PDA

View Full Version : Kubica to Renault

rage2
10-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Renault press conference at 2am mountain time.

DJ Lazy
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I certainly ain't staying up that late.... :rofl:

cloud7
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
any official announcements yet?

rage2
10-06-2009, 12:50 PM
No it got delayed

urban.one
10-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Robert Kubica to join Renault next season

Neil Gardner

Robert Kubica is to join Renault next season from BMW-Sauber. The 24-year-old Polish driver will replace Fernando Alonso, the two-time world champion, who is moving to Ferrari.

"I am highly motivated and optimistic that we can be at the front of the grid next year and hopefully fighting for the world title," Kubica said.

Kubica finished third in the 2008 drivers championship after an impressive season that saw him clinch his first race win at the Canadian Grand Prix. But he has struggled with an uncompetitive car this year and is currently 14th in the standings with nine points.

Kubica had been approached by several teams, including Toyota and Williams, once BMW announced they were quitting Formula One at the end of the season.

"He is one of the most naturally talented drivers of his generation and it is great to have him next season," Bob Bell, Renault's team principal, said.

"Renault has high ambitions and hopes for the future of the team and we feel that Robert can play a big role in fulfilling them. We are very excited to have signed Robert, ever since he made his Grand Prix debut in 2006, he has been on our radar."

Romain Grosjean, who replaced Nelson Piquet Jr, is currently Renault's second driver, but his position has yet to be confirmed for next year.

"I share with Renault a strong winning mentality and feel comfortable with their friendly and open attitude," Kubica added. "I am very happy I will be joining them for the 2010 season. I feel I have a special connection with this team because in 2005 I won the World Series by Renault.

"This gave me the chance to test with the team in Barcelona, which led to my debut in Formula 1."

rage2
10-29-2009, 02:18 PM
Looks like Glock just signed to Renault as Kubica's teammate.

Mibz
10-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Meanwhile Rosberg has confirmed he's leaving Williams but hasn't said where he's going. I think Brawn is the rumour.

Also Raikonnen has come out and said that McLaren is his only option. If he's not racing there I guess he's not racing in F1.

rage2
10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Rosberg and Barichello are swapping teams, that's pretty much confirmed.