PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy LV, etc purses besides Holt?

TDA
10-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Ok Holt is closed, anywhere else I can get LV purses, etc, in Calgary? Or is that my only option?

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Holt is only closed for a brief period of time.

asfjasljj
10-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Holt is the only place you can go. or just go to Banff LOL

rage2
10-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Banff is the way to go. You can get them to send you the catalog and they'll mail shit straight to you same day with a simple phone call.

JAYMEZ
10-04-2009, 11:18 PM
Lol I was just thinking about you on this question Rage haha.. Pro LV shopper :rofl:

TDA
10-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

Yup, correct, Until Oct 7. But I got a GF's birthday coming up.... !

blainer
10-04-2009, 11:22 PM
In the same spot as this guy? Go to 1:10
Peter Chao Gf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w4pnXZ7hQk)

TDA
10-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Would anyone care to suggest a nice LV bag model/style? been looking on the online website/catalogue and I'm lost. Any help would be awesome!

Background:

I've never bought a LV bag before. I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

She doesn't currently have a LV bag or other fancy bags. I do know she likes bags as there's like 10 sitting in the back of her closet.

Current favourite purse is dark black, sort of shiney like crocodile skin but with big scales... like matchbox size scales. Its a shoulder bag and its approx the size of a ... big shoebox? I'm pretty sure a 2L pop can would just barely fit inside... yes I'm bad on descriptions. She always has a lot of stuff in there.

Stupid question but Holt stores allow you to return/exchange bags if they are not liked without issue right?

What's popular these days with the chicks?

Also open to other brands but I always hear LV this LV that.....Costco seems to have a nice black Michael Kors bag for $1200ish (NE location)

rage2
10-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
Lol I was just thinking about you on this question Rage haha.. Pro LV shopper :rofl:
ex-pro LV shopper lol. So sad, I used to know how to read date codes, where it's supposed to be located for each bag, proper fonts, and determine authenticity better than Holt can.

Originally posted by TDA
Background:

I've never bought a LV bag before. I have no idea wtf I'm doing.

She doesn't currently have a LV bag or other fancy bags. I do know she likes bags as there's like 10 sitting in the back of her closet.
My suggestion is you don't buy one. Once they have their first one, they'll want more, and no more of that cheap shit either... it's all name brand from here on and your life is over. I blew over $20k on LV purchases in a year before, and believe me, it's not fun.

aypi
10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Banff is the way to go. You can get them to send you the catalog and they'll mail shit straight to you same day with a simple phone call.

so i can just call them and ask for a catalog to be mailed to me?

is it cheaper than holt? (i know its still not cheap. lol)

looking for the Galliera PM

i wonder how much is it here?

realazy
10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
No it should be exactly the same price as Holt. LV stuff rarely if ever goes on sale. The only way to save is usually by exchange rates in different countries.

adidas
10-04-2009, 11:43 PM
Just rmr...

Blow a 1000 bux on a purse this birthday and next year your gonna have to buy a car.

Buy something cheaper but more meaningful, she will like you more for it, and you will like yourself even more cause you kept a bunch of money in your pocket.

TDA
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM

My suggestion is you don't buy one. Once they have their first one, they'll want more, and no more of that cheap shit either... it's all name brand from here on and your life is over. I blew over $20k on LV purchases in a year before, and believe me, it's not fun.

Coach? or is it just another gateway bag... :)

rage2
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by aypi

I drove up and bought a few bags before I got a catalog. Really tho, you can just go on the LV website and see what you want. They'll be able to get anything, even limited shit, way better than Holt.

You're going to get the same price everywhere. Banff LV used to charge me $20 for same day courier to my office, but eventually they waived shipping for me because I was a regular customer.

aypi
10-04-2009, 11:46 PM

I drove up and bought a few bags before I got a catalog. Really tho, you can just go on the LV website and see what you want. They'll be able to get anything, even limited shit, way better than Holt.

You're going to get the same price everywhere. Banff LV used to charge me $20 for same day shipping to my office, but eventually they waived shipping for me because I was a regular customer.

ok thanks, i'll just go to HOlt then. :thumbsup:

rage2
10-04-2009, 11:50 PM
ok thanks, i'll just go to HOlt then. :thumbsup:
My problem back then with Holt was that they didn't really stock much of a selection, couldn't get anything that they don't have in stock (or was just unwilling to try), and they treat you like shit unless you look like a douchebag with money (I look homeless most of the time). Banff got everything for me that was needed within a week, even stuff made in limited numbers that Holt staff knew absolutely nothing about.

aypi
10-04-2009, 11:57 PM

My problem back then with Holt was that they didn't really stock much of a selection, couldn't get anything that they don't have in stock (or was just unwilling to try), and they treat you like shit unless you look like a douchebag with money (I look homeless most of the time). Banff got everything for me that was needed within a week, even stuff made in limited numbers that Holt staff knew absolutely nothing about.

you are right, bec. when i bought my Damier Graphite canvas multiple wallet they let me wait like 1 month and they still didnt get it for me. the only way i got it is when i called the edmonton branch myself and get them to ship it for me. :banghead:

msommers
10-05-2009, 01:17 AM
I see you've met this guy:

HsicEIpFBVU

But in all seriousness, I would strongly advice against purchases of this nature. Unless you're dropping 1000 bucks per hand in blackjack because you're bored....well you get the idea.

Sleepingbeauty
10-05-2009, 01:34 AM

looking for the Galliera PM

i wonder how much is it here?

the galliera pm is approx $1300. LV bags do last a long time, worth the price imo.

rage2
10-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Sleepingbeauty
the galliera pm is approx $1300. LV bags do last a long time, worth the price imo.
That's the typical label whore excuse, that they last a long time. :rofl:

Truth is, they last the same as the cheap shit. I've bought over 20 different bags, and some lasted long, some broke their thin straps in a matter of weeks, no different than the cheap shit.

HyperZell
10-05-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by msommers
I see you've met this guy:

HsicEIpFBVU

But in all seriousness, I would strongly advice against purchases of this nature. Unless you're dropping 1000 bucks per hand in blackjack because you're bored....well you get the idea.

Completely off topic, but ROFL when he breaks the dresser!!!

JAYMEZ
10-05-2009, 09:07 AM

That's the typical label whore excuse, that they last a long time. :rofl:

Truth is, they last the same as the cheap shit. I've bought over 20 different bags, and some lasted long, some broke their thin straps in a matter of weeks, no different than the cheap shit.

No Doubt , ive had to get a few LV / Gucci / Chanel purses , they all are shit and they just ask for a new one once the new season collection comes out..

IMO..

Dont buy her one unless its Xmas. And dont set your bar so high , or youll be fucked the next time she wants a present..

OP take it from Rage and me.... be careful ahah

Pahnda
10-05-2009, 09:15 AM
If you want LV, just hit up any old chinese woman and ask if she's selling. It's the gateway bag to being a hag.

Sleepingbeauty
10-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Not an excuse-if it was, why would I waste my own money @ lv? I have lv bags from 7-9yrs ago and they're still in great condition. Coach and burberry on the other hand looks beat up after 2-3 yrs. And if you want to go even cheaper, like nine west...6-12 months tops!

Sleepingbeauty
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Ps. I buy my own bags with my own money,
so don't judge me when you don't even know me.

masoncgy
10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Ps. I buy my own bags with my own money,
so don't judge me when you don't even know me.

Wow... a little sensitive, are we?

sputnik
10-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy

Wow... a little sensitive, are we?

Fortunately for her she lives at home and all of her other expenses are covered by mommy and daddy.

But she buys her LV with HER money.

:D

Sleepingbeauty
10-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Just saying you can't label all girls as designer whores just bc you asian dudes like gold digging whores and then start bitching when you can't afford to buy them more bags. There are girls out there that buy their own stuff and own their own house.

msommers
10-05-2009, 02:04 PM
Just saying you can't label all girls as designer whores just bc you asian dudes like gold digging whores and then start bitching when you can't afford to buy them more bags. There are girls out there that buy their own stuff and own their own house. :rofl:

beyond_ban
10-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Just saying you can't label all girls as designer whores just bc you asian dudes like gold digging whores and then start bitching when you can't afford to buy them more bags. There are girls out there that buy their own stuff and own their own house.

She has my vote as troll of the month.

TDA
10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Ok haha I'm starting to rethink this, slippery slope!!! If she's happy now without LV I don't want to start the label whore transformation!

TKRIS
10-05-2009, 05:09 PM
You're going to get the same price everywhere. Banff LV used to charge me $20 for same day courier to my office, but eventually they waived shipping for me because I was a regular customer.

You poor sad fuck. I'm not trying to rag on you, but that sentence just depressed the shit out of me.

How do you guys end up with these parasitic succubi?

My wife would laugh her ass off at me for being a fuckhead retard if I spent $500 on a goddamned bag.

Fucking world in going insane.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

You poor sad fuck. I'm not trying to rag on you, but that sentence just depressed the shit out of me.

My wife would laugh her ass off at me for being a fuckhead retard if I spent $500 on a goddamned bag.

Sounds like someone is bitter about being poor? :poosie:

Buy your GF a real one for now, and then for the rest of the relationship by her fakes... will make you look like a champ :whipped:

max_boost
10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Awesome thread.

Chris Rock said: "Women can not go back in lifestyle"

That's right, don't set the bar too high or else next time you will have to surpass it haha

While I don't see the value in these expensive handbags, to each their own, really. Believe it or not, if you take good care of the bags, they'll hold their values pretty well. With the numerous price increases by Chanel over the past 5 years, my wife has actually sold a couple bags for more than what she paid for.

max_boost
10-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

No Doubt , ive had to get a few LV / Gucci / Chanel purses , they all are shit and they just ask for a new one once the new season collection comes out..

IMO..

Dont buy her one unless its Xmas. And dont set your bar so high , or youll be fucked the next time she wants a present..

OP take it from Rage and me.... be careful ahah

Or take it from me, make sure she's worth it if you are going to buy one!! haha

9.5 years and counting.....:love:

benz_890
10-05-2009, 09:35 PM

Buy your GF a real one for now, and then for the rest of the relationship by her fakes... will make you look like a champ :whipped:

you got it backwards. Buy her fakes at first then get her the real one. If you get her real then the fakes she might notice the difference. Where as if you get fakes first then the real deal she'll already be loving you a lot so you'll be rolling :clap:

TKRIS
10-05-2009, 09:43 PM

I would prefer to be bitter about being poor than ignorant about being a mark.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-05-2009, 09:47 PM

I am poor too buddy, I am just not bitter about it.

if you're gonna take my plan then make sure you buy the really high quality fakes (they do exist)

rage2
10-05-2009, 09:52 PM

Trust me. I know, I know haha. I'm glad I saw the light. Can't say the same for others hehe.

:rofl:

if you're gonna take my plan then make sure you buy the really high quality fakes (they do exist)
There's only one thing worse than a label whore, and that's a poser buying fakes to pretend to be a label whore.

And believe me, there are lots of ppl that can tell, regardless of how "high quality" the fakes are. Hell, I could even tell by the color the handles wore in if it was a fake or not lol.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh I know that, but here's the thing:
It's not my girl that's gettin' the purse so I am just brainstorming for the guy.
And yeah, I am a bit of a label whore, but I don't own any fake stuff so it all works out. :thumbsup:

JAYMEZ
10-05-2009, 11:04 PM

Ummmmm I think im white... and most of us can afford little hand bags... Your freakin bitter as hell , and a troll..

shakalaka
10-05-2009, 11:17 PM
Hahah i love my gf for this, usually I am the one telling her to let me buy her some brand name stuff lol she gets mad if i want to spend too much on something stupid cause she knows i am a crazy spender hahah

Jlude
10-05-2009, 11:30 PM
I know Max_Boost is nuts when it comes to this stuff.

My wife has been going through a Tiffanys phase... which isn't so bad.

But it's been almost a year of scaling her back... it's not an easy thing to do.

max_boost
10-06-2009, 12:03 AM
LOL No max_boost is not that nuts. I usually buy her 1 nice bag/year as an appreciation for her putting up with all my nonsense. You know. Plus after when you've been together for almost a decade it doesn't really matter anyway.

I'm glad she has a career now, paying her own bills, such a strong independent woman haha I took full advantage of her health and dental plan, already been to the dentist 4x in the past 2 months. Going to get some new glasses and make use of the health spending account too.

It does pay off guys, like I said, just make sure she's worth it! :devil:

TKRIS
10-06-2009, 08:18 AM

It has nothing to do with being poor and everything to do with being a sucker.

And spending $500 on a $7 bag is a surefire way to end up being both.

;)

Jlude
10-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
LOL No max_boost is not that nuts. I usually buy her 1 nice bag/year as an appreciation for her putting up with all my nonsense. You know. Plus after when you've been together for almost a decade it doesn't really matter anyway.

I'm glad she has a career now, paying her own bills, such a strong independent woman haha I took full advantage of her health and dental plan, already been to the dentist 4x in the past 2 months. Going to get some new glasses and make use of the health spending account too.

It does pay off guys, like I said, just make sure she's worth it! :devil:

Mine has two more years till she has a career. A career in the fashion industry, so hopefully she'll be able to gets some of the stuff she likes cheap.

Originally, and I know it's terrible that I did this, but I would just buy my gf off. It was too easy, if I did something and she got pissed, I'd just buy her a new purse or earrings. Like last summer, I think it was the spring or summer beyond cruise to Banff. I woke up late and the wife had to get ready cause she wanted to come to, I left while she was in the shower. Even Chanel had a hard time helping her get over that one! :rofl:

msommers
10-06-2009, 09:05 AM
^^^That's like Ari Gold 101 right there:rofl:

urban.one
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
The LV store in Holt re-opens tomorrow (Wednesday).

Originally posted by TDA
Ok Holt is closed, anywhere else I can get LV purses, etc, in Calgary? Or is that my only option?

TDA
10-07-2009, 05:05 PM
One more question:

Anyone ever have any problem returning new, unused stuff to either Holt Calgary or Banff LV Store? I ask because this is a intended gift and I want to cover my ass in the good probability that my taste isn't aligned with hers.

Googling up "Louis Vuitton Return policy" brings up this page

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2006/july/14/16.htm

Yes, officially there is a return policy but this is more of a case of management making up excuses not to take back the return.

Although these complaints seems to be localized to specific stores.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Why don't you just suprise her with a suprise trip to banff and then take her to the LV store with a budget and let her get what she wants.

signature7
10-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by TDA
One more question:

Anyone ever have any problem returning new, unused stuff to either Holt Calgary or Banff LV Store? I ask because this is a intended gift and I want to cover my ass in the good probability that my taste isn't aligned with hers.

Googling up "Louis Vuitton Return policy" brings up this page

http://www.complaints.com/directory/2006/july/14/16.htm

Yes, officially there is a return policy but this is more of a case of management making up excuses not to take back the return.

Although these complaints seems to be localized to specific stores.

Never had any problems returning it to Holt, anytime I buy a gift I ask to make sure. Easy and simple, done it a few times. Never refunded though so I don't know about that.