PDA

View Full Version : Nice place for a family dinners?

CKY
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Looking for a slightly more upscale restaurant for family dining occasions (like 4-5 people, not the whole family tree gatherings). An example of what I'm looking for would be a recommendation up from your typical Moxie's or Joey's, but still a restaurant with a family friendly atmosphere. Suggestions anybody? All variety of cuisines are welcomed except for Chinese and Vietnamese food.

nonlinear
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
when you say 'family,' does that mean you are looking for something kid-friendly? how old are the kids?

i think it's tough to find 'upscale'/'fine dining' establishments where it's appropriate to bring kids.

with young kids, IMO it's best to stick with the chains (even though the food sucks hole). if they are over 12 or so, then you may have some options.

dj_rice
10-08-2009, 09:42 PM
WTF you got against Chinese and Vietnamese food ash-hole muddabitch

CKY
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
when you say 'family,' does that mean you are looking for something kid-friendly? how old are the kids?

i think it's tough to find 'upscale'/'fine dining' establishments where it's appropriate to bring kids.

with young kids, IMO it's best to stick with the chains (even though the food sucks hole). if they are over 12 or so, then you may have some options.

No there will be children there (12 years old), that's why I'm having so much trouble thinking of a restaurant

Originally posted by dj_rice
WTF you got against Chinese and Vietnamese food ash-hole muddabitch

They aren't upscale, maybe with the exception of one or two Chinese places, but I already know where they are. As of Vietnamese, there just aren't any upscale establishments, plus I eat too much pho to begin with.

muddabitch

dino_martini
10-08-2009, 11:03 PM
The Keg?

Its a chain...but its fairly upscale considering :dunno:

steak :drool: :drool:

ronaldo
10-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Redwater Rustic Grill?

nonlinear
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
if these are mature 12 year olds (i.e. not yelling, crying, jumping all around and being obnixious, etc.), then I don't see why you can't take them to a "real" restaurant.

Weapon_R
10-09-2009, 02:15 PM
Mother tuckers