PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog Near Regina

cmyden
10-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Posting for someone on another forum...

Late Friday night the girl watching my dog was traveling out to Regina when she was involved in a rollover. Apparently her truck hit an ice patch, and she rolled a few times into the ditch.

She's ok (just got out of the hospital) but my dog was in the vehicle. He was fine, but was apparently highly stressed. As soon as the vehicle door was opened he bolted and ran.

The last 2 days a ton of people have been out looking for him, but there has only been one sighting (he was running through a field) so he's out there somewhere. It's getting colder out, but I'm not too worried about that at this point. He's a pretty tough breed of dog.

I know it's a long shot, but if ANYONE is traveling to or from Regina this weekend PLEASE keep an eye out for him on or near the highway. He's a white Jack Russel Terrier, 14" at the withers, and will respond to "Nelson" or to high whistles (he's trained to stop when he hears them). He's extremely friendly, loves people, but might at this point still be spooked.

$500 reward

Thanks everyone.

Matt
(403) 561 7033

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m120/mattirving/Picture031.jpg

RickDaTuner
10-11-2009, 05:02 PM
haha can't you see what direction he's still running off too... Use some Binoculars if that helps.:rofl:

Good luck finding him

adidas
10-11-2009, 06:16 PM
I just saw him running past me on my way to vancouver.

J NRG
10-11-2009, 09:30 PM

cmyden
10-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Good news, dog has been found :)

He was scavenging in a gravel pit when someone that was out looking for him found him. He's hungry, a little tired, but totally fine.

This has restored my faith in humanity. My thanks goes out to small town Pilot Butte and their surrounding people, and all the effort that they put in to find my little man. I was giving up hope, but I CANNOT BELIEVE how much random strangers cared about the plight of some strangers they don't even know. I cannot even BEGIN to describe how thankful I am right now. Offers to put people up for the night over thanksgiving, tireless searches, offers to help, smalltown sasky really is amazing.

This is really one of the best days of my life. I'm on a 12 hour flight to Sydney, Australia this afternoon and I feel like celebrating!!!!!!!

dj_rice
10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
Wow congrats on the happy ending

J NRG
10-11-2009, 11:44 PM

Pollywog
10-11-2009, 11:51 PM
Very happy you found your pooch! Too bad this thread had to start with replies from complete morons making lame Saskatchewan jokes.

RickDaTuner
10-12-2009, 02:25 AM
Awesome to hear that the Dog was found. :thumbsup: