez
11-13-2003, 06:22 PM
eat shit and die homo! thanks for screwing up canadas relations with the us, increasing taxes and screwing western canada up the chute!

Toms-Celica
11-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Could have been worse

rc2002
11-13-2003, 06:51 PM
I heard that January 12 was his early retirement date. I say good riddance. He screwed up our country, and he's trying to take credit for things he didn't do. Like he thinks our economy doing well is his doing.

He was in office for 10 years and he didn't get rid of the GST like he said he would. And he was out golfing or skiing everytime there was a big international crisis. And 2 billion dollars on the gun registry? And all those favours for his friends/family?

I don't know if it could've been worse...

rice_eater
11-13-2003, 07:58 PM
I saw the little convention on tv and they kept talking there how he was announcing he's retirement tonight :dunno:

Redlyne_mr2
11-13-2003, 07:58 PM
Id sooner point the blame at Ralph for albertas screwups, Chretien kept his nose out of western relations

Toma
11-13-2003, 08:11 PM
Coul have been MUCH worse. That BAFOON drunken uneducated wife beater Klein could have been running the country into the ground instead of just Alberta....

link785
11-13-2003, 08:56 PM
Ummmmmmm, in case none of you recall, the federal government took OUR province's revenues from our oil production? I dunno about you guys, but I think Ralph is a pretty good premier. He's the only one who actually went to the USA to talk to people during the beginning of the mad cow issue? :dunno: At least he does shit, rather than standing on a plane poking fun at the USA's 500 billion dollar defeceit.

Oh, and Cretien never did take away the GST like he promised to when his part was elected the first time. That was a BIG deal for a lot of people.

legendboy
11-13-2003, 08:59 PM
I hope whoever steps up reverses some of the damage Chetien did

rogue
11-13-2003, 09:10 PM
and i hope they dont take the militaries tiny budget and buy brand new private jets every 4 yrs. Maybe finally get some choppers for our sar (search and rescue) guys and restore some national pride. CHRETIEN YOU CRETON BIATCHHHHHH

ALBERTA = LIBERAL FREE ZONE

Toma
11-13-2003, 10:08 PM
Come on guys.... what did Cretien actually do that was so bad? He stood his ground over Iraq with our war criminal neighbours to the south. Good move there. He caved and went along with our murderous war criminals to the south over Yugoslavia....he should beshot for that....

Klein is an idiot.... just listen to what he says. "Who me" Insider trading? Privatization/Deregulation? Brilliant, simply brilliant :rolleyes: Nice comments he made about mad cow.... scared the Americans more then the disease ever did.... What education does he have? Grade 8?

As for royalty transfer payments.... Canada...it is our country. Not Alberta. In any nation, there will be more productive areas. Just like within Alberta there are prodcutive areas, and shitholes.... Its pluralistic democracy, not anarchy.

Toms-Celica
11-13-2003, 10:53 PM
Well let’s see what he left behind:
1) Showed Canadians that if you are detained its considered survival of the fittest. They did next to nothing to get them out of there. They were not even charged, hell, one of the three is still over in Syria.
2) Managed to run our "military" into the ground. Three studies have been produced over the past 4 years all-pointing to the same thing, chronic under funding. How can a nation call its self-sovereign when we cannot defend our own borders?
3) Wow, best of all! GUN CONTROL! Look how it’s working in Calgary! Gang shootings on the RISE! AMAZING! Maybe those criminals wont register their guns before committing a crime, who whouda guessed?
4) Kyoto is an up-coming disaster. I may be speaking to soon but lets see what happens when it’s implemented.
5) Home land security, or lack of? Sure Canada ain't a primary target by terrorists but they are getting increasingly braver. Lack of border security/immigration policies too slack.
6) Whoa! We sure put the United States in their place. Look at them! We ain't your bitch no more!

T5_X
11-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by link785
He's the only one who actually went to the USA to talk to people during the beginning of the mad cow issue?

Shoot, shovel and shut up? hmmmm, that was a real good comment he made.

Originally posted by Toma
Come on guys.... what did Cretien actually do that was so bad? He stood his ground over Iraq with our war criminal neighbours to the south. Good move there. He caved and went along with our murderous war criminals to the south over Yugoslavia....he should beshot for that....

Klein is an idiot.... just listen to what he says. "Who me" Insider trading? Privatization/Deregulation? Brilliant, simply brilliant Nice comments he made about mad cow.... scared the Americans more then the disease ever did.... What education does he have? Grade 8?

As for royalty transfer payments.... Canada...it is our country. Not Alberta. In any nation, there will be more productive areas. Just like within Alberta there are prodcutive areas, and shitholes.... Its pluralistic democracy, not anarchy.

:werd:

I think most of you are blaming things on Chretien that would have occurred under ANY liberal government, save maybe for Kyoto and US relations taking a shot in the arm, two things I applaud anyways. I am strongly opposed to the current gun control laws, our military funding needs to be increased, our way of dealing with our OWN citizens who have been unjustly treated is embarrassing... are these all the fault of one man? No, its not like he runs the entire country and makes every descision by himself lol.

Chretien is a pretty good guy, he should be respected and honored for the 40+ years of service he has commited to this country. Though I don't agree with a $400,000 going away party that cancels the simpsons on CBC at 5:00 :banghead:

Redlyne_mr2
11-14-2003, 12:03 AM
You guys have to remember Chretien is not much more than a public relations figure, his position is to represent Canada. All of the decisions made by our federal government are voted for in parlament. Its not like in the states where the President calls all the shots and has the last word. As a PR figure Chretien has done a wonderful job, he is intelligent, well mannered and holds many modern yet traditional values that properly represent Canada and Canadians. Im sure if he could have removed the GST if he would but why do any of you want to see Canada support the Americans in their terrorist acts against weaker countries? The Canadian economy is very strong thanks to our federal government. The dollar is higher than ever, interest rates are super low, exports are at an all time high and out east the auto manufacturing industry is booming. Alberta, Ontario, QUebec and the maritimes are failry stable now we just need to help Saskatchewan, Manitoba and BC build a stonger economy

B17a
11-14-2003, 09:00 AM
Come on guys.... what did Cretien actually do that was so bad? Klein is an idiot.... just listen to what he says. "Who me" Insider trading? Privatization/Deregulation? Brilliant, simply brilliant :rolleyes:

Toma, you've forgotten about Chretien's golf course in his home riding. For those of you who don't know the story, Chretien personally called the Business Development Bank of Canada (a crown corp.) to "encourage" the president to approve a loan for his buddy to build a golf course, where conveniently enough Chretien owns property. Also, how much did he spend on his private Challenger jets? $100MM? Leaky submarines? Helicopters that fall out of the sky? Look at his cabinet, they're no better than him, Radwansky spent more on dinners than I could in 20 years. His whole group of cronies are more corrupt than anyone.

SinisterProbeGt
11-14-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by rage2

Correction... thanks for running western canada into the ground :).

The folks out east love him.

Originally posted by civic_stylez
eat shit and die homo! thanks for screwing up canadas relations with the us, increasing taxes and screwing western canada up the chute!

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Id sooner point the blame at Ralph for albertas screwups, Chretien kept his nose out of western relations

Originally posted by link785
Ummmmmmm, in case none of you recall, the federal government took OUR province's revenues from our oil production? I dunno about you guys, but I think Ralph is a pretty good premier. He's the only one who actually went to the USA to talk to people during the beginning of the mad cow issue? :dunno: At least he does shit, rather than standing on a plane poking fun at the USA's 500 billion dollar defeceit.

Oh, and Cretien never did take away the GST like he promised to when his part was elected the first time. That was a BIG deal for a lot of people.

Cretien that talking out of the side of his mouth, spitting all over the place, losing his temper in the house of common's and punching people in the face should of left 6 years ago.

Ralph has done a great job for alberta I mean any permier that can take get drunk in a bar and still do his job in the morning is ok with me.

:thumbsup:

rx7girlie
11-14-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
As a PR figure Chretien has done a wonderful job, he is intelligent, well mannered and holds many modern yet traditional values that properly represent Canada and Canadians.

ahh hello? have you ever heard some of the comments this man has made?

I can remember in one the the G8 summit meetings, the leaders etc where discussing how to improve situation in developing countries particularly Central America

Chretien's advice:

"We should give the people of Central America cellular phones so that they can access the internet"

Now, if I need to elaborate on the why this such a shockingly stupid thing to say... well than (ie, I hope I don't need to). And yes I realize people can say things that are a little stupid, but comments like that a certainly not a slip.

If this is how Canada is to be represent...? then a big :thumbsdow

Good riddance to Mr. Chretien

Redlyne_mr2
11-14-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by rx7girlie

ahh hello? have you ever heard some of the comments this man has made?

I can remember in one the the G8 summit meetings, the leaders etc where discussing how to improve situation in developing countries particularly Central America

Chretien's advice:

"We should give the people of Central America cellular phones so that they can access the internet"

Now, if I need to elaborate on the why this such a shockingly stupid thing to say... well than (ie, I hope I don't need to). And yes I realize people can say things that are a little stupid, but comments like that a certainly not a slip.

If this is how Canada is to be represent...? then a big :thumbsdow

Good riddance to Mr. Chretien
At least Chretien has a bit of an english barrier acting against him, if you want to talk about stupid things people have said then lets talk about Ralph

ninjak84
11-15-2003, 01:38 AM
Hahaha!
The first time Jean puffs on a doobie he's going to get knocked right on his ass.

fast95pony
11-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt

Cretien that talking out of the side of his mouth, spitting all over the place, losing his temper in the house of common's and punching people in the face should of left 6 years ago.

I don't like Cretien either,but..he speaks out of the side of his mouth because of an earlier illness (polio ?? ) , and I don't remember him punching anyone. He leaves that the the RCMP !

Alpine Autowerks
11-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Come on guys.... what did Cretien actually do that was so bad? He stood his ground over Iraq with our war criminal neighbours to the south. Good move there. He caved and went along with our murderous war criminals to the south over Yugoslavia....he should be shot for that....

He only stayed out the Gulf (the 2nd time) to spite Bush, which only makes it all the more galling (with the advantage of hindsight) that it was the correct decision.

DSM Power
11-15-2003, 10:11 PM
A big F-U to Jean for gun "control", no help for beef farmers, weed laws, no anti-child pr0n laws, pissing off the States and endless scandals... good riddance jackass! :guns: :guns:

npham
11-17-2003, 05:24 PM
OK you guys are talking about recent events, of course things are going to go bad. The world is not perfect, and bad things are going to happen. I don't know if any one here remembers what the economy was in 93 when he took power. Quebec wanted to separate from Canada, he united the country. Even though I could careless if those frogs left. Smelly armpits and all.

Also the economy was crap. He built the economy back up, created new jobs and interest rates are low. In all honestity, he wasn't that bad. I dont agree with gun control either. It is and did cost way too much to put into place.

*wonder how long before I get flammed*

B17a
11-17-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by npham
He built the economy back up, created new jobs and interest rates are low

Unfortunately uncle Jean had nothing to do with interest rates being low. They're low because our economy along with most of the world has sucked wind the last 2 years and the Bank of Canada has had to decrease them to try to stimulate the economy to pick up again.

4wheeldrift
11-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Come on guys.... what did Cretien actually do that was so bad?

Klein is an idiot.... just listen to what he says. "Who me" Insider trading? Privatization/Deregulation? Brilliant, simply brilliant :rolleyes: Nice comments he made about mad cow.... scared the Americans more then the disease ever did.... What education does he have? Grade 8? And Chretien was any better? Handing out grants to ventures in his own constituency or any company that seeked to gain his favor and rigging the bidding processes to guarantee his pet companies got them, outright lying during campaigning (doing away with the GST and NAFTA), flushing money down the crapper by cancelling contracts for desperately needed military equipment, promising not to raise taxes then increasing EI and CPP contributions (both systems have massive surplusses and are nearly impossible to get any money out of), the hundreds of patronage appointments to people who have done nothing but harm this nation, letting that useless shit of a human resources minister flush 2 billion down the toilet on nothing, allowing shiela copps to do the same with the heritage fund? Hey I forgot about the air canada bailout that served to do nothing other than keep the company on life support for another two years before it crashed again. I can keep going if you like. Sure, he has done some good things for this country, but he's done a lot of harm as well. Many of the decisions are not anything a liberal government under another leader wouldn't have made, but he's the leader of the party and responsible for most of the policy decisions, so he also gets the rap for them.

As for royalty transfer payments.... Canada...it is our country. Not Alberta. In any nation, there will be more productive areas. Just like within Alberta there are prodcutive areas, and shitholes.... Its pluralistic democracy, not anarchy.Try and get some of that money back out again. 10% of federal government spending on culture goes to everything west of the ontario border and south of the territories. The rest goes to the east. Why is that? Is it because the west doesn't have any culture to speak of? Is our western heritage not interesting enough to justify funding from the federal government? Why do Quebec and Ontario, which has both a higher population AND higher taxes require so much financial aid from the federal government. I'm all for keeping things equal, but there's little evidence the steady stream of money flowing east is accomplishing much of anything other than taking money that could be put to productive use here and pissing it away someplace else.

Alpine Autowerks
11-18-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by npham
I don't know if any one here remembers what the economy was in 93 when he took power. Quebec wanted to separate from Canada, he united the country. Even though I could careless if those frogs left. Smelly armpits and all.

Also the economy was crap. He built the economy back up, created new jobs and interest rates are low. In all honestity, he wasn't that bad. I dont agree with gun control either. It is and did cost way too much to put into place.

*wonder how long before I get flammed*

all he did in both cases was disappear from the radar screen, when the WORLD economy recovered (w/o any direction from Canada and our 2% contribution to the planatary GDP) he takes credit. thanks for beleiving in him:confused:

nickopolis
11-18-2003, 07:04 PM
I didn't read most of your posts as they were so long. But i just want to say he was a lot better then i think Paul Martin is going to be. And if by some turn of fate he doesn't win the next election we'll have the Alliance or PC (whatever the conservative bastards are calling themselves these days) and that will be a uh joyus time in Canada. You think Bush is bad? How about a Prime Minister who does nothing but kiss his dumb Texan ass. I say at least Jean Chretien kept things relatively stable for canada.