PDA

View Full Version : The story of my stories. AKA Beware of 'Voisin Homes'

J NRG
10-06-2009, 12:39 PM

brandon
10-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I was about to say that you have the worst luck...

but after following your stories posted up on here... i'm not so sure it's luck....

roopi
10-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Homeless with internet? :thumbsup:

scat19
10-06-2009, 12:49 PM
What do you want the landlord to do? Pay for you to live there? :facepalm:

5hift
10-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by J NRG
This guy is trying to sue me for $17k for a place i lived in for less than 4 months. I also didnt really spend any time there while i was there but my dogs did scratch the floors a bit. I guess that happens if you rent to someone with dogs.

Lets see here

You and your friends moved into a brand new condo.

You guys damage drywall, the carpet, your dogs scratch the shit out of the floors, and your blaming the landlord because he was the one who rented to you knowing you had dogs?

On top of that you don't pay rent (being late may not seem like a big deal to you, but if he's paying a mortgage on the place, that cash has to come out of his pocket and he probably has his own family to worry about.

To prevent the place he owns from being further trashed he changes the locks.

After that I read nothing but excuses and sob stories. Your truck getting vandalized, dogs injured, all that ... nothing to do with the actual situation of you not paying rent and damaging the place well beyond what a dd could recover.

Jlude
10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

Lets see here

You and your friends moved into a brand new condo.

You guys damage drywall, the carpet, your dogs scratch the shit out of the floors, and your blaming the landlord because he was the one who rented to you knowing you had dogs?

On top of that you don't pay rent (being late may not seem like a big deal to you, but if he's paying a mortgage on the place, that cash has to come out of his pocket and he probably has his own family to worry about.

To prevent the place he owns from being further trashed he changes the locks.

After that I read nothing but excuses and sob stories. Your truck getting vandalized, dogs injured, all that ... nothing to do with the actual situation of you not paying rent and damaging the place well beyond what a dd could recover.

This is definetly an unfortunate story, but really, look at it this way.

If you owned the brand new condo and had 3 guys living in it that were noting but trouble from the first month, who were late on their rent (in your eyes you were late, in his eyes, he has no idea if you intend to pay or not) and like everyone has said, he owns this condo and is likely having to pay the mortgage out of pocket. On top of all that, there are constant damages piling up that he probably doubts will be fixed since you were late on your rent. I would have changed the locks too.

It's sad that you had no place to go, it really is, but If I were in the landlords position, I would have changed the locks as well. It's his investment he has to protect, not your welfare.

Suing you for 17k may be a little extreme, but the cost of the damages isn't too crazy to sue for. I would hope to go that you guys didn't cause 17k worth of damages, but who knows, especially if the place was brand new.

A really tough lesson learned, don't move in with people you don't know.

It's surprising that the landlord didn't have anyone sign a lease agreement, especially for all 3 people. Unless you signed it and they just rented from you or something.

HungryJack
10-06-2009, 01:09 PM
I think the moral of this thread is never rent to J NRG.

Or really, have anything to do with him, financially.

J NRG
10-06-2009, 01:25 PM

J NRG
10-06-2009, 01:34 PM

Jlude
10-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Ya i know im in the wrong for telling off those guys for smoking in the house or leaving druken messes to the point they move.

Im also in the wrong for not just ditching the place to begin with.

Dont forget im also wrong for spending 150$ on a steam cleaner and arranging for the holes it made to be fixed.

I definitly wrong and evil for telling the landlord i found ciggy burns in the carpets i cleaned.

I must also be wrong for noticing the fucking crack dealer selling between McDonalds and the school while i sat in my truck trying to rectify my situation.

Ill be back with more of how im wrong shortly.

You are wrong for moving in with those characters to begin with. Did it come as a shock to you that they acted like that?

How does a steam cleaner put holes in the wall? Unless you're very very careless while using it.

What does the crack dealer have anything to do with this?

Mibz
10-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Moved to Real Estate since I don't think it has anything to do with our sponsor.

J NRG
10-06-2009, 01:57 PM

5hift
10-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Lol keep feeling sorry for yourself and pumpin the sob stories, maybe someone else will fall for it as well.

Protesting in front of town hall blaming Calgarians for coming in and taking your work? Lol

Trash a condo and think renting a $150 rug dr will make up for it.

Arraigning for holes to be fixed? You either got them fixed or you didn't.

What do local crack dealers have to do with anything?

The more you type, the more of a joke you come off as.

J NRG
10-06-2009, 02:48 PM

Pahnda
10-06-2009, 02:52 PM
That sucks pretty hard. There were a lot of bad decisions to get to that point but at least you're up front and admit them.

Hope it works out for all parties

max_boost
10-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Well basically the landlord hates you, doesn't trust you and will do whatever he can to get back at you (whether justified or not).

7thgenvic
10-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I had bad tenants that lived in the basement of my place....Didn't pay his bills on time. Always came up with a shitty excuse for not working... I allowed him a dog after he cried and said it's all he has. I ended up giving him the boot and gave him 24 hours to vacate the property.

Needless to say, you put yourself in a bad situation and I don't have that much sympathy for your situation. You allowed the condo to be trashed. If you would have had some balls you would have helped prevent the damage when it first happened. I'm curious. How long were you in this place before being locked out.

You don't really hold a strong case given that you damaged his property.

FlySi
10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
*yawn* typical shitty tenant sob story. This thread should be renamed "Deadbeat tenant gets owned by landlord"

J NRG
10-06-2009, 07:33 PM

7thgenvic
10-06-2009, 07:47 PM
what's his email. I'll be glad to email this thread over to him and he can add to his case :)

BokCh0y
10-06-2009, 07:53 PM
i jsut wanted to say that regardless waht happened, you or the landlord being at fault...

i hope things smooth out for you dude. Good Luck man.

bg_27
10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by FlySi
*yawn* typical shitty tenant sob story. This thread should be renamed "Deadbeat tenant gets owned by landlord"

+12

J NRG
10-06-2009, 10:11 PM

Weapon_R
10-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Case? He has no case. If nothing else, for the reason that its pretty hard to collect $17k from a guy that has lost 4 vehicles and 2 bikes and accrued 5900$ of damages in most recent bills, never mind the expenses associated with living reasonably while homeless.

Come home to your locks changed (lose 1/2 your shit), have a cargo van and trailer destroyed (i dont even have a price for this), wake up to a rock thrown your windshield (300$ windshield, 3500$ lawyer), find your bikes missing (a trek 8000 and a beefy sasquatch aka ~3000$), lose a dog off the truck (2400$) and then come talk to me.

Dont forget to try and handle that in 3 or 4 months.

BTW, crank up daddies heat you might get a shiver.

And thank you BokCh0y, thats the nicest thing ive heard today. Considering its also my b-day, :thumbsup:

Judgments are good for 10 years and can be renewed. Interest accrues if you don't pay.

The mere fact that you are down on your luck doesn't give you immunity to do what you want. You can avoid owning/buying anything for the rest of your life, but that is pretty unlikely.

J NRG
10-06-2009, 11:25 PM

FullMetal
10-07-2009, 12:59 AM
i read some of ur gay stories and im done for "GET OFF UR ASS AND LOOK FOR A JOB LIKE MOST PEOPLE ARE AND STOP BLAMING OTHERS NOOB":cry: :whocares:

2Valve0
10-07-2009, 01:14 AM
I would just like to say, luck seems like nothing really to do with it. I hope you the best of luck, but honestly clean up the act.
If you move in with idiots, expect to have something stupid happen, if you don't pay your bills, expect to have the services taken away etc.
This guy doesn't need anymore lectures, but seriously dude, make some intelligent decisions for yourself and your "luck" might change a little.

J NRG
10-07-2009, 02:08 AM

7thgenvic
10-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Enjoy EI scumbag :)

sh0ko
10-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Luck? No, living with no security is not luck its shit waiting to happen.

what???

what does the landlord hafta do with this?

excuse me while i hire a security guard for my house and my car parked outside... that way shit will not happen... umm ya..

im actually gonna phone cps right now to sit out my house and guard it just in case...its always smart to be one step ahead of those criminals

and if u treated your landlord like the way you responded here on beyond.ca... i can totally see why he would pull a stunt like that.... u say "i cant fix things cuz im locked out" by the sounds of it, it seems like you had more than enough time to look after it but didnt bother...and you have quite the attitude it seems....a majority of people dont just pull stunts like this without a valid reason

out of curiousity though.. what did you need a lawyer for in terms of your windshield and other damages.. did you catch the cuplrit and needed a lawyer to get him charged?

or...

and holy crap what kinda dog do u have for 2400...thats balllinnn

J NRG
10-07-2009, 12:40 PM

Rat Fink
10-07-2009, 12:53 PM

Rat Fink
10-07-2009, 01:04 PM

J NRG
10-07-2009, 01:18 PM

Masked Bandit
10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
With regards to your bankruptcy plans, I'm not sure going bankrupt clears off court awarded payments (lawsuits). I really don't know but you should check into that.

J NRG
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM

barmanjay
10-07-2009, 01:48 PM
J NRG

You sound like a nice guy and I would be nice to put you up for a few days,.. but I'm freakin scared I'll catch your bad luck,... Sorry man!

But my thoughts are with you.

J NRG
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM

FullMetal
10-07-2009, 11:27 PM

My reply starts here: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=3091917#post3091917

and ends here: http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&cr=countryCA&q=%22juiced+nrg%22&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&fp=2e6e289080ce88e

In other, less drastic words... eat some dick.

lol all ur posts have backfired on you "lucky" :barf: sorry im not gay

dexlargo
10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Have you been served with a statement of claim, or just a demand letter?

I'd be surprised if your landlord would actually incur the costs of hiring a lawyer and filing a lawsuit against a person without appreciable assets. Unless for some reason your landlord thinks you have assets. Or he's just really mad at you and willing to throw away that money? :dunno:

J NRG
10-08-2009, 04:00 PM

bituerbo
10-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by brandon
I was about to say that you have the worst luck...

but after following your stories posted up on here... i'm not so sure it's luck....

THIS.

Stop taking chances with your life and get a steady job. Sure you don't get to be your own boss, but you know what you get instead of that? A paycheck. Every 2 weeks, like fucking clockwork.

J NRG
10-09-2009, 05:17 PM

canuckcarguy
10-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Sounds like most of your bad "luck" stems from your own mistakes, lack of insurance, and bad judgment. In any event, your landlord is way poorer for having met you. $17K poorer? It's irrelevant, you'll never pay him anyway. Thank goodness he threw you out before you did more damage.

Declare bankruptcy, that's an action consistent with your pattern.

J NRG
10-11-2009, 02:39 AM

Joe-G
10-11-2009, 02:55 AM
Who do you think you are? Do you honestly believe that nobody else has the right to 'take' your business?

Stop blaming others. I may be in the wrong, but from what ive read, everything thats happened to you is justified to a certain extent. You made certain decisions that put you where you are now.....

EDIT: I just read your story online. I do feel kind of bad for you, but in my opinion Id give up the towing business and get a steady job.

J NRG
10-11-2009, 03:10 AM

Joe-G
10-11-2009, 03:16 AM
I'm am an Alberta tax paying holder of a business license.

Therefore I have the right to due process,
the right to police services,
the right to voice my community concerns,
the right to protect my business.

What if I came and did it for cheaper and with no rights/permits in front of your location? What if i set up a dope dealer across the street from your kids high-school?

What if i changed the locks on your doors without the due process?

Everything you said is all true, but in my opinion, that's life. It's never a fair game at all. Who's to say they dont have a business license either?

But if you did set yourself up and sell dope next to a high-school, you would make a killing LOL :nut:

J NRG
10-11-2009, 03:20 AM

VWEvo
10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Just outta curiosity, if a Calgary tow truck comes to pick up a Calgary customer and tow them back to Calgary, they seem to be infringing on your "territory" (ie. they are not licensed in Canmore). However, if you tow a car from Canmore to Calgary, aren't you infringing on their territory (ie. your not licensed to tow in Calgary). Perhaps some clarification on this so I can better understand your point of view on what exactly were you protesting. It seems to me, that the Calgary tow trucks were probably towing Calgary customers back to Calgary.

ExtraSlow
10-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by VWEvo
Just outta curiosity, if a Calgary tow truck comes to pick up a Calgary customer and tow them back to Calgary, they seem to be infringing on your "territory" (ie. they are not licensed in Canmore). However, if you tow a car from Canmore to Calgary, aren't you infringing on their territory (ie. your not licensed to tow in Calgary). Perhaps some clarification on this so I can better understand your point of view on what exactly were you protesting. It seems to me, that the Calgary tow trucks were probably towing Calgary customers back to Calgary.

And where does this leave the Cochrane tow truck drivers? they are getting screwed either way.

J NRG
10-11-2009, 03:40 PM

bignerd
10-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Not sure which condo you were living in, generally any rental property of the Voisin's is VERY nice...

He may be taking care of the paperwork himself but he has the means to have a very adequate lawyer take care of it as well. You may be best off trying to make amends with him or telling him flat out that you have nothing or will just end up declaring bankruptcy... Really the cost of the repairs is probably not the point, I am sure it is more of a principal thing.

Felt bad about your dog but it sure seems like you have had a lot of unfortunate incidents happen recently, perhaps it is time to stop and review your decision making process (inlcuding friends you choose to hang out with) because somewhere along the line something is not working out for you.

J NRG
10-12-2009, 05:54 PM

prae
10-12-2009, 08:44 PM
I know he has the means. Thats exactly what the cop said when they said they wouldnt charge him.

"It wouldnt even be a drop out of his bucket, so whats the point?"
(So if i drive drunk, its ok because i can just get a another car tomorrow?)

If you call toilet water leaking onto the dinning table nice, have at 'er! Bring lots of light bulbs as well and trade that truck in for a smart car if you plan on parking indoors. Also remember that when he calls you a crackhead for bringing it up, he means it in a loving way.

Nice and quality dont even come close to being the same.

Visually stunning. Practically useless. 1900$ a month.

You chose the rent the place, I hardly think you have the right to complain about it's features or how much you were paying. That was all your choice.

Legally speaking, Mr. Voisin may have been in the wrong for locking you out but I sympathize with him. Any tenant that isnt paying the rent shouldn't expect a roof over their head. I think way too much legal headroom is afforded to tenants in default.

J NRG
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM

sgouki
10-20-2009, 04:59 PM
The guy changed the locks? That is awesome. I've dealt with guys like you and I can't understand why you would rent a place you can't afford. Damage the property with your buddies who leave you after a couple months and all of a sudden you're the victim. You have got to put yourself into the home owners shoes for a second before you even think about starting up a useless rant thread.
I may sound like an ass but I honestly feel bad for whichever landlord takes you in next. My properties are all filled so I'm glad I don't have to worry about running into you.
Go buy a place of your own and let your wild dogs tear that shit up. Then when you decide that you want to restore your place back to how it was when you first acquired it you'll realize then, 17k is not so bad for labor and the grief you've caused.