PDA

View Full Version : Loungeburger

flipstah
10-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Loungeburger
1331 Macleod Trail SE
www.loungeburger.com

Anyone try this place yet? I read the review on Metro and apparently they serve REAL(!) Kobe beef, flown in from Japan.

They also have the 89coupe burger which has Kobe beef, lobster with proscuitto. Only for $40 :rofl:

Nevertheless, I'm gonna try it out tomorrow (hopefully!) and see how it goes. Review away!

97acura
10-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Location?

flipstah
10-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 97acura
Location?

Added.

npham
10-08-2009, 09:56 PM
Menu looks great. I wonder what the pricing is like on the burgers. I'm assuming you get a side or something and a burger for 20 bucks.

Disoblige
10-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Yeah I see this place and its big poster everytime I'm going down Macleod into the city. I hope it's some unique stuff, and it looks pretty good. Choice of types of fries ftw!

Look at the operating hours too, very nice.

npham
10-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Well, since they are a lounge of sorts, it makes sense for them to be open late. I wish I would have heard about this place sooner.

300rwhp
10-08-2009, 10:38 PM
not real kobe

uv1569
10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
been there... had the "Kobe" burger and nope wasnt the real stuff... but as close as u can probobly get in calgary

flipstah
10-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by uv1569
been there... had the "Kobe" burger and nope wasnt the real stuff... but as close as u can probobly get in calgary

Well that's disheartening. I'm sure it'll still be delish though. They also have the 'exotics' like elk or bison. :drool:

I'm gonna be so fat.

clem24
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
No prices on the menu.. Or am I just blind?

And :eek: $40 lounger! I am failing to see how lobster would be good in a burger. Sounds like a big waste of lobster (and wrapped in prosciutto?!?).

I dunno. I prefer my burger American style greasy (aka juicy)/falling apart/simple toasted bun/thick cheddar. But that's just me I guess. Maybe my opinion will change after I try it. :D

flipstah
10-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by clem24
No prices on the menu.. Or am I just blind?

And :eek: $40 lounger! I am failing to see how lobster would be good in a burger. Sounds like a big waste of lobster (and wrapped in prosciutto?!?).

I dunno. I prefer my burger American style greasy (aka juicy)/falling apart/simple toasted bun/thick cheddar. But that's just me I guess. Maybe my opinion will change after I try it. :D

The prices show up when you're there. It's about $20 or so. That place is only awesome after a game/concert/event etc. IMO, it's not worth the drive and their burgers aren't that great. The Kobe beef burger was quite dry for a fatty meat and it was just meh.

Had my hopes up for nothing.

2Valve0
10-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Tried the Kobe burger, won't be going back, it was pretty dry compared to other places.
IMO I like moxies burgers :drool:

Disoblige
10-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Went there, was quite enjoyable. I think I would go there for lunch sometimes, but not for a full course dinner. Here are some quick pics, and a full review if I feel like I have the time for another visit.

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4849/dsc05791u.jpg

The calamari was OKAY, but no special touches at all. I enjoyed it due to a craving but probably won't order again.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/3387/dsc05794.jpg

Elk Burger. I chose it over the Bison and quite enjoyed it. Never had elk before and liked the BBQ and Swiss combo.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7039/dsc05795.jpg

Tiger Shrimp burger my girlfriend had. It was quite good actually, but didn't feel too much for the toppings included. It might be wise to choose your own burger next time! Also, onion rings were very savory, but could use more breading.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/7407/dsc05797.jpg

A dessert "burger" which tastes absolutely horrible. It's "unique" but damn I will not waste another $8.00 on this again.

Overall, the atmosphere was nice and the burgers were pretty good. At least, it was good enough that I will go back and create my own burger that is more to my liking. I also like the idea that there are different types of fries, and I will try their Poutine next time. I think it's a better alternative than Fatburger, which isn't anything special for what you pay.

npham
10-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Well if the "Kobe" is dry, it must be like 10 percent Kobe and the rest ground chuck or something. The last time I had a Kobe steak it melted away in your mouth. Or they can't cook for shit and over cooked it.

jwslam
11-28-2009, 06:31 PM
went for lunch today

food's not anything to get excited about
actually i found my AAA burger kinda dry
BUT it was only six bucks (the 'garlic fries' were 3. they're just reg with garlic salt. i should have figured)

but i like the atmosphere. awesome service. parking is a bitch.

goat_killer
12-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Burgers were better then typical Joeys, Moxies style burgers. But they Onion rings were bomb.

Prices were over priced imo.

cycosis
12-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I had the kobe burger, it was epic! The trick is to order it medium cooked. They'll remind you that they arnt responsible if you get sick but its incredibly tasty

darkkent
12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
went there as well for lunch. food was ok but wouldnt go out of my way to eat there again. did anyone else notice how " odd " it was to use the urinals in the mens washroom ????

cycosis
12-03-2009, 02:17 PM
^ ya man, its fucking dark in there..

JordanEG6
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM
It's really good. Had the Kobe Beef, one of the best I've had, but still have had better IMO, but the onion rings were awesome.

But still kinda of overrated and overpriced though. It's more for the divas who don't like to get their burgers from the "hole-in-the-wall, mom-n-pop" joints. I still prefer the big, sloppy, street vendor style burgers (ie Rockys, Boogies, The Burger Truck etc.) haha.

Criticull
12-07-2009, 02:29 PM
had the tuna burger on friday, it sucked. Bland. Had the lamb burger previously and it was excellent. Waitress failed, there was a table of 10 or 12 of us and she messed up 4 or 5 orders...bad ratio.

ronrey
12-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Kobe beef doesn't need to be flown in, I know a producer just south of Calgary with purebred Wagyu cattle. We usually get a quarter of beef from them from time to time. They make amazing steaks.....:drool: