PDA

View Full Version : Man mauled by tiger @ Calgary Zoo

Masked Bandit
10-05-2009, 08:03 AM
So how dumb do you have to be to jump the fence and play with the nice little kitty?

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091005/national/tiger_mauls_man

zipdoa
10-05-2009, 08:16 AM
they should consider putting a dangerous predatory animal inside those cages to deter people from climbing in

Tik-Tok
10-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa
they should consider putting a dangerous predatory animal inside those cages to deter people from climbing in

I think they tried that, it didn't work.

Masked Bandit
10-05-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I think they tried that, it didn't work.

I bet nobody tries it again for a REALLY long time!

GOnSHO
10-05-2009, 08:24 AM
:rofl:

how dumb can you honestly BE!!?

SJW
10-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
:rofl:

how dumb can you honestly BE!!?

This is Calgary.......the possibilities are endless.

Redlyne_mr2
10-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by SJW

This is Calgary.......the possibilities are endless.
There is still a chance he'll get hit by a ctrain...he hasn't cheated death yet.

JfuckinC
10-05-2009, 08:28 AM
LSD Trip?

GOnSHO
10-05-2009, 08:30 AM
haha so very true

i just dont understand what goes through a persons head..

like "oh look at the kitty!! i want to pet him!"

BerserkerCatSplat
10-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Tiger FTW.

TKRIS
10-05-2009, 08:32 AM
So did they kill the tiger?
If not, then this guy go what he deserved.
If so, he's still got a debt to pay.

GOnSHO
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
no they didnt kill the tiger.. the picture in the article was a tiger from a foreign country and was taken on a stretcher to a animal hospital after getting its paw snapped in a trap set by poachers

Eleanor
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
When does the lawsuit hit the courts?

Kloubek
10-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Good comments in here. Heard this on the radio this morning.

Kinda reminds me back in Kamloops when we had a new arena, and some drunk kids decided to climb on its roof. One fell down, broke his neck, and sued the city. And won.

Hopefully this is not a similar situation...

in*10*se
10-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Darwinism at its best...

pf0sh0
10-05-2009, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3_p8b2fwjk

Mar
10-05-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
no they didnt kill the tiger.. the picture in the article was a tiger from a foreign country and was taken on a stretcher to a animal hospital after getting its paw snapped in a trap set by poachers It's from a Malaysian tiger, not sure why they even used that photo at all. It has nothing to do with the Calgary Zoo.

Ntense_SpecV
10-05-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by in*10*se
Darwinism at its best...

Not quite - this was more of a foul ball hit. A home run would have seen that idiot eaten by the tiger.

Jlude
10-05-2009, 09:04 AM
A kid had been eaten by a tiger in the San Fran zoo last time I was there... did the same thing. He didn't survive, but his parents did sue and won.

scat19
10-05-2009, 09:05 AM
The radio said alcohol was a factor and he wanted to pet the kitty -

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

freshprince1
10-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I heard there were Zoo watchdog groups calling out for better security measures. :facepalm:

1) They have a mother fu*!king Tiger! And apparently, it's doing a great job at keeping people out.

2) Anyone stupid enough to break into a Tiger enclosure deserves to be mauled. It's exactly the type of societal Darwinism we need.

Another thing that bugs me is these groups, and other, always calling for more action by the government and organizations to prevent any sort of possible negative outcome for our irresponsible actions. Do you get it people!? What would happen if parents never taught their kids to take care of themselves? Stop trying to get the gov't and others to legislate our entire lives.

Tomaz
10-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
A kid had been eaten by a tiger in the San Fran zoo last time I was there... did the same thing. He didn't survive, but his parents did sue and won.

Makes me want to do something stuipid and sue!

TurboD
10-05-2009, 09:10 AM
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/hangover_photo_01.jpg

monkey see, monkey play with tiger.

haha

mr2mike
10-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I want to hear the defense if they do sue. They unlawfully entered the Zoo, most likely climbing a fence. Then climbed another one, into the enclosure.
Zoo should sell the video if there is one of him getting man handled by the tiger. Then use the profits to make bigger enclosures for the animals.

snoop101
10-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Maybe its just me, but in other parts of the world were they put up a tiny fency if any and dont have the issues we do.

Now either people actually think before they do stupid stuff and say to there selfs "ok in the wild these things would eat me, hmm maybe i shouldent go in there".

Or we just dont hear about them and many dumb people get eatin everyday around the world.

Criticull
Reminds me of the Panda attacks that have been going down in China. Like many humans, pandas don't like hugs from randos.

blackpeople
That guy is going to have a wicked story to tell his friends:D

FraserB
10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
I really, really hope they don't destroy the tiger.:(

A790
10-05-2009, 09:32 AM
I wonder what his faced looked like when he hit the "oh shit" moment.

swak
10-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1
I heard there were Zoo watchdog groups calling out for better security measures. :facepalm:

The last thing this city needs is more security guards.
God Damnit...
Now you can't even go to the zoo without some 14 y/o with a radio watching you, waiting for you to point at the giraffe with a menacing look before he tackles you to the ground for some odd ball reason.
^^ If the idea goes through of course.

TKRIS
10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Fuck it. Make the fences lower and easier to climb into.
Saves money of tiger food.

Jlude
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by blackpeople
That guy is going to have a wicked story to tell his friends:D

That he was an idiot to jump into the tiger cage and the luckiest man alive that the tiger didn't eat him?

I'd be embarrassed to tell that story and doubt I would volunteer it to anyone who didn't already know.

J NRG
10-05-2009, 10:02 AM

JAYMEZ
10-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Wow .. How high was he..

Now he is going to have some crazy story's to tell his dumb kids ... "This one time when I was super high , i got attacked by a mother fuckin tiger"

:thumbsdow

revelations
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by scat19
The radio said alcohol was a factor and he wanted to pet the kitty -

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Has this been confirmed by a reliable source?

I wouldve guessed meth or crack head....

blackpeople
10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Thats my point. If someone told me that story i would laugh at them and call them stupid.

J NRG
10-05-2009, 10:38 AM

teamreddbull
10-05-2009, 10:48 AM
They need to lock the tigers up at night or something. That is dangerous.

almerick
10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
build an electric fence... to keep humans out

snoop101
10-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by teamreddbull
They need to lock the tigers up at night or something. That is dangerous.

Running into the freeway on a snowy night is dangerous too.

teamreddbull
10-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by almerick

Or train the tigers to be less lethal. That could have been a baby or something.

GOnSHO
10-05-2009, 10:57 AM

Or train the tigers to be less lethal. That could have been a baby or something.

did you honestly just say that!?? you realize we are talking about a TIGER right?? and drunk POS who went INSIDE the fence of a TIGER exhibit at 1:00 in the morning?

Kloubek
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM
^^^:werd:

That was a pretty dumb thing to say teamreddbull.

1) These are essentially wild animals. They can never be fully predictable.
2) What baby is going to climb the fence? Come on now...

Super_Geo
10-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Are you fucking retarded?

... that was a serious question, by the way.

freshprince1
10-05-2009, 11:04 AM

Blatant Troll. What's with the influx of Trolls lately?

Oh, hello Evil Lancer, sorry, I should have known it was you.

teamreddbull
10-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
^^^:werd:

That was a pretty dumb thing to say teamreddbull.

1) These are essentially wild animals. They can never be fully predictable.
2) What baby is going to climb the fence? Come on now...

k that is true. i'm jus sayin that maybe better security procedures need to be in place. how did they break in in the first place?

Tomaz
10-05-2009, 11:11 AM

k that is true. i'm jus sayin that maybe better security procedures need to be in place. how did they break in in the first place?

Better security measures? They had a FUCKING TIGER! I don't even have a tiger for a security system!!! lol

blackpeople
10-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

Better security measures? They had a FUCKING TIGER! I don't even have a tiger for a security system!!! lol

:rofl: :rofl:

snoop101
10-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Ya they had tigers. Would you break into a place if you had to go through a bunch of tigers?

teamreddbull
10-05-2009, 11:16 AM
dont hate on me for having an opinion :dunno:

A790
10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
LOL too easy.

Try again :)

silver03gt
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM
If the victim does sue, I hope he doesn't win, because that would be bull$#!t, or in this case tiger$#!t. He deserved to be mauled.

GOnSHO
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
dont have a stupid opinion then :dunno:

Ajay
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
They better not do anything to the tiger because of this drunk/high idiot.

The tiger was doing what it does. If anything the douche bag that climbed into the tiger's enclosure, sorry broke into it's enclosure, should be shot for the simple reason he's stupid.

slowboy
10-05-2009, 11:27 AM
The guy just probably finished watching Kevin Richardson's video. Kinda like how someone feels all tough after watching a Bruce Lee flick.
bejpQNDVTM4&feature=related

codetrap
10-05-2009, 11:57 AM

Nobody here will "hate on you" for having an opinion. That doesn't mean that they won't mock and deride you for expressing a completely retarded opinion, or equally retarded suggestions to deal with the situation.

But, in retrospect, you must be using a troll account, because I have a hard time believing that someone could be that stupid.. then again, maybe you're the friend that called for help?

FraserB
10-05-2009, 12:02 PM

Lets see, 4 posts, reg'd today and a complete fuckwit, you must be evil lancer. Did you get tired of watching your gf cut herself and needed to troll some more?

teamreddbull
10-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Lets see, 4 posts, reg'd today and a complete fuckwit, you must be evil lancer. Did you get tired of watching your gf cut herself and needed to troll some more?

i'm not this evil lancer guy. who are u btw? :whipped:

i dunno part of me still thinks the more vicious animals should be elimited from the zoo. want to see them, watch a video or you tube. too dangerous i think :dunno:

i am a zoo fan but just peaceful animals.

adam c
10-05-2009, 12:06 PM

really?
a drunk baby at 1am on a saturday night after climbing at least 2 fences in a break in..

smrt, right?

GOnSHO
10-05-2009, 12:11 PM

i dunno part of me still thinks the more vicious animals should be elimited from the zoo. want to see them, watch a video or you tube. too dangerous i think :dunno:

again.. STUPID ass comment..

go back trolling, the point of a zoo is too see animals you cant normally see in life, plus ALL animals are dangerous

Seanith
10-05-2009, 12:14 PM

i'm not this evil lancer guy. who are u btw? :whipped:

YG, GTFO

8Ball
10-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/hangover_photo_01.jpg

monkey see, monkey play with tiger.

haha

seemed fun in the movie

JAYMEZ
10-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Dont feeeeed the trolls lol.

dirtsniffer
10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
i heard he lost an arm :barf:

Tomaz
10-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Now there is a tiger with a stomach ache.

"Man, the human was DRUNK! My stomach is killing me! NASTY!

lilmira
10-05-2009, 12:39 PM
They should change the headline to man's failed attempt to attack a tiger at the zoo.

Danny Meehan
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
... I recall Carlos Mencia's segment on retards and tigers

Ajay
10-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

Oddly I don't feel bad about him losing his arm.

Really, how stupid do you have to be?! I heard the tiger was out on display today as well so I'm guessing there won't be any ramifications for the tiger.

hampstor
10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Apparently, he didn't even get into the enclosure. He stuck his arm in and the tiger pretty much ripped it off. The cage is designed to keep tigers in, not keep people out.

Speaking to the media Monday morning, zoo officials say it is likely the man had a part of his arm caught by the tiger's claw before getting his entire arm dragged into the enclosure.

At this point, staff members say they don't believe the man entered the actual tiger enclosure

http://www.calgaryherald.com/travel/Charges+pending+tiger+incident/2067393/story.html

snoop101
10-05-2009, 01:01 PM
When I was a kid we always were told about the Inuit kid who always wanted to put his hand in the fire because he was curious. Instead of the parents saying no, they would just let the kid burn himself and learn his lesson.

I think this guy has now learned his lesson.

Ajay
10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
In the words of Chris Rock;

"That tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went tiger"

codetrap
10-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Man.. what were they thinking..

first they had to scale and 8 foot fence with 3 strands of barbed wire.. then bypass the security guards, then climb another 48" fence... just to pet the puddy tat..

fucking morons.. totally deserve everything they get.

2EFNFAST
10-05-2009, 01:52 PM
//waiting for a lawyer to point out the fence is 1mm short of normal tiger fencing standards and therefore the Zoo/City is liable for $20M.

01RedDX
10-05-2009, 02:11 PM

snoop101
10-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
They should put that guy down. He's got a taste for stupidity now. Besides, he's no good without an arm.

I wish we could do this. We would save so much money if we started this 100 years ago.

bg_27
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Quote from Mayor Bronconnier:

'If you want to pet live animals, go to Butterfield Acres.'

J NRG
10-05-2009, 03:21 PM

Masked Bandit
10-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bg_27
Quote from Mayor Bronconnier:

'If you want to pet live animals, go to Butterfield Acres.'

Seriously???? I don't like Bronco much but that's some funny shit right there.

97acura
10-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I heard from another forum that the guy who had his arm knawed off was trying to sneak in and scare his wife, who was working security. She was the first one to respond and found him :barf:

J NRG
10-05-2009, 05:41 PM

71car2
10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by almerick

What? Surely you jest...! The Calgary Zoo didn't factor in these 2 men real stupid to CLIMB INTO freakin' real live wild tigers in the middle of night! The zoo staff never dream someone would be so dumb to pull that stunt.

I mean, no sane person would do that to get in shit with tigers grinning back at you face to face in its own home. :rofl:

em2ab
10-05-2009, 06:40 PM
A man is in hospital with serious injuries after sneaking into the Calgary Zoo overnight, scaling two fences and being injured by a tiger.

Two men, both aged 27, jumped a 2.4-metre-high barbed wire fence at about 1 a.m. Monday to enter the zoo.

One of the men then scaled the outer perimeter safety fence around the tiger enclosure, which is just over a metre high. He didn't enter the tiger exhibit, but approached the inside fence where a two-year-old male Siberian tiger was roaming, zoo officials said Monday.

The tiger, named Vitali, may have hooked the man with a claw and pulled an arm inside the fence, said a zoo veterinarian. The second man, who came to his aid, was also hurt.

The men knew a security guard who worked at the zoo and called her on her cellphone for help.

Security personnel took the men to a zoo office where they were both given emergency first aid until medical services arrived. The seriously hurt man was then taken to the Foothills hospital.
Motive unknown

Calgary police are investigating and may lay breaking and entering or trespassing charges against the men. Police are unsure of the motive and don't know if alcohol was involved, said acting Staff Sgt. Rick Halford.
One of the men alleged to have sneaked into the Calgary Zoo is taken into custody on Monday. One of the men alleged to have sneaked into the Calgary Zoo is taken into custody on Monday.

"There's no indication that the two offenders were involved in anything else other than just being silly, I suppose," he said.

Grahame Newton, the zoo's director of corporate services, said the second fence, which the men didn't scale, is designed to keep the tigers inside their enclosure. It's 4.5 metres high, with a large overhang and an electric component.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2009/10/05/cgy-zoo-arrest.jpg

"Certainly we will be reviewing it to see whether there is anything that can be done. But in this case here, I think it just simply appears to be a case of two individuals intent on breaching the security and they did it. Unfortunately it resulted it some very serious injuries."
Tiger to remain on exhibit

The tiger, who wasn't hurt, will remain on exhibit, said zoo curator Tim Sinclair-Smith.

"Vitali has certainly done nothing wrong. It's his natural behaviour," he said. "He will go on display as he always has."

Calgary Mayor Dave Bronconnier defended the zoo on Monday, saying it has a good record of taking care of both animals and visitors.

"You can't foresee absolutely every circumstance. Who could ever predict that somebody would … want to get warm and cuddly with a live animal? Just common sense should tell you that is just something you just don't do," he said.

"If you want to pet live animals, go to Butterfield Acres," Bronconnier added, referring to a local petting farm.

Xtrema
10-05-2009, 11:13 PM
CTV said one man's arm need to be amputated.

Steep price for being stupid.

Tomaz
10-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Fucking twats!

At what point did it seem like a good idea to climb a massive fence, with a 3 foot overhang, and electrified wires to play with a 150kg kitty? We need to protect these people? Really? :banghead:

BerserkerCatSplat
10-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

At what point did it seem like a good idea to climb a massive fence, with a 3 foot overhang, and electrified wires to play with a 150kg kitty? We need to protect these people? Really? :banghead:

At what point didn't you read the numerous reports that neither of them even attempted to climb the tall fence? ;)

xxxazntigerxx
10-06-2009, 12:08 AM
wow

Tomaz
10-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

At what point didn't you read the numerous reports that neither of them even attempted to climb the tall fence? ;)

I just finished watching the news at 11. Global. Where that Brianne Glass or whatever her name is (hott) chick said that the men climbed over 2 fences and entered the den. The dude representing the zoo stated "I don't know why they would want to climb over to begin with. The fence is 2.something meters tall with a 3ft overhang. It even has a hot wire. I don’t know why these guys entered the fenced area with 150kg wild cats"

Now either I was really tired last night, or both interviews about the situation had depicted both men entering the den. :dunno:

snoop101
10-06-2009, 09:31 AM
I bet the female security guard feels pretty ashamed to have such stupid friends.

Masked Bandit
10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I think Global was reporting some bad information. They way I understand it is they guys climbed an eight foot fence topped with barbed wire to get access to the zoo itself and then another four foot fence / railing that creates a space between the visitors and the actual cage / enclosure. The guy wasn't in the actual tiger enclosure, just in that four or five foot space between the railing and the enclosure.

HyperZell
10-06-2009, 10:13 AM
So about the fences - I think there are 3.

There's the zoo perimeter fence, which has barbed wire on top. Then there's the short fence to keep people away from the enclosure. And then there's the enclosure fence itself.

From what I've read, the men climbed the first two fences. Then one guy stuck his arm in the third fence to pet the tiger. There are reports that the holes in that fence are too small for a tiger's paw to reach through, but big enough for a human arm to reach through. Then he got mauled. The end.

npham
10-06-2009, 10:22 AM
Reminds me of that fat German whale that decided it would be a good idea to swim with the polar bears.

lQ61qi-Sptg

DayGlow
10-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Personaly I think they were drunk and were inspired by the movie 'The Hangover'.

sputnik
10-07-2009, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by snoop101
I bet the female security guard feels pretty ashamed to have such stupid friends.

This morning it was reported that the guy mauled is her common-law husband.

ExtraSlow
10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Maybe she was looking to get rid of this guy?

TKRIS
10-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Haha, on CBC radio this morning, someone was defending the tiger on the grounds that he was the victim of a home invasion. Awesome.

Masked Bandit
10-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Maybe she was looking to get rid of this guy?

Maybe she had a life insurance policy on him and figured this would be a good way to cash in?