PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Sin Cards

2BLUE
10-13-2009, 01:06 AM
I have been out of canada and all over the place for 9 years here and there and never used my sin card. And now the goverment put a dormant flag on my sin card number. Anyways went there the other day to get it all figured out and what a mess. they put me in a room with 2 investigators and run my credit report, criminal record check, drivers history, and every other thing you could think of. I mean this was crazy. Wanting to take a picture of me, video taped the interwiew and tape recorded it also. Might I add they never asked for my permission for all this info they just did it. I never signed anything or nothing.

Finally I just told them to shove it. And record that! They were complete dicks about the hole thing. I am going to need a lawyer and after calling a lawyer he told me thats normal procedure. I'm not really sure about those goverment guys!!!

What can I do about this? The goverment guy said I can't work intill I get this fixed. Ya right I am a white canadian kid who was born in this country and most of all will work if i want to.

CUG
10-13-2009, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Ya right I am a white canadian kid who was born in this country and most of all will work if i want to. I think they might just have been looking out for you. I don't know to many people who find the ones investigating them to be nice. Go in with a recorder yourself and do it back, make fun of them and put it on youtube..

GQBalla
10-13-2009, 06:37 AM
I have been out of canada and all over the place for 9 years here and there and never used my sin card. And now the goverment put a dormant flag on my sin card number. Anyways went there the other day to get it all figured out and what a mess. they put me in a room with 2 investigators and run my credit report, criminal record check, drivers history, and every other thing you could think of. I mean this was crazy. Wanting to take a picture of me, video taped the interwiew and tape recorded it also. Might I add they never asked for my permission for all this info they just did it. I never signed anything or nothing.

Finally I just told them to shove it. And record that! They were complete dicks about the hole thing. I am going to need a lawyer and after calling a lawyer he told me thats normal procedure. I'm not really sure about those goverment guys!!!

What can I do about this? The goverment guy said I can't work intill I get this fixed. Ya right I am a white canadian kid who was born in this country and most of all will work if i want to.

did you lose your sin card?

Tik-Tok
10-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

did you lose your sin card?

You don't need to, if your SIN hasn't been on any tax returns for 5+ years, they put a "dormant" flag on it, so you can't get a job until you explain why you haven't been paying your taxes (all in the name of safety against terrorists)

GQBalla
10-13-2009, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

You don't need to, if your SIN hasn't been on any tax returns for 5+ years, they put a "dormant" flag on it, so you can't get a job until you explain why you haven't been paying your taxes (all in the name of safety against terrorists)

ohh i get it now.

so 2blue hasn't been doin his taxes?

eblend
10-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

ohh i get it now.

so 2blue hasn't been doin his taxes?

why would he, he is a white canadian guy who doesn't have to if he doesn't want to :angel:

Tik-Tok
10-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by eblend

why would he, he is a white canadian guy who doesn't have to if he doesn't want to :angel:

A freeman on the land, if you will.

GQBalla
10-13-2009, 07:33 AM

i have to do my taxes....sigh...being a chinese canadian....ugh

FiveFreshFish
10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Do you have to give up your Canadian residency status so you can go without filing tax returns?

Spoons
10-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Do you have to give up your Canadian residency status so you can go without filing tax returns?

Well really you only have to file a tax return if you owe the government anything. If you don't, you don't really have to, but it saves the headache if you just do it.

Why didn't you just make an effort on notifying the right people that you are leaving the country for a long time? Sounds like this is more of, "I didn't handle things the right way when I was supposed to and now I am getting fucked over so I will play the blame game."

Hamann
10-13-2009, 04:07 PM

:( I guess I forgot to fill out the standard White Canadian Male paper work :banghead: I still have to pay taxes :cry:

mx73someday
10-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Well really you only have to file a tax return if you owe the government anything.

Or if they ask you to file, even if you didn't earn anything.

Why didn't you just make an effort on notifying the right people that you are leaving the country for a long time? Sounds like this is more of, "I didn't handle things the right way when I was supposed to and now I am getting fucked over so I will play the blame game."

Who do you notify that you're leaving for a long time?

You can still work for contract without a SIN, it just might be difficult to find people to hire you.

Spoons
10-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
Who do you notify that you're leaving for a long time?

I am not to entirely sure. I do know that when my uncle went to India for 5 years, he sent some letter in or did something so they wouldn't put a flag on his SIN card.

CUG
10-14-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Do you have to give up your Canadian residency status so you can go without filing tax returns? This.. :D

2BLUE
12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Well I went in for the second interveiw and man ohh man they asked this that and everything else. They want to know personal information thats none of there business. I don't care who they are.

Does anyone know of any goverment lawyers that can help me with this?

Zero102
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Well I went in for the second interveiw and man ohh man they asked this that and everything else. They want to know personal information thats none of there business. I don't care who they are.

What kind of personal information/questions?

blueToy
12-04-2009, 03:18 PM

Thats ironic , eh ? You want the government lawyers to help you fight the government .

What are you hiding , and its worse now cause you're causing a shit-tide . Now they really want to keep tabs on you . Your best bet is to be upfront to them . They have what you will need as your employment prospects without one is nil , unless you happen to find someone paying cash . maybe you can hang out on cash corner and pick up a few jobs .

2BLUE
12-04-2009, 05:07 PM
The guys are asking about my GF all the places Ive travelled and were talking about they want to know exact dates. I have done nothing wrong so its lawyer time.

l/l/rX
12-04-2009, 05:15 PM
The guys are asking about my GF all the places Ive travelled and were talking about they want to know exact dates. I have done nothing wrong so its lawyer time.

is it really THAT big of a deal? Just flip open your passport and let them figure out all the stamps of ins and outs of all the places you've been to.

Do they ask how big your gf's boobs are? Whether or not if she shaves? Does she like to take it in the ass? Probably not, again is it THAT big of a deal for them to ask a few questions about her? They probably asked, where she works and general questions like that? Doesn't seem like too big of a deal to me.

I think you're overreacting a bit here chief.

yellowsnow
12-04-2009, 05:46 PM
:drama: did they start probing you, body cavity search? you know how this is going to end up. you're going to go crawling back in there, and go through the whole process again.

2BLUE
12-09-2009, 02:04 AM
Got a lawyer.

They changed their tune.

I'm expectiing my card in the mail this week.

I still have no clue why they were being such dicks.

derpderp
12-09-2009, 07:19 AM