PDA

View Full Version : Granite Cutting/Drilling

Davetronz
10-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Are there any granite guys on Beyond, or has anyone had a good experience with any companies?

The wife and I got an instant boiling water tap for our kitchen sink as a wedding gift. (For anyone who hasn't seen one of these things, they are awesome, my parents have one and I've missed it every day since I've moved out).

Anyways, I need to drill a hole in my granite to install this tap. Unfortunately, I also have a granite undermount sink under my countertops. The lip/edge for the undermount sink is VERY close to spot I would need to drill. Not wanting to crack, shatter or otherwise bastardize my granite and sink, I think it's better to contract this out to a pro.

I don't have the exact diameter at the moment, but I can provide it if necessary. I'm good with the plumbing and electrical aspects of the installation, just need the hole drilled.

Let me know if you can help me out.

Kona9
10-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I just got back from my buddies granite shop as he is doing my vanities right now. I will call him and ask if he wants to do a Beyond discounted service call.

Coring holes is pretty easy stuff. All in all it should only take him less than 30 mins with set up and clean up.