PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Titan vs Toyota Tundra

CelicaST-162
11-13-2003, 11:48 PM
Im just wondering, Im not gonna bother doing a poll....Anywhoo which trucks would you guys pick? The 4.7L Toyota Tundra? Or the newly anticipated 5.6L Nissan Titan?

Im all for the Titan :drool:

sandman
11-14-2003, 01:41 AM
go nissan :D

5.9 R/T
11-14-2003, 02:07 AM
Is this even a question? Strickly by the numbers there isn't even a comparison, true full size vs. wanna-be full size.

4wheeldrift
11-14-2003, 07:48 AM
If you actually need a truck to do stuff like towing with, the Titan is a far better choice. If you are just buying a truck for the sake of having one, it really makes no difference.

hjr
11-14-2003, 11:01 AM
tundra isnt really up to the level the titan should be. but in the end its just a truck. if you need to haul stuff you should be looking at a ford f350 diesel...

DonJuan
11-15-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by hjr
tundra isnt really up to the level the titan should be. but in the end its just a truck. if you need to haul stuff you should be looking at a ford f350 diesel...
Ahem... Duramax Turbodiesel... 3000 rpm redline and tires melt the whole way.

I donth think this is a far comparison though, the tundra eventhough it is a v8 isn't in the same league with the Titan, its more competiton for the Frontier S/C, while the Titan is aimed squarley at the F150 and the like

shelbix2020
11-15-2003, 01:23 AM
I cant stand the looks of the Tiatan!!:banghead: WTFudge??

The only thing I can honestly say I like about the Titan, is that the rear door swings completly open, almot 180*

I personally think the Tundra is a perfect size ... I dont need a bigger truck to compensate for personal problems. Now Im into Baja racing and thats what the Tundra is geard around, I cant see a Titan goin 100mph+ through the desert! I might also point out the Tundras saftey record and the quality of the engines theyve been producing, Ill be waiting with my Tundra when it has 300k miles on it to see if the Tiatan can make it to 200k. Id also like to see the gas mileage of the Titan with that allmighty 5.6L engine at 300HP that soars above the Tundras 4.7L - 245HP engine lol I get 19/20 for gas mileage.

All in all every truck has their weakness and strengths .... so when I learn more about the Titan I can make an acurate statement

ok Im almot done rambling.... be honest, which would you prefer??
http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/VEHICLE/2004/Nissan/100214678/022195-E.jpg
or
http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/Jeff_Ostertag2.jpg

Originally posted by DonJuan
I donth think this is a far comparison though, the tundra eventhough it is a v8 isn't in the same league with the Titan, its more competiton for the Frontier S/C, while the Titan is aimed squarley at the F150 and the like
PERFECT!

5.9 R/T
11-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by shelbix2020
I dont need a bigger truck to compensate for personal problems.

Do you even need a truck at all? There are some people out there that actually use their truck for more then hauling the old ladies flowerbeds around. I know you're all pro tundra/toyota but come on, fuel economy? Bigger engine. bigger truck. more power. less economy. Obviously. WEAK! Hahaha you think the titan is a bad truck because it might not be able to Baja race as well as the tundra? WEAK X 2! As for the 'reliability' issues I can't even get into that with a Toyota owner, as they got their noses so far up in the air there is no point. The Tundra is good as a weekend truck, a light duty truck if you will, that equals in price to trucks much more capable. It has the usual Toyota qualities, bland styling coupled with assumed high quality and reliability, with an equally high price. And the Tundra was built by Toyota for the full size market, just as the Titan is, problem is in terms of tow/haul and power it falls way short, hence it has to play with the little guys. Hell I bet a V8 Dakota could out tow/haul it.

shelbix2020
11-15-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Do you even need a truck at all? There are some people out there that actually use their truck for more then hauling the old ladies flowerbeds around. I know you're all pro tundra/toyota but come on, fuel economy? Bigger engine. bigger truck. more power. less economy. Obviously. WEAK! Hahaha you think the titan is a bad truck because it might not be able to Baja race as well as the tundra? WEAK X 2! As for the 'reliability' issues I can't even get into that with a Toyota owner, as they got their noses so far up in the air there is no point. The Tundra is good as a weekend truck, a light duty truck if you will, that equals in price to trucks much more capable. It has the usual Toyota qualities, bland styling coupled with assumed high quality and reliability, with an equally high price. And the Tundra was built by Toyota for the full size market, just as the Titan is, problem is in terms of tow/haul and power it falls way short, hence it has to play with the little guys. Hell I bet a V8 Dakota could out tow/haul it.
Ok I didnt say the Titan was "bad" because it cant baja race fastest whatever I said I think its "ugly" as the chicks in you sig and prove me wrong on the reliability.....

AND "do I need a truck .... hauling the old ladies flowerbeds around" wtf???? you have no idea who I am or what I do ... I use my truck for my job, you know a place where you work for money..., I haul around tools, boxes and spools of CAT5 cable and 6-7foot ladders. I happened to notice the TITAN 4Dr has a 5.5' foot bed ... well GEEE thats convenient :thumbsdow

Fuel economy? I didnt even mention anything in against the Titan ... How can you even argue about that? There are no figures to back it up yet!!

High priced?? you think the Tundra is high priced?? Tundra - $20k - $25K ..... Titan - $27k - $40K

Maybe you should compare the H2 SUT with the Titan ... or is that not fair?? maybe cuz it makes the Titan look like a pussy?

Aleks
11-15-2003, 03:57 AM
You can't go wrong with names like Armada and Titan :poosie:

5.9 R/T
11-15-2003, 06:43 AM

prove me wrong on the reliability.....

Prove yourself right without using JD powers or hearsay personal accounts.

I happened to notice the TITAN 4Dr has a 5.5' foot bed ... well GEEE thats convenient :thumbsdow

Apples to Apples bud. Tundra 4dr = 6.1 ft bed, Titan 4dr = 5.7 ft. Tundra extended cab = 6.3 ft, Titan = 6.7 ft. So since you probably have the extended cab wouldn't that extra .4 ft come in handy for all those ladders, not to mention the extra bed width?

Fuel economy? I didnt even mention anything in against the Titan ... How can you even argue about that? There are no figures to back it up yet!!

Id also like to see the gas mileage of the Titan with that allmighty 5.6L engine at 300HP that soars above the Tundras 4.7L - 245HP engine lol I get 19/20 for gas mileage.

It's implied. Also you only have 240hp and 315ft/lbs, 305hp and 379ft/lbs for the titan.

High priced?? you think the Tundra is high priced?? Tundra - $20k - $25K ..... Titan - $27k - $40K

I wonder where you got those numbers from? I think they may be a bit off. 40k? You won't even pay 40K for a fully optioned silverado. And your precious Tundra tops out at 31 MSRP.

I realize that the Tundra probably meets your ladder toting needs just fine, but don't try and belittle the Titan because you feel inadequate, I mean you feel your truck is inadequate...

shelbix2020
11-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
...but don't try and belittle the Titan because you feel inadequate, I mean you feel your truck is inadequate...
right whatever ... I just wanna see 1 person take that pile through a dip/speed bump/puddle of water goin faster than 20, I wanna see 1 person go anywhere offroad, I wanna se JUST 1 person tow 9,000+lbs ..... and by off-road, I dont mean the side of the road on the grass.

But whatever ... if you need a titan to drive your ass around on the streets, go ahead ... as for me, Im happy with the Tundra so you can keep arguing over this pile o shit but Im done here. its not worth the effort.

DonJuan
11-15-2003, 02:38 PM

right whatever ... I just wanna see 1 person take that pile through a dip/speed bump/puddle of water goin faster than 20, I wanna see 1 person go anywhere offroad, I wanna se JUST 1 person tow 9,000+lbs ..... and by off-road, I dont mean the side of the road on the grass.

But whatever ... if you need a titan to drive your ass around on the streets, go ahead ... as for me, Im happy with the Tundra so you can keep arguing over this pile o shit but Im done here. its not worth the effort.
Dude why u so angry? Nobody said the tundra was a bad truck. No one is dissing your ride. so WTF is your beef? The tundra is a great all around truck but isn't in the same league as the fullsized Sierra, f150, Titan etc. So why u so mad when the tundra comes up short? It's not even the correct competition. But comparing Import trucks then how can you not go with the titan: more power, bigger, stronger, meaner lookin, etc. PLZ before you reply think and then write.:nut:

4wheeldrift
11-15-2003, 06:02 PM

I wanna se JUST 1 person tow 9,000+lbs
If i was planning on towing 9000+lbs, I'd be doing it in a Titan, because the Tundra maxes out at 7300lbs.

5.9 R/T
11-16-2003, 04:06 AM

You're an idiot.

See what I mean about arguing with die hard toyota fans?

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
If i was planning on towing 9000+lbs, I'd be doing it in a Titan, because the Tundra maxes out at 7300lbs.

Hahaha, I was right, a Dakota can out haul it.

billmack
01-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Down to making some final decisions on purchasing a 2004 Nissan Titan and checking out the saftey blurp if any avail. Any opinions??

Mike09
01-11-2004, 11:45 AM
I like the titan more than the Tundra! But if you want power out of the truck go Domestic.

EstoMax
01-11-2004, 01:32 PM
i saw a white titan one day.. i must say in person they look fantastic! :thumbsup:

but yeah... i think that domestics have more experience with trucks than imports.. so therefore they might have an edge over them most of the time

max

illeagle
01-11-2004, 01:39 PM
I heard HONDA is comming out with a pickup truck, true?:dunno:

Boostn
01-11-2004, 02:57 PM
IMO Tundra!

T5_X
01-11-2004, 03:10 PM
For 95% of people who buy 1/2 ton pickups in Alberta, the Tundra is a better choice.

Mike09
01-11-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I heard HONDA is comming out with a pickup truck, true?:dunno:
yes and so is Mitsubishi, reportedly.