PDA

View Full Version : Temperature Gauge not working

xplicit_sir
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
CAR: 2000 Honda Civic SIR 102k

PROBLEM: After leaving the car running for about 10-15min with the heater at full blast, my temp. gauge still does not want to work. I even tried going for a little drive, pushing her a little with no luck. Coolant is topped off, T.stat was replaced few months ago. Thinking about replacing the sensor but wanna find out if there is anything else I may be missing before doing so?

G-ZUS
10-13-2009, 01:37 PM
its either the sensor on the radiator or the gauge itself is FUBAR

Mr_ET
10-13-2009, 01:47 PM
the sensor is not on the rad it's on the cylinder head close to the top rad hose and vtec solenoid.

I would guess that has gone bad as it's very rare those gauges crap out on the cluster.

You are still getting heat in the car right?

G-ZUS
10-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
the sensor is not on the rad it's on the cylinder head close to the top rad hose and vtec solenoid.

I would guess that has gone bad as it's very rare those gauges crap out on the cluster.

You are still getting heat in the car right?

My bad, I thought they were like the older accords. I had to change the sensor it was on the bottom of the radiator

xplicit_sir
10-13-2009, 02:46 PM
yes I'm still getting heat

J NRG
10-14-2009, 11:34 PM

xplicit_sir
10-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by J NRG
ya, wiggle the connection. unplug, replug.. etc..

Could also be at the connection behind the dash.

Heat sensors dont fail that often. Its not a complicated part but they can physically break.

from your post it almost sounds like it works until running for a while. is that what you meant?

Well it's kinda off and on. Most of the time it won't work even if it has been warmed up. but recently the needle started moving after a good warm up, but would start dropping as soon as i start driving.

J NRG
10-15-2009, 01:56 PM