View Full Version : Paranormal Activity

natejj
10-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Anyone heard of this?

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/

Any idea when it might be in Calgary?

gam0s
10-12-2009, 02:14 PM
aiya, it says the theatres will be announced tomorow. till then.

Sharpie
10-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Haha that shit is a joke. I love the tv show when they try and talk to the 'ghosts'

signature7
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM
There's a lot of hype around this movie, and I think a few hundred votes to bring it to Calgary. It's gotten pretty good scores on review sites like imdb and RT, I'd watch it for a good scare.

KO22
10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
i voted for it haha

gam0s
10-14-2009, 04:25 AM
wooo the movie website announced this calgary location.

CPLX SCOTIABANK CHINOOK IMAX 17
6455 MACLEOD TRAIL S.W.
CALGARY AB T2H 0K4

opening on friday the 16th

n1zm0
10-14-2009, 08:26 AM
gaah another first person point of view movie, however ill give this one a chance, hasn't been a good scary/horror movie out for a while now.

slick2404
10-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by gam0s
wooo the movie website announced this calgary location.

CPLX SCOTIABANK CHINOOK IMAX 17
6455 MACLEOD TRAIL S.W.
CALGARY AB T2H 0K4

opening on friday the 16th

ahaha solid, i will give it a shot for sure

pyroza
10-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Sharpie
Haha that shit is a joke. I love the tv show when they try and talk to the 'ghosts'

It's far from a joke. It's a truly scary movie. It's not like your typical Saw gory, bloody movie.

7thgenvic
10-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Looks like SUCH a joke!!!! why didn't i think of this movie! I would love people to pay me to get a Hi def camera and throw on the night vision and throw some sheets! DAMMIT

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-15-2009, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
Looks like SUCH a joke!!!! why didn't i think of this movie! I would love people to pay me to get a Hi def camera and throw on the night vision and throw some sheets! DAMMIT

Prolly gonna be a lot more than that. This looks like a real preview that doesn't show the whole movie in two minutes.

n1zm0
10-15-2009, 10:06 AM
i was just reading into this movie a bit more, it came out 2 years ago, one of those hidden gems like hurt locker i guess that never hit the main screen when i came out, gets 8/10 and 85% on imdb and R-T, kinda makes me want to see it moreso, i can usually trust imdb ratings imo with most movies.

some of the reviews seem to say chicks regularly run out of the theater, i only saw that happen once in my life back in HS lol maybe this will be the 2nd.

403Gemini
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0
i was just reading into this movie a bit more, it came out 2 years ago, one of those hidden gems like hurt locker i guess that never hit the main screen when i came out, gets 8/10 and 85% on imdb and R-T, kinda makes me want to see it moreso, i can usually trust imdb ratings imo with most movies.

some of the reviews seem to say chicks regularly run out of the theater, i only saw that happen once in my life back in HS lol maybe this will be the 2nd.

I saw a girl leave the theatre dry heaving during The Hills Have Eyes where the guy was stuck in the freezer with all of the body parts.

Man I love that movie...

RizenSun
10-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Just came out today... wonder how many people are gonna be watching this

89coupe
10-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Looks as bad as the Blair Witch Project.

D_2K
10-16-2009, 01:41 PM
i saw this last week at a screening here in Vancouver. I must say for a budget of 15K this movie delivers! Very creepy. Worth the cash! Go see it!

TeamBestBud
10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I watched it, it was alright IMO. It was funny at parts as well such as when the psychic comes back but I think if you are skeptical on this kind of stuff you probably wont enjoy it that much.

harv91
10-17-2009, 03:06 AM
watched it today, must say i was disappointed with the film. After watching the trailer i was anticipating the type of horror movie that would at-least make me a bit scared.
This movie failed to do so, there were maybe 2 scenes that made me twitch, but besides that it was kinda wack.
I agree with team best bud, the main character Miika made me laugh many times through out the movie.
For a scary movie it had several funny scenes.

89s1
10-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic

My money is on you being scared and throwing up this act as a defense mechanism. :angel:

gam0s
10-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Lol when katie gets dragged outta her bed, that was messed. Other than that, I expected way more...with the way reviews were grading them. I think the ring/ and shutter made me twitch more.

miika was hilarious

Critical
10-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Every time the camera was filming them sleeping I didn't know what to expect. :nut: It was pretty good, expected more.

Orbie
10-18-2009, 12:38 PM
I thought it was pretty good for such a low budget film. But then again because of that I didn't go in expecting someting earth shattering either.

FullMetal
10-18-2009, 02:12 PM
so is it worth the $12.50 to pay and see it??:poosie:

mac_82
10-18-2009, 03:33 PM
Scariest part was the shaky camerawork.

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-24-2009, 12:49 AM
Nah, when the bitch gets dragged off the bef was pretty scary.
You're sittin there and her leg is in the air... then all of a sudden she is flying down the hall way.
The people played really dumb during the whole thing. They know something fucked up is gonna happen, but the miika guy wont call for any help or anything until it's way to late. Then the psychic guy shows up and leaves right away and they don't think to call someone else?
Duuur I am teh retard.

Sorath
10-24-2009, 11:17 AM
I thought it sucked. Only cause people who didn't see it built up the hype for me for it being the scarriest movie ever.

mdeleon
10-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
I thought it sucked. Only cause people who didn't see it built up the hype for me for it being the scarriest movie ever. ya that's why some of my friends didn't like it. they expected way more. I on the other hand was told it's pretty good for what it is, but don't pay attention to the hy[e the preview delivers. So I enjoyed it

heinz256
10-24-2009, 07:57 PM
this movie is on ninjavideo fyi

TeamBestBud
10-24-2009, 07:59 PM
Yeah go upstairs and hang out with your little friend

:rofl: :rofl:

ReflexFX
10-24-2009, 08:05 PM
It was definitely not as scary as I expected it to be. The only scary part was when the guy flies toward the camera but that was in the trailer anyway so it wasnt like it wasnt expected. I would reccommend this for a rent-at-home movie, but not worth the 12.50 theatre admission.

Freestylin
10-24-2009, 08:27 PM
Lmao, anyone go on the 2nd opening day at Chinook for the 12:05am showing?? I was the one who freaked out the whole theatre by accidentally stepping on someone's plastic tray of nachos making a very loud crack at a dead quiet scene while they were sleeping. :rofl: :rofl: some girls screamed...

SScott
10-25-2009, 12:18 AM
the 2009 release has a different ending than the 2007 release.

If you look online there is a DVD screener of the 07 Release.

I watched it, i thought for the amount of hype it had, that it didn't deliver.

Whoever has seen the 09 release how did it end?

shakalaka
10-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Where can i see the other ending? I watched it couple days ago....the gf was super freaked. I thought it was ok.

BenC
10-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Freestylin
Lmao, anyone go on the 2nd opening day at Chinook for the 12:05am showing?? I was the one who freaked out the whole theatre by accidentally stepping on someone's plastic tray of nachos making a very loud crack at a dead quiet scene while they were sleeping. :rofl: :rofl: some girls screamed...

I was there, I rmb laughing cause people freaked

heinz256
10-25-2009, 04:01 AM
I thought this movie was pretty good considering it was filmed on a $15,000 budget

Dumbass17
10-25-2009, 09:45 AM
yeah i watched it
meh
i expected more

KuruptEX
10-25-2009, 10:13 AM
seriously doesn't the demon have anything better to do, other than standing next to the bed for 3 hr's?

black13
10-25-2009, 01:36 PM
This is the alternate ending shown in earlier screenings.
Major spoiler for those haven't seen the movie yet! I'm not embeding them so they don't spoil anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQwqkkAVGQ

and this the ending now shown in theaters which I thought was the better one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXGMVwfb8sE

SScott
10-25-2009, 02:20 PM
I didn't like the theatrical ending...

Thanks for posting though man

Freestylin
10-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BenC

I was there, I rmb laughing cause people freaked

hahahaha I was like...O..shiett..

BeeGirl
10-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I'll admit after I saw it, I had to turn the hall light on a few nights when I was alone...

but the whole running around the house with the camera made me have to turn away a few times.

urban_chic
10-25-2009, 08:54 PM
i havent been sleeping well for days because of this movie =(

ajooo
10-26-2009, 02:05 AM
wouldve been funny if i heard someone yell KIPRUSOFF during the part she was yelling micah. hahhaa

bubbley
10-26-2009, 10:10 AM
Someone told me this movie costed about 11gz to make and its grossing over 40 mill and counting...good move by the way...

cha ching!

brown_guy
10-26-2009, 02:21 PM
THIS MOVIE SUCKS BIG TIME DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

ClearBluewater
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Good movie imo, not that scary though

swak
10-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by brown_guy
THIS MOVIE SUCKS BIG TIME DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

x2.

Wasn't impressed.

sgt_hawk
10-27-2009, 10:15 PM
its pretty freaky, im watching it on my pc atm

signature7
10-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Did you torrent it? Care to share with me :D

yeahyeah
10-27-2009, 11:45 PM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0AHX612

Excellent quality, but has a different ending from the theatre version, I like this ending better though.

Eleanor
10-28-2009, 12:03 PM
I really liked this movie myself, sure beats the hell out of the big budget Shamalalayen movies.

(and yes i know i spelled his name wrong)

gerrycurl21
10-28-2009, 12:22 PM
What the ending on the leaked version?

yeahyeah
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
***SPOILER***
She gets out of bed, stares at him again for a few hours, walks downstairs and starts screaming, micah runs downstairs and yells WTF, some thumping and it goes quiet. The super heavy foot steps start and it's katie walking up the stairs with a knife and blood on her shirt, she sits down and starts rocking back and forth and does so til like 9pm the next night when her friend comes over and finds micah dead on the ground. The cops come, katie snaps out of the trance and starts walking towards the police with the knife asking what happened and they shoot her to death.

01RedDX
10-28-2009, 07:39 PM

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
10-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by yeahyeah
***SPOILER***
She gets out of bed, stares at him again for a few hours, walks downstairs and starts screaming, micah runs downstairs and yells WTF, some thumping and it goes quiet. The super heavy foot steps start and it's katie walking up the stairs with a knife and blood on her shirt, she sits down and starts rocking back and forth and does so til like 9pm the next night when her friend comes over and finds micah dead on the ground. The cops come, katie snaps out of the trance and starts walking towards the police with the knife asking what happened and they shoot her to death.

WAY better ending

sgt_hawk
10-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Critical
Every time the camera was filming them sleeping I didn't know what to expect. :nut: It was pretty good, expected more.
Yeah that was what always freaked me.

The ending Was fairly lame... The one, i saw that is(theres 2 versions)

I saw the one with the cops

95gtchick
10-29-2009, 06:58 PM
this movie scared the shit out of me. but, i do scare easily. i hardly slept the night after i watched it, no other movie has done that to me.... not cool.

i thought it was pretty decent for the budget though, but it definitely isn't your typical scary movie..

CMW403
11-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

WAY better ending

do u get to see the demon in the other one? i guess i must have downloaded the 2007 version.

mowglee
11-01-2009, 09:37 AM
not scary at all :thumbsdow
Some parts were a little freaky, but I expected more based on what everyone said about it

pf0sh0
11-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by mowglee
not scary at all :thumbsdow
Some parts were a little freaky, but I expected more based on what everyone said about it

theken
11-01-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree that its not super scary. But the actors I think do a good job of making you feel their emotions throughout the movie. Seems like you could almost be there imo.

theken
11-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Just watched alternate ending. Theater version way better

szw
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I thought the original ending was way better than the theatre ending. To me the theatre ending seemed way out of place and was kind of a cheezy cop-out.

Especially how it has that part where Mika goes flying at the camera that everybody saw in the previews. You can't help but anticipate that moment coming and when it happens you're just like FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Splooge
11-06-2009, 12:49 PM
where did you guys watch this alternate ending? i thought they did a pretty good job considering the 11K budget they had to work with.

HyperZell
11-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Ahahahaha look at all the tough guys out there. I was really entertained by this movie although I wasn't all the frightened, but the amount of "this movie sucks and I'm implying that nothing scares me" posts here crack me up.

Awesomely entertaining, and yes, it's got some parts that would freak most people out. The girls I was with were terrified, and even my buddy was pretty shaken up.

And FYI, there are 3 endings - the one in theaters, the original one from 2007 and a one-time-only one where she slits her throat on camera. According to wikipedia, anyways.

Rat Fink
11-08-2009, 02:17 PM

BigMass
11-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Congrats on them for making so much from nothing. I didn't find it scary at all....rather disappointing. The saving grace when I went was there was some gangster wannabe dude sitting behind us. Every "scary" part he'd be getting freaked out and all we'd here is "shit, niggah...look at that shit! holy fuck, fuckin sheets moving on their own! goddamn son, can't even see it to cap its ass!!!" At least it brought some comedy to something that would've been a downer otherwise.

The thing that pisses me off is this whole mass influx of ghost hunter shit. As a co-founder of a paranormal group (founded around 6 years ago) its been really tough trying to line up investigations. Everybody expects some goulish hollywood crap to show up as evidence. When you check out a place and nothing turns up....or stuff you can easily discount as being a normal occurence they think you're full of shit and just one of these bandwagon jumpers that have come around in the past couple years. If you get something interesting like an unusual light phenomenon (not talking orbs as most of them are just bullshit dust reflections, etc....but rather really wierd shapes, etc.) the people are disappointed because they are expecting some crazy looking japanese girl to show up in the pics. The sensationalism brought into all these ghost hunter shows on TV has made the whole thing even worse and its tough to approach an investigation with science and normal reasoning because everyone expecting some demon to flicker lights on and off and sodomize you when you try to run away.

I can't stand all the audio cues put into these shows/movies too. Sounds like a fucking freight train is rolling through the room. aaarrrrgh.

Disappointed

i feel sorry for you man. As a general rule, whenever something hits the main stream it always gets ruined. What did you think the the Ghost Hunters “jacket pull” incident from last year. That must have set your hobby/job back a thousand years heh.

Rat Fink
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM

copynpaste
12-20-2009, 03:01 AM
It wasn't an AWFUL movie, but I wasn't scared and hardly entertained. I was anticipating so much more, not that I know how they could have done it to make it better. I watched the leaked ending, anyone know where i can watch the theatrical one? And apparently theres a 3rd where *SPOLERS* Katie slits her throat in front of the cam.

Btw its comes out on bluray on the 29th, anyone picking it up? This movie felt a lot like Quarentine (though i thought quarentine was better and much creepier).

beecue
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Pretty entertaining movie, watched both endings and theatrical is way better. Also is blair witch any good? I haven't watched that yet.

403Gemini
12-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by beecue
Pretty entertaining movie, watched both endings and theatrical is way better. Also is blair witch any good? I haven't watched that yet.

Poor acting , but it was interesting. A lot of people got into it because of internet hype saying it was "real"

dirtsniffer
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
awful movie, if i wanted to watch to watch someone sleep i would find that site in ask leo about sleeping hotties :thumbsup:
this movie was a wwaaaaste

Toma
12-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Gay.

copynpaste
12-22-2009, 02:53 PM
3rd ending, watch it before it gets taken down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljjS9415-SA