PDA

View Full Version : Police or Idiots?

5000Audi
10-04-2009, 04:51 PM
So i live right off 52nd and 32nd in Whitehorn. Lately ive noticed about 5 trucks driving in a group like idiots.. honking horns to make people move so they can get through the red light.. ive seen them 3 times in the past 2 weeks now.. they all seem to be new trucks.. never seen one older then a 06 style dodge.

Anyone know if there is a new police detatchment driving unmarked trucks or am i just seeing idiots over and over in the same group..

harv91
10-04-2009, 04:56 PM
what makes you think it would be police driving like this?
im guessing idiots

badatusrnames
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
If they were cops, I'd assume they'd be using police lights and sirens to clear the intersection...

5000Audi
10-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by harv91
what makes you think it would be police driving like this?
im guessing idiots

im not sure, but its always the same group of trucks, and a few times they have turned twords the police station.. so i wouldent think people would do this dumb of shit so close to a cop shop..(1 block away)

thetransporter
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
welcome to Calgary, Alberta, home of the redneck crazy driving dodge truck drivers

msommers
10-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
welcome to Calgary, Alberta, home of the redneck crazy driving dodge truck drivers

I'd agree that is certainly one class, but don't forget about the:

- 60+ Asian grandma going 20km/h in a 60km/h zone
- 18yr old Asian chick looking down texting while doing 80km/h
- The 16-25 yr old fat chick driving a sunfire/cavalier with a lay on her rearview mirror, caking on the make up while driving, I mean swerving
- The 16+ guy, JDM or domestic, that is obsessed with racing anyone, anywhere
- The 1/2" dick crowd with 22" rims and mudders on any domestic truck with a 6" - 10" lift kit. Unfortunately that truck will never see a spec of mud or a dirt road, possibly light showers though
- The classic BMW/MB SUV driver who has a sense of entitlement and can drive like a total jackass with the notion that, because they drive such a vehicle, people will react to them
- The 30yr old Mom with 3 raging kids in her mini-van, who looks like she will ram the shit out of you from behind until the last second when she turns around towards the front and slams on the brakes
- And of course, the all too classic Calgary driver, the guy or girl of any age doing 95km/h in the far left lane on Deerfoot in their civic or corolla

That pretty much sums of my day of driving around town today, albeit I probably missed someone. I guess you could say, I got lucky.

badatusrnames
10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by msommers

I'd agree that is certainly one class, but don't forget about the:

- 60+ Asian grandma going 20km/h in a 60km/h zone
- 18yr old Asian chick looking down texting while doing 80km/h
- The 16-25 yr old fat chick driving a sunfire/cavalier with a lay on her rearview mirror, caking on the make up while driving, I mean swerving
- The 16+ guy, JDM or domestic, that is obsessed with racing anyone, anywhere
- The 1/2" dick crowd with 22" rims and mudders on any domestic truck with a 6" - 10" lift kit. Unfortunately that truck will never see a spec of mud or a dirt road, possibly light showers though
- The classic BMW/MB SUV driver who has a sense of entitlement and can drive like a total jackass with the notion that, because they drive such a vehicle, people will react to them
- The 30yr old Mom with 3 raging kids in her mini-van, who looks like she will ram the shit out of you from behind until the last second when she turns around towards the front and slams on the brakes
- And of course, the all too classic Calgary driver, the guy or girl of any age doing 95km/h in the far left lane on Deerfoot in their civic or corolla

That pretty much sums of my day of driving around town today, albeit I probably missed someone. I guess you could say, I got lucky.

Haha, nailed it.

teamreddbull
10-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Uneducated security guards?

alloroc
10-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by 5000Audi

Anyone know if there is a new police detatchment driving unmarked trucks or am i just seeing idiots over and over in the same group..

Can't it be both? :angel:

boxer23
10-05-2009, 12:44 AM
you forgot about the self indulged soccer moms in the biggest possible SUV they could buy

G-Suede
10-05-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by boxer23
you forgot about the self indulged soccer moms in the biggest possible SUV they could finance

Fixed...

adam c
10-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by G-Suede

Originally posted by boxer23
you forgot about the self indulged soccer moms in the biggest possible SUV their husband could buy

fixed

Xtrema
10-05-2009, 08:47 AM
Seen a Safari which ran on sidewalk to avoid traffic jam and blow through the lights @ 2nd and 6th Ave. The intersection has tons of pedestrians crossing too. That could have ended bad.

Tomaz
10-05-2009, 09:03 AM
I am going to vote for idiots. At the same time, they are smart to travel in packs.:rolleyes:

scat19
10-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by msommers

What about non-suv :angel:

J NRG
10-05-2009, 10:12 AM

PremiumRSX
10-05-2009, 12:42 PM
The other day I saw an idiot that missed the merge sign onto deerfoot or something as there was space for him to merge in, but instead of merging he kept going straight and was driving on the shoulder.

Took him awhile before he realized he was not driving within a lane. :rolleyes:

adam c
10-05-2009, 12:46 PM
saw some soccer mom in a mini van hop the curb and drive on the median so she could make the turn light, even if she stayed where she was in traffic she would have made the advanced light... just couldn't wait