PDA

View Full Version : Tooth Whitening?

bradwatson
10-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Hey guys,

I have heard of a couple people who have used professional tooth whitening/bleaching (i.e. "Zoom" Tooth Whitening System"). Does anyone have any experience with this?

How much was it?
Where did you get it done? I'm located in the NW near the University so if there's somewhere close that would be preferable.
Was it just 1 session? 2? More?
How often do you do it? Every 6 months or yearly?

Thanks guys,

Brad

volodymyra1
10-14-2009, 04:40 AM
Hi

I found that aquafresh extreeme clean paste really whitened mine, its like, a metalic blue tube. and doesn't specify whitening I don't think, but it sure as heck helped me!
also, colgate total, have this 'professional weekly clean' paste, that you use once a week (along with your other pastes) and this seems to whiten mine also.

LongCity
10-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Which tooth do you wanna whiten?

interlude
10-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by LongCity
Which tooth do you wanna whiten?

lol.. i was thinking the same thing!

If you want to get teeth whitening. Try using the over the counter toothpaste (recommended by my dentist) If it doesnt work, then get the professional whitening from your dentist.

Proyecto2000
10-14-2009, 09:41 AM
i use crest whitestrips and they seem to work

G-ZUS
10-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Proyecto2000
i use crest whitestrips and they seem to work

:werd: used em for 2 weeks and noticied a big difference

Mitsu3000gt
10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
I drink a lot of black coffee and crest whitestrips made a VERY noticable difference.

msommers
10-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Another for the crest whitestrips. I only used it once a day because I have sensitive teeth and still noticed a difference.

Criticull
10-14-2009, 10:53 AM
crest whitestrips premium ftw...huge difference for me and I used to be a smoker and am still a big time coffee drinker.

The premium ones are in the mid range with respect to the amount of hydrogen peroxide, and I didn't find my teeth got all that sensitive after using them.

JAYMEZ
10-14-2009, 11:43 AM
I got mine done at Westhills Dental Clinic , it was $550 and they gave me a Tray for after as well..

I would really recommend it if you are in Sales. It took an hour and a bit , my teeth are white as hell. :thumbsup:

beyond_ban
10-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I got mine done at Westhills Dental Clinic , it was $550 and they gave me a Tray for after as well..

I would really recommend it if you are in Sales. It took an hour and a bit , my teeth are white as hell. :thumbsup:

Is there any special up keep to keep em pearly white? Or is it a one and done deal?

adidas
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Anyone try that zoom crap? Does it work?

Ive used Crest White sripes and god that hurt my teeth, i was to the point where i couldnt drink hot or cold water!

almerick
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by adidas
Anyone try that zoom crap? Does it work?

Ive used Crest White sripes and god that hurt my teeth, i was to the point where i couldnt drink hot or cold water!

Same! I wonder if it stripped (not intended) layers off your enamel? But not gonna lie, it worked.

slinkie
10-14-2009, 02:06 PM
someone i know has used whitestrips quite a bit (pretty much constantly for over a month) and their teeth look kind of 'grey' in the corners, etc. they look very...'whitened' not in a good way. so be careful.

adidas
10-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by almerick

Same! I wonder if it stripped (not intended) layers off your enamel? But not gonna lie, it worked.

I have a feeling thats what it did. As most of this "teeth whitening" has to do with harsh chemicals and no doubt in my mind it has went as far as stripping your top layer off your teeth.

I stopped using it a few days in, i even resorted to using it once a day but i would still feel pain after a few days!

JAYMEZ
10-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban

Is there any special up keep to keep em pearly white? Or is it a one and done deal?

Just brush your teeth.. They are bleach white right away... And then you can touch up with the trays and bleach set they give you..

Its really a noticeable change.

Mitsu3000gt
10-14-2009, 03:28 PM
You can buy 10 or 11 Crest Whitestrip Premium for the price of the dentist whitening, I wonder how much difference there is between them. Anyone done both?

JAYMEZ
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
You can buy 10 or 11 Crest Whitestrip Premium for the price of the dentist whitening, I wonder how much difference there is between them. Anyone done both?

They dont compare whats so ever...

I went from the middle color (Teeth Scale) all the way to the Bleach Scale..

The Zoom takes an hour and a bit with full results
The Crest White strips.. That would take months.

signature7
10-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I recently just bought this whitening product, I forget the name right now. where you shine a light on your teeth for two minutes at a time, and each time you apply a liquid on each individual teeth. Minimum 10 times to a maximum of 20 in one sitting. Well it took about 50 minutes to do in total, but it was really annoying. I stuck it out though because I was sold it'd work... Claims that you see results right away up to 6 shades

Conclusion: I don't notice any big differences and the shade chart is difficult to use. The price was 60 dollars.

Tonight I'm going to try these trays I bought for 40 bucks and report back in a few days. Says results in three days. I'm skeptical though. I think I'll go to West Hills, seeing how I've spent almost a fifth of what Jaymez spent. Is it hard to book?

JAYMEZ
10-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by signature7
I recently just bought this whitening product, I forget the name right now. where you shine a light on your teeth for two minutes at a time, and each time you apply a liquid on each individual teeth. Minimum 10 times to a maximum of 20 in one sitting. Well it took about 50 minutes to do in total, but it was really annoying. I stuck it out though because I was sold it'd work... Claims that you see results right away up to 6 shades

Conclusion: I don't notice any big differences and the shade chart is difficult to use. The price was 60 dollars.

Tonight I'm going to try these trays I bought for 40 bucks and report back in a few days. Says results in three days. I'm skeptical though. I think I'll go to West Hills, seeing how I've spent almost a fifth of what Jaymez spent. Is it hard to book?

No I booked a day in advance , they have spots open for it. Its great results

:thumbsup:

msommers
10-14-2009, 05:46 PM
I wonder how enamel deterioration compares between the clinical and store bought whitening...

bradwatson
10-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I have tried the store-bought crest white strips, etc. and I didn't like them. Honestly it was more of a pain than I thought it was worth.

JAYMEZ, did you schedule your teeth whitening shortly after a normal dentist's cleaning? I read on the Zoom website that it was recommended.

I think I'm going to go with the professional teeth whitening. Has anyone else had any experience with it?

Cheers

jav_
10-15-2009, 09:58 PM
theres a thread floating around here somewhere about the op's wife who does teeth whitening on the side...not sure if they're still doing it but give the guy a pm if u find the thread

bradwatson
10-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by jav_
theres a thread floating around here somewhere about the op's wife who does teeth whitening on the side...not sure if they're still doing it but give the guy a pm if u find the thread

I did a search and couldn't find anything. If anyone finds anything, let me know!

I'm still looking for some more people that have had experience with professional teeth whitening. I just wanna make sure there were no crazy side effects that anyone felt.

GQBalla
10-16-2009, 08:35 AM
i have a whitening tray that was made for my teeth by my dentist.

i might start using it again.

imo it made a hella difference.

my mom got the laser whitening treatment and her teeth are still so pearly white.

but the day when she got home from the treatment was crazy, it was like the friends episode when Ross bleached his teeth

JAYMEZ
10-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by bradwatson
Thanks for the help guys. I have tried the store-bought crest white strips, etc. and I didn't like them. Honestly it was more of a pain than I thought it was worth.

JAYMEZ, did you schedule your teeth whitening shortly after a normal dentist's cleaning? I read on the Zoom website that it was recommended.

I think I'm going to go with the professional teeth whitening. Has anyone else had any experience with it?

Cheers

I had my teeth cleaned a couple weeks prior.. You would have to check with them. I would recommend it if you want Pearl white teeth.

The thread was ZOOM Whitening , i think it was by someone at STRD.. cant remember.

jav_
10-16-2009, 12:22 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/226698/teeth-whitening/

ExtraSlow
11-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Anyone have a recomendation for localized staining? I drink coffee and tea and my eeth are kinda middle of the road in terms of whiteness, but I have some stains that are much darker than the rest of the tooth. No idea what the deal with this is, but it's ugly.
I've used the whitestrips and not only did I dislike them, I saw zero result. Considering a professional alternative now.

Khalil.e
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by jav_
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/226698/teeth-whitening/

Meh - worked so-so....

Don't think I would recommend it.

gqmw
12-03-2009, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by adidas

I have a feeling thats what it did. As most of this "teeth whitening" has to do with harsh chemicals and no doubt in my mind it has went as far as stripping your top layer off your teeth.

I stopped using it a few days in, i even resorted to using it once a day but i would still feel pain after a few days!

That pain is ridiculously annoying. I hate having a continuously tingly feeling of pain on my teeth.:(

TC06
12-03-2009, 03:17 AM
http://www.whitetrays.ca/landing_en.aspx

cooperS
12-03-2009, 08:47 AM
send a pm to Will at STRD, his wife do moblie teeth whitening.
decent price!