PDA

View Full Version : What happened today on 20 ave NE?

Zero102
10-05-2009, 10:47 PM
They had about 4 blocks of 20 ave NE shut down during morning rush hour today, with cop cars stationed at every intersection, shutting down 19 and 21 ave as well, they even had the big blue tactical truck out and parked on the grass. I checked citybeat and nothing is listed there (citybeat has been pretty weak lately), and I was wondering if anybody knew more about it?

G-ZUS
10-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Zero102
They had about 4 blocks of 20 ave NE shut down during morning rush hour today, with cop cars stationed at every intersection, shutting down 19 and 21 ave as well, they even had the big blue tactical truck out and parked on the grass. I checked citybeat and nothing is listed there (citybeat has been pretty weak lately), and I was wondering if anybody knew more about it?

nothing out of the ordinary for the ne

Zero102
10-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Guess I forgot to say, this is 20 ave between Centre St and Edmonton rail

JfuckinC
10-06-2009, 03:15 PM
didnt they do this yesterday morning too? or did i just hear it this morning and think it was yesterday lol...

masoncgy
10-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
nothing out of the ordinary for the ne

Yeah, you know the big huge ghetto that Tuxedo Park is... :rolleyes:

97acura
10-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

speedog
10-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by 97acura
Pics or it didn't happen. Why pics? Like, it was mentioned on a lot of the radio station's traffic reports this morning. Something happened and pics aren't needed in this case to confirm.

BTW, tactical teams and the blue armored truck were in the Bridlewood Sobey's parking lot all day on Monday - no pics (sorry 97acura). Guess that didn't happen either despite the customers coming into my shop and asking me what was going on.

Zero102
10-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
didnt they do this yesterday morning too? or did i just hear it this morning and think it was yesterday lol...

As a matter of fact it was "yesterday" morning (in quotes because it isn't today's yesterday...), I posted on the 5th, and nobody answered, so I posted further location details hoping somebody knew more about it on the 6th.

It was mentioned on all of the traffic reports and it really fucked things up in the area. Tuxedo Park isn't exactly a ghetto, there are a couple homeless people wandering through because it's so close to downtown, but it's mostly full of old white people who have owned their houses since the 50's when the area was new. It is really out of the ordinary to see the tactical truck in this area.

JustGo
10-07-2009, 11:42 AM
There was a guy threatening suicide and wouldn't come out of his house.

Police got him out, he's fine.

[/thread]

97acura
10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by speedog
Why pics? Like, it was mentioned on a lot of the radio station's traffic reports this morning. Something happened and pics aren't needed in this case to confirm.

BTW, tactical teams and the blue armored truck were in the Bridlewood Sobey's parking lot all day on Monday - no pics (sorry 97acura). Guess that didn't happen either despite the customers coming into my shop and asking me what was going on.

JustGo posted what happened. Post pics next time.

Toma
10-08-2009, 12:39 AM
:drama:

Type_B
10-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by JustGo

[/thread]

mmmh wonder why. seems to me he wanted attention more then killing himself. JUST DO IT - NIKE.

phil98z24
10-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Type_B

mmmh wonder why. seems to me he wanted attention more then killing himself. JUST DO IT - NIKE.

That is pretty much how it goes... they want a ride to the hospital, are mentally ill, impaired by alcohol/drugs and don't seem to have a clue what is going on.

Either that, or they want to set us up and attack us. Been to through that scenario, would rather not experience it again.

:thumbsdow

phil98z24
10-08-2009, 09:46 AM

[/thread]

Nothing more to tell us, 1337? ;)

Toma
10-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Crack house on 26th ave and 2nd street NE, second one in on the SE corner lol.

Go get em.

JustGo
10-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by phil98z24

Nothing more to tell us, 1337? ;)
hahaha other than it held me over by an hour an a half... not really... :)

bspot
10-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I wonder if that was my tenant in my rental on that street?

I hope he's still alive so he keeps paying rent... or that I at least have some post dated cheques to cash for a while.

phil98z24
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM

hahaha other than it held me over by an hour an a half... not really... :)

At least it was entertaining to listen to you guys while there was nothing else going on... haha!