PDA

View Full Version : People asking for notes

sneek
10-05-2009, 10:34 PM
I hate midterm season. My phone goes off every 20 mins or so telling me that someone "wasn't able to make it to class because of _______"

After hours upon hours of reading RMIN, I got this email asking for my notes.... This was my reply.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f10/sneeky_munkey/Picture3-1.png

I will post the reply when I get it.

colt22
10-05-2009, 10:56 PM
notes requests are annoying

you are creepy

TomcoPDR
10-05-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by colt22
notes requests are annoying

you are creepy

Depends how hot said Lindsey is tho.

Enhance
10-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Heh, I'm in your class. I get at least one email from someone asking for notes after every lecture. It's not even like the shit he is lecturing on isn't in the text book either. Lazy fuckers.

dirtsniffer
10-05-2009, 11:55 PM
yea i got like 5-10 a week from my physics class. speaking of which.. anyone have lab manauls froms physics 369? ill pay you for them!

sneek
10-06-2009, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Enhance
Heh, I'm in your class. I get at least one email from someone asking for notes after every lecture. It's not even like the shit he is lecturing on isn't in the text book either. Lazy fuckers.

Don't you love some of them?

"I'm not going to lie I dont take notes"

Why the hell would I give you mine then! Honestly I do feel bad for some people...I mean if you have no friends in the class and you get into a HUGE car accident...sure I have no problem giving you my notes...but I know that 3 people a day from this class aren't in this situation.

Timmeh
10-06-2009, 12:13 AM
This is the best one I've got so far this semester.

I have to miss class next week to be with family.

If someone would be willing to email the notes I will happily pay $20 per set. I am
an A student though, so the notes need to be quality notes and I'd like to get
Tuesday's notes by Thursday or Friday.

That is why I'm willing to pay for them.

So if someone would like to take me up on the offer please let me know ASAP. You
can email me here or talk to me in class on Thursday. I sit at the front with the
giant white purse. (I work down town so my "back pack" has to be classy enough to go
from University to a court room)

Thank you.

signature7
10-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Timmeh

If someone would be willing to email the notes I will happily pay $20 per set. I am

So if someone would like to take me up on the offer please let me know ASAP. You
can email me here or talk to me in class on Thursday. I sit at the front with the
giant white purse. (I work down town so my "back pack" has to be classy enough to go

Thank you.

So she hot?

dandia89
10-06-2009, 02:00 PM
theres a bunch of goofs in phys 369 emailing everyone. by the end of it, some retards were spamming it with "ROFLCOPTER" and "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONGS TO US"

Pahnda
10-06-2009, 02:44 PM

Thank you.

What a self-important skank

Thaco
10-06-2009, 03:05 PM
IMO, tell them, this isn't fucking highschool, if they dont want to be there, they shouldn't waste their money.

turbotrip
10-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
theres a bunch of goofs in phys 369 emailing everyone. by the end of it, some retards were spamming it with "ROFLCOPTER" and "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONGS TO US"

hahah they're probably on beyond too

97acura
10-06-2009, 03:34 PM

Thank you.

What a piece of work. These types of Uni students are the absolute worst.

JfuckinC
10-06-2009, 03:37 PM

:rofl: thats wicked

msommers
10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
The best advice would probably tell them to make a fucking friend. Or what about attend the next class and ask the person beside you to copy their shit. Are people that shy or lazy?! Jesus H. Christ.

gqmw
10-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Hahah I'm in your GOPH class too, I was getting so pissed off reading email after email on my phone.

You guys ready for the midterm?

Pahnda
10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by msommers
The best advice would probably tell them to make a fucking friend. Or what about attend the next class and ask the person beside you to copy their shit. Are people that shy or lazy?! Jesus H. Christ.

You expect people in University to actually have social skills? I think you're asking way too much of the majority of them :P

FiveFreshFish
10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Slip something devious into the notes like "Tuesday quiz postponed until Thursday." ;)

msommers
10-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda

You expect people in University to actually have social skills? I think you're asking way too much of the majority of them :P

Just like at TnT, I'm the minority.

Enhance
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
Hahah I'm in your GOPH class too, I was getting so pissed off reading email after email on my phone.

You guys ready for the midterm?
I dunno, i think i have the course content down pretty good, but there were some people sitting in front of me on Monday that were absolutely flipping out about the practice exam. I still haven't taken a look at it, saving that for tomorrow morning :)

Enhance
10-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Also, this one was the closest to getting my notes..

Hey all,

I'll level with you ... I went too hard on my 21st birthday on Wednesday and "neglected" to get to class Thursday. If someone could be so kind as to send me a copy I would be grateful (and more then willing to get you a copy should you miss class)

Cheers

Spence

jwslam
10-06-2009, 09:50 PM

Hey all,

I'll level with you ... I went too hard on my 21st birthday on Wednesday and "neglected" to get to class Thursday. If someone could be so kind as to send me a copy I would be grateful (and more then willing to get you a copy should you miss class)

Cheers

Spence
i could see it if it's an 8am or 930 class
11am is pushing it

sneek
10-07-2009, 12:03 AM

Hey all,

Cheers

Spence

MKTG317? hahahaha IMO that is legit...it was his birthday. I actually went to high school with this guy. It was his birthday, and his lecture is the 8AM one I think.

:( Still no reply!

As for the midterm, I've read the textbook, however the practice midterms are confidence-ruiners. There is TONS of information that isn't going to be on the midterm. We haven't learned about Space yet! I am rather concerned with how many specifics I see in the midterm though. Honestly, I was hoping this class wouldn't be too much work.

gerved
10-07-2009, 12:03 AM
you guys are a bunch of jokes.
if it were facebook "event" messages that kept popping up in your inbox you wouldn't BITCH at all about it... in fact you'd probably bitch about the fact that your elite social skills at the uni level are taking its toll with all the parties you have to go to. grow up.

yeah some people are lazy, some people don't deserve help just in the way they asked (white bag girls who works dt) but you're also forgetting some people have real life issues to deal with.. show some compassion for your peers or don't make a fuss about it haha. simple.

and to the guy who made this thread... you posting on beyond that you need exams is almost the equivalent of mass emailing everyone asking for notes.

you boys need to grow the hell up... its just school, its just notes. chill out and go drive your car around the bend a couple of times or go for a meet haha

adidas
10-07-2009, 12:22 AM
^^ dude why are you laughing? Nothing about your post is funny!

bulaian
10-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by gerved
if it were facebook "event" messages that kept popping up in your inbox you wouldn't BITCH at all about it... in fact you'd probably bitch about the fact that your elite social skills at the uni level are taking its toll with all the parties you have to go to. grow up.

yeah some people are lazy, some people don't deserve help just in the way they asked (white bag girls who works dt) but you're also forgetting some people have real life issues to deal with.. show some compassion for your peers or don't make a fuss about it haha. simple.

and to the guy who made this thread... you posting on beyond that you need exams is almost the equivalent of mass emailing everyone asking for notes.

you boys need to grow the hell up... its just school, its just notes. chill out and go drive your car around the bend a couple of times or go for a meet haha

whoa calm down there... we're just here waiting for pics from the chick in the OP :drama:

msommers
10-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by gerved

1) Do you even go to post secondary?

2) Why don't students email the prof asking for notes if their excuse is legit?

3) Why don't profs give you class notes even if you have a legit reason?

Like I said, make a friend or ask the person beside you next time instead of pestering a class of 200+, hoping the odds are in your favor.

And comparing class notes to facebook event messages?:rofl: You sound like you're a bitter 40 year old virgin

Mitsu3000gt
10-07-2009, 11:58 AM
I've never really had any issues giving people notes if I know they aren't a total slacker, because there will most likely come a time that I need the notes and then I don't feel bad asking for them either.

Another thing I used to do before every test was type up a giant study sheet of all the test material. By creating this sheet, it pretty much forced me to memorize everything. I always sent these sheets out to anyone who wanted them because the act of creating them was my studying, so if someone can still benefit from it afterwards, then great!

FiveFreshFish
10-07-2009, 12:21 PM
I took shitty notes. Nobody wanted mine.

Eleanor
10-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Here's one my buddy got from his SOCI elective:

Date: Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:26 AM
Subject: Note Help, please: F2009SOCI201L01
To:

I attended all lectures but I didn't take notes until very recently just because I didnt really understand that we had to

:(

can someone please email me their lecture notes so I can study them for the mid-term? I've asked so many people and everyone says NO so can someone PLEASE HELP :( thank you so much if you do. :rofl:

npham
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM
Someone should start cashing in. I mean $20 per person, per lecture could yield enough cash to pay for school.

10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
It's most annoying when the prof you have posts the notes online after each lecture...

Skyline_Addict
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I knew someone like that and he tried to take me for a fool.

He was friends with my friends so we sat next to eachother in class and did assignments together. And by together, I mean me doing all the work and him copying or not knowing what the $^&* he was doing. He's not an idiot, but it was pretty transparent that he was just lazy as $%^.

Justice got served when he got 20% lower on an assignment we handed in that had the exact same answers (since he copied from me).

The last straw (for him, not me) was drawn when my car was broken down and I had no means to get to school besides public transit to hand in an assignment. He offered to "pick up the assignment and drop it off for me". I called his bluff, sucked it up and took public transit that day. The next day, he dropped the class.

Thought I'd share that wonderful story with you all. And yes, I still think he's a douche.

Mitsu3000gt
10-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by 590221010
It's most annoying when the prof you have posts the notes online after each lecture...

Why is that annoying? I think its fantastic. Ask before class if the notes will be posted and if so, don't take any or don't go to the class :D Those were my favorite classes, where the teacher posted notes and tested directly from their posted notes. Basically it's a free "A" and you only have to come to class for the tests.

flipstah
10-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
I knew someone like that and he tried to take me for a fool.

He was friends with my friends so we sat next to eachother in class and did assignments together. And by together, I mean me doing all the work and him copying or not knowing what the $^&* he was doing. He's not an idiot, but it was pretty transparent that he was just lazy as $%^.

Justice got served when he got 20% lower on an assignment we handed in that had the exact same answers (since he copied from me).

The last straw (for him, not me) was drawn when my car was broken down and I had no means to get to school besides public transit to hand in an assignment. He offered to "pick up the assignment and drop it off for me". I called his bluff, sucked it up and took public transit that day. The next day, he dropped the class.

Thought I'd share that wonderful story with you all. And yes, I still think he's a douche.

That sucks yo; he sounds like a total tool.

For me, if I typed my notes and they asked during non-peak times, I'd give it. However, when it's midterm season and my inbox gets flooded with all these, I just delete them and continue to tattoo my face with literature.

dirtsniffer
10-07-2009, 05:26 PM
the ROFLCOPTER sucked... it was just the word ROFLCOPTER.. what a homo.. almost as big of homo as the guys who bitches about spam

why not send out an email to the lecture that says "spare chaaange...."

:devil:

toyboy88
10-07-2009, 11:56 PM
On a side note, I didn't know people asked such fucking stupid questions (via e-mail) to the prof...

** Prof's Response E-mail Below: ** (His answer in caps)

Answers below in capital letters.

Hi Dr. Emery,

I have tried posting my question on the discussion board but everything I click to start a new thread, my laptop freezes and so I am unable to do so.

1. Do we need a bibliography if we have used certain sites to gather the rules of the game to better our understanding in order the answer the questions?

FOR THIS ASSIGNMENT, IT IS NOT MANDATORY BUT FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

2. How should we present our answers?

YOU CAN INDICATE WHICH QUESTION YOUR RESPONSE IS FOR. I AM NOT THAT CONCERNED ABOUT HOW YOU DO THIS BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT IF I CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHERE YOU HAVE ANSWERED A QUESTION, THEN I CAN'T MARK IT.

For example:

"Question 1"
"Answer to Q1"
"Question 2"
"Answer to Q2"

...Or would you prefer us to answer the questions in a holistic way without separating the answers with questions

"Answer to 1"
"Answer to 2"
"Answer to 3"

How do we present our answers?

Are you fucking 2 years old??? :facepalm: :dunno: :drama:

2Valve0
10-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Can't stand these emails.
I find its the tards who go to the den and party everynight like f*cking tools who do this. Good on them. I would give mine up if it wasn't for idiots. One girl once emailed are whole class with the list of days she missed, it was 3/4 of the classes asking for notes, I replied saying "I hope your dad kicks your ass for wasting his money"

Ebon
10-08-2009, 01:02 AM
I never respond to those emails. They go straight to the trash.

Want notes? Go make a friend.

gqmw
10-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by npham
Someone should start cashing in. I mean $20 per person, per lecture could yield enough cash to pay for school.

Haha someone should send out an email before finals saying something like: "Got great notes, $40 for a copy of the notes for the whole semester." I'm sure plenty of people would jump on it.

The GOPH 375 test turned out to be pretty easy, would've thought that he'd put more questions that were in the practice exams on the test since he wouldn't give us the answers.

jsn
10-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Tried to help out a beyonder a year or two ago. Put up a post saying he missed one class in an elective I was taking so I helped him out and sent him a copy. He then goes and asks for about 3 or 4 more lectures because his notes weren't any good. Needless to say I just ignored him after that.

Now I only share with people I know.

buh_buh
10-08-2009, 01:40 AM
hey I'm in Hildebrand's GOPH class too.
Midterm was pretty damn easy, considering I really only started studying for it yesterday.

turbotrip
10-08-2009, 02:23 AM
Wow so many whiners on beyond. I let anyone who needs them photocopy mine

Gainsbarre
10-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by jsn
Tried to help out a beyonder a year or two ago. Put up a post saying he missed one class in an elective I was taking so I helped him out and sent him a copy. He then goes and asks for about 3 or 4 more lectures because his notes weren't any good. Needless to say I just ignored him after that.

Now I only share with people I know.

Ya I had a similar experience about 3 years ago -- somebody wanted a copy of my GOPH 375 exams, so I made photocopies especially for them and agreed to meet with them on at least two separate occasions -- they never showed up :rolleyes:

So no, I'm not going to make copies of the GOPH 375 exams (or any other exam) for people that I don't know anymore.

hattonlynch
10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
what the hells the big deal with you guys and notes? just cause a guy has your notes doesn't mean he's going to do better on the test. it's all about time commitment, if the guys not committed to even get to class, he sure as shit will not do good on the test.

jsn
10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
:rolleyes:

If they want the notes then they should show up to lectures and take them. It takes time/effort to go to all (or most) of the lectures and take good notes. Why would I let some one I don't know, freeload off me? I tried to help a guy out (who I didn't know) when he wanted one lectures notes, because everyone misses a class or two, but no way in hell would I give all my notes to someone who's too lazy to take them themselves.

And it's not JUST the time commitment. Studying a long time off shitty notes definitely does not help as much as studying off good notes.

97acura
10-08-2009, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by hattonlynch
what the hells the big deal with you guys and notes? just cause a guy has your notes doesn't mean he's going to do better on the test. it's all about time commitment, if the guys not committed to even get to class, he sure as shit will not do good on the test.

:facepalm:

msommers
10-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by hattonlynch
it's all about time commitment, if the guys not committed to even get to class, he sure as shit will not do good on the test.

Very true. Then why should I waste an ounce of my time.

hattonlynch
10-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 97acura

:facepalm:
trollin' again cause you're butt hurt?

toastgremlin
10-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I'm in the same GOPH 375 class, although that's not such a surprise since it's like 300 people in there. We almost have enough for a meet.

The people asking for notes have been there for pretty much every class I've ever had that used Blackboard; I resent the first person to figure out they could spam the entire class on a whim. Apparently profs can turn it off, but nobody ever does.

sneek
10-09-2009, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
hey I'm in Hildebrand's GOPH class too.
Midterm was pretty damn easy, considering I really only started studying for it yesterday.

Yeah I saw you in there. I was going to ask how your ride was doing, but I decided that it might look suspicious.

buh_buh
10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
haha thanks Pat I appreciate that. Its good, except when it has to suffer in the cold when I'm at school.

colt22
10-09-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm in goph375 too.. how weird is hildebrand?

during the midterm he went up to some guy and asked if it was gin that was in his water bottle lol

and his emails.. 'gentle students' wtf lol