PDA

View Full Version : Dishwasher Problem?

Mixalot27
10-06-2009, 05:55 AM
I'm having a problem with my dishwasher. My glasses and utensils are always covered in a white soap film. I have my rinse aid reservoir full. I have tried experimenting with the amount and type of detergent, from using just a tiny amount to filling the slots completely. I have also tried using different settings, from light wash, to pots and pans, to no heat drying, etc. The problem still occurs regardless what I do.

This dishwasher is only 5 months old and a mid range model, not a cheap one. My last dishwasher had exactly the same problem, which is why I replaced it. I live in an apartment building so I was thinking maybe its due to hard water? But I asked a few of my neighbors if they have the same problem and none of them do. I'm wondering if it could be hooked up incorrectly or something?

Its still under warranty so I guess I will have someone come out to look at it in the next week or so. I just thought I would post a thread in case someone here knows what the problem is and how I can fix it myself.

Thanks.

Davetronz
10-06-2009, 06:57 AM
If a dishwasher isn't reaching the proper temperature, it might not be completely dissolving the soap and leaving it as a residue on your dishes.

It might also need a cleaning. You can try removing the bottom filter assembly and removing any food particles, sand, etc. I had a similar problem with my dishwasher in a new condo a few years ago. When I removed the filter I found the spec label from the inside of the unit partially plugging the filter. They neglected to remove it when they tested the dishwasher and it got sucked into the filter.

You can run some vinegar through your dishwasher and it will clean the element (a dirty one prevents it from heating up) and the internals of the dishwasher.

You can also check the water supply line to your dishwasher. If the valve isn't open enough, the water pressure or amount of water getting into the dishwasher might be inadequate.

HHURICANE1
10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
It's still under warranty, call for service. It's possible the rinse mechanism isn't working properly but that is what warranty is for.

Mixalot27
10-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the suggestions Davetronz. I'll give them a try when I get some time.

Originally posted by HHURICANE1
It's still under warranty, call for service. It's possible the rinse mechanism isn't working properly but that is what warranty is for.

Yeah I'll for sure call for service if I can't get it working properly in the next few days. I just figured there might be some simple things I could try first that might solve the problem and save the trouble of setting up an appointment for a service call.

justincalgary
10-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Are you using the heated dry option.

Could be that, drying our hard water in Calgary tends to leave white film on bottoms of cups, or wherever water pools.