PDA

View Full Version : Review: 1010tires.com

94boosted
10-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm sure most of you know about 1010tires.com regardless here is a quick review on my experience with them. Needed to get some good winter tires for my car as it comes with summer only tires from the factory. I called pretty much every shop in town and the quotes ranged from $195-300 per tire for half-decent winter tires. Speedtech and Urban Expressions had the best prices of all the shops in town btw.

Buddy suggested 1010tires.com so i checked it out and found a set of Falken Eurowinter HS439's (225/40/R18) for $175each with taxes and shipping and enviromental fees it came out to $750. Ordered them this past Sunday (Oct 4th) they arrived today. Saved my self about $100+ and am really happy.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/IMG_0741.jpg

2EFNFAST
10-08-2009, 10:41 PM
[beyond attack]//How dare you not support local business & forum sponsors[/attack] :guns:

TomcoPDR
10-08-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
[beyond attack]//How dare you not support local business & forum sponsors[/attack] :guns:

- "wait till the tire pops then where would you go for service?"
- "how would you get them installed?"

[/attack contribution]

syritis
10-08-2009, 10:57 PM
if you don't know sone one with a tire machine the cost of the tire (from 1010) plus shipping plus mounting is roughly the same as what it is to buy local.

I bought some summer tires from them this summer. Good service despite the a little confusion. good prices too.

Drsuce
10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
1010tires wants $200 more than im paying for my Toyo's...

If you want real savings and DONT have a local hook-up look to the USA. I however have a local hookup and choose to suport local suppliers :P

94boosted
10-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Not trying to give our sponsors a bad rep because as I said from all the local shops Speedtech and Urban Expressions had some of the best prices in town however 1010tires was cheaper.

Originally posted by syritis
if you don't know sone one with a tire machine the cost of the tire (from 1010) plus shipping plus mounting is roughly the same as what it is to buy local.

Well no because the quotes I got installed all worked out to about $1000. Buying from 1010tires and taking the tires to the dealership will run me a total of $850 so I saved quite a bit of money.

Originally posted by Drsuce
1010tires wants $200 more than im paying for my Toyo's...

If you want real savings and DONT have a local hook-up look to the USA. I however have a local hookup and choose to suport local suppliers :P
I tried tirerack and after shipping/handling and exchange rate it worked out to a about the same.

Civ2NR
10-09-2009, 08:59 AM
The whole supporting local businesses arguement is not was does it for me. I'm all about seeing local businesses prosper but if I can save a lot of money by shopping elsewhere then I'm likely going to go elsewhere. If it's relatively close in terms of cost I'll shop local for the convenience or other trade-offs.

I looked at 1010tires for Toyo's for my X5 and factoring in mount/balance/installation for 19'' I may have saved roughly $150-$200 compared with a quote from Urban Expressions. The risk of having to deal with a warranty issue through 1010 or having a rim damaged at a local shop because I was looking for a cheap install to make it economical was not worth it to me.

I'll be at Urban Expressions this afternoon getting my new winters installed :thumbsup:

Glad you had a good buying experience though. Hopefully you never have any warranty issues to deal with.

The_Rural_Juror
10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I have purchased from UrbanX, Tunerworks, 1010tires, and Tirerack.

IMO 1010tires has the least knowledgeable staff that I have ever had to deal with. They didn't even know that there are different shaped lug nuts.

The other three places are a stark contrast, as they have all been a pleasure to deal with.

hampstor
10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Interesting, the tires on my truck are even more expensive on 1010tires ...

Also doesn't "10 10" mean something like idiot or stupid in mandarin?

D. Dub
10-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
IMO 1010tires has the least knowledgeable staff that I have ever had to deal with. They didn't even know that there are different shaped lug nuts.

That's the experience I had with 1010 .

Redlyne_mr2
10-10-2009, 09:56 PM
I dealt with 1010 tires years back before Urban X and STRD got into tires. Worst service ever and ended up getting them cheaper through local shops. Glad to hear you had a good experience. i couldnt be bothered to ever buy tires anywhere but Urban X or STRD. They make the process so easy and I know they won't mess up my $4000 wheels when I have the tires mounted.

max_boost
10-11-2009, 12:44 PM
I just use 1010 tires as a guide to get an approximate price on things. Savings aren't substantial for what I've been looking for.

Tire Rack on the other hand is pretty damn cheap if you can wait two weeks for shipping but I'll always support the local economy first.

ercchry
10-11-2009, 12:50 PM
so from 1010 did they hit you with brokerage charges when they got here?

The_Rural_Juror
10-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

1010 is Canadian so no brokerage. Tirerack has brokerage, but they tell you up front how much it's going to cost.

CivicTunr
10-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Just go to bob at urban expressions.
I just picked up 4 225/40/18s for 740$ total.

Also for a local business to be more expensive, It is because they have it in stock, and have to have a store front.

Cheap people annoy me.

5G_celica
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

Cheap people annoy me.

but yet you signature says"

If you can lend a hand or donate parts or sell parts for cheap let me know!

hahaha

CivicTunr
10-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by 5G_celica

hahaha

Well im looking for used parts, that noone has a use for.
For a project that is just for fun.

Do my regular vehicles have cheap parts? No, i support the local economy and such. (speedtech, autodream, urban expression, etc)

Comparing a junk project to my daily drive lexus is completely different. But nice try.

ercchry
10-11-2009, 02:01 PM
A) you bought nexens not falkens
B) the lexus is a toyota and not here yet

Team_Mclaren
10-11-2009, 02:40 PM

Cheap people annoy me.

BAHAHAHAH

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

D. Dub
10-12-2009, 10:29 AM

Maybe it's because in past experience with a certain local shop/forum sponsor -- they didn't seem to have the time or make the little bit of effort to return phone calls -- because they say they are "too busy" --

Why in the hell would I give my money to a shop that doesn't want my business? Why should I have to make the effort to chase a business to give them my money?!?!?!

94boosted
10-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Just go to bob at urban expressions.
I just picked up 4 225/40/18s for 740$ total.

Also for a local business to be more expensive, It is because they have it in stock, and have to have a store front.

Cheap people annoy me.
That's amazing maybe a different tire but for the type of tire that I was looking for there was nothing for that price.

Lol I wouldn't say I'm cheap I'm simply someone who likes to get the best deal on things that I buy especially when it comes to more expensive things.

No that was the beauty of it only the $40 shipping and nothing else. There is nothing I hate more than buying something from the states and shipping it via UPS and then having to pay brokerage/cod fees at the door.

Originally posted by 5G_celica

hahaha
lol

B) the lexus is a toyota and not here yet
:rofl: ahhahaha

94boosted
10-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Some people are taking my post the wrong way it seems. All my intention was to do was to let the people that didn't know about 1010tires.com know about it. And to share that my personal experience with them left me very satisfied.

:dunno: