10-08-2009, 01:48 PM
SOLD

Please close thread

hellraiser456
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Finally some pictures.

Suey
10-27-2009, 06:12 PM
i went to check out this car from justin and it had an fluid leaking from the engine that he said was the oil bolt but it seemed to be coming from higher up was this problem corrected? and FYI i believe the engine had 110XXX when you bought it.
also when i was considering it the price was much higher why such a drop?:dunno:

rockanrepublic
10-28-2009, 10:46 PM
what do you mean there is some history im pretty interested looks like a quality shell and im looking for a track car. also what im kinda wondering what that other guy was tlaking about.

hellraiser456
10-29-2009, 07:47 PM
i just don't want it anymore...

frankly i just want it gone and need the money. hence the price drop.

for the oil leak problem...i really haven't noticed it...however the car has barely been driven since in my ownership and i wasn't too worried about the engine at the point i was at. i felt other areas of the car needed attention in order for it to be safe to drive. the suspension was the main concern. so i got the parts, got part way through with the install
(fronts done as mentioned) and then i had to move and then i ran into some money troubles so here i am.

i have all the parts you need to complete the rear suspension. in all honesty though...the rear shocks and springs are fried. if you accelerate too hard the rear wheels start to hop (yes hop). its scary especially because the car only has 160 hp. if it were up to me i would then work on the brakes. they work alright for the cars age but for anything performance related, they need to be refreshed.

tomorrow i will take a peak around for that mentioned oil leak.

this would be an excellent track car as that is what i had planned for it.

mr2mike
10-29-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Suey
i went to check out this car from justin and it had an fluid leaking from the engine that he said was the oil bolt but it seemed to be coming from higher up was this problem corrected? and FYI i believe the engine had 110XXX when you bought it.
also when i was considering it the price was much higher why such a drop?:dunno:

Don't know this engine too well but it could be a lot of things. Could be a lose valve cover (easy fix) or a leak on an oil line (possibly an easy fix). Or it could be leaking from the head or something?

Pretty hard to diagnose without hunting it down but a compression test will easily tell you if the motor is decent or not.

I wouldn't rule this car out for someone who likes MR2's and is willing to put in time to get this car in running shape. They also have motor mount kits to help get a 3S-GTE motor in there.

hellraiser456
10-30-2009, 12:14 PM
^^that's what it sounds like to me. i doubt it would be the head as that would be one bad head/head gasket issue. i think the engine would then not run well at all, or atleast show other symptoms.

i won't lie...this car needs work, but it is a great platform to make something quite quick for a fair price.

anyone interested should look up the 3s-gte swap. 2250lbs and and easy 300hp makes these cars very quick and due to their light weight, they handle very well.