PDA

View Full Version : Looking for summer tires. Need help!!

CarNewbie
10-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi All,
I'm new to the car world and need some "summer" tires. I know they don't sell tires explicitly listed as summer tires in Canada anymore, but I need them for this function..
Basically, I have winter tires, but my all-season tires are pretty much garbage.
I do very basic driving (within the city, 1000km/month), and am just looking for some cheap tires that will help me out from April-November.
It's probably not worth it to put my winters on yet, and I need all-seasons to sustain me until the real snow hits.

Any recommendations as to where I should get the tires and which ones I should get??

I need this size: 185/65-R15

I drive an 01' Acura EL, so it's quite low to the ground, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you !!:D

FiveFreshFish
10-10-2009, 05:38 PM
You can put the winter tires on now. A couple more weeks either way won't make much difference. This gives you all winter to look for summer tires. It's always good to defer an expense, especially if it's for something you won't use until April.

Give Bob at Urban Expressions a call. Great service and prices.

Meback
10-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Sounds too me like all you need is a new set of all seasons since u need the 185-65-r15's. Go to fountain tire and pick up some goodyear- assurance.

Cooked Rice
10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
This your first winter here or something? LOL. Winters should already be on your car. Do you have a set of winter rims?

CarNewbie
10-10-2009, 08:11 PM
First winter since having my own car..
My parents have generally just bought good all-season tires..
But the guy we bought this car from had winters on them already :P

Thanks for the advice!
Looks like the winters will be going on within the next few days!

Sharpie
10-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
This your first winter here or something? LOL. Winters should already be on your car. Do you have a set of winter rims?
:rofl: Wheres the snow buddy?

rpalm35
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Sharpie

:rofl: Wheres the snow buddy?

I see snow outside..? :dunno:

Plus it doesn't take much for the roads to freeze and become extremely slick, hence the need for winter tires.

OP ---> It's not a bad Idea to put them on now, especially if the choice is between bald all-seasons and your winters.

preludez
10-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by CarNewbie
Hi All,
I'm new to the car world and need some "summer" tires. I know they don't sell tires explicitly listed as summer tires in Canada anymore, but I need them for this function..
Basically, I have winter tires, but my all-season tires are pretty much garbage.
I do very basic driving (within the city, 1000km/month), and am just looking for some cheap tires that will help me out from April-November.
It's probably not worth it to put my winters on yet, and I need all-seasons to sustain me until the real snow hits.

Any recommendations as to where I should get the tires and which ones I should get??

I need this size: 185/65-R15

I drive an 01' Acura EL, so it's quite low to the ground, if that makes any difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you !!:D

ur only person who is looking for summer tires, sound weird to me...

benz_890
10-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by preludez

ur only person who is looking for summer tires, sound weird to me...

His name explains it all