PDA

View Full Version : Michelin ltx at2

Supa Dexta
10-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Anyone have any experience with these tires? Gonna need some new rubber in the next few weeks, and these have come up a couple of times for being great tires for highway use, as well as holding their own for some off road.

FraserB
10-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I havent run those tires specifically but the new Duratracs from GY and the BFG AT's are great

KyleTA
10-10-2009, 11:39 PM
Have the at2's on my 06 ram.... awesome tires!

Supa Dexta
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Got them at harpers yesterday, we'll see how they do.

Supa Dexta
12-16-2009, 03:59 PM
So they haven't been that great.. They aren't really that 'winter friendly'. They are a hard tire, so I expect a ton of milage out of them, which is good, since I drive across the country a couple of times a year.. They were pumped up a bit too hard at first and were reallll snaky on snow pack.. I dropped them 10-12psi and its helped some, but they are still squrilley especially in steering.. Straight line they are fine, seem to brake and accelerate ok.

Atleast I got them cheap, and I've got lots of truck experience so I'm sure I'll be fine to make it to spring and pavement season, where they'll be best fitted.. I thought I'd try these new ones with some of the reviews I saw, but same old story.. Michelin is an on-road truck tire always has been..

hampstor
12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
^

I heard the same thing recently too - apparently the AT2's are worse in the winter than the AT. I'm glad you wrote up on it, I've been looking for an A/T tire and looked into that one.

Supa Dexta
12-16-2009, 05:36 PM
The truck came with Bridgestone Duravis tires, they weren't bad... I ran them for 60k, and I wasn't easy on them.. And as of now I think I had more trust in them in mud and snow.. I'd often go down off the highway last winter to pull people out of the ditches. I'd be leary to try that this year.. Atleast the first time until I know what they can do.

Alak
12-18-2009, 11:20 PM
Michelin makes the on road tires.

BFG - which is owned my michelin - makes the off-road tires.

I had a set of standard LTX's or whatever they were on a ford. I recall them being not too bad. Great tread life.