PDA

View Full Version : Live from Lamborghini Factory - Lamborghini Murcilago SV.

automen
10-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Have you ever dreamed of working in the Lamborghini Factory? Or would you be interested to see what it's like inside? Here are some photos of brand new Lamborghini's on the production line.

Photos of Lamborghini Factory here (http://automen.blogspot.com/2009/10/photos-from-lamborghini-factory.html)

Tomaz
10-13-2009, 03:58 PM
yummy...

I'll take one in blue please!:bigpimp:

arian_ma
10-13-2009, 04:26 PM
I like it without that spoiler which the 670-4 versions have. Looks sick!

2EFNFAST
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
It's funny to think that with all that time and effort they put into production, it's a mechanical nightmare at best that I wouldn't trust to drive me across the country :rofl: (then again, I don't exactly trust the cars I build either, so I guess that's not saying much :rofl: )

94boosted
10-13-2009, 05:26 PM
That Test Driver has one of the best jobs in the world next to Jeremy Clarkson lol

Cy2k1
10-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Those were pics taken from the show ultimate factories that aired a week or so again. Pretty nifty episode as they go through the whole building process of the Murcielago SV. You can probably find the torrent online or stream it off some website.

Shlade
10-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
It's funny to think that with all that time and effort they put into production, it's a mechanical nightmare at best that I wouldn't trust to drive me across the country :rofl: (then again, I don't exactly trust the cars I build either, so I guess that's not saying much :rofl: )

dude youve been doing all these good replica builds
whats stopped you from doing a lambo?
youd get more attention in that and your "girls" than that loudly obnoxious cobra lol

2EFNFAST
10-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

dude youve been doing all these good replica builds
whats stopped you from doing a lambo?
youd get more attention in that and your "girls" than that loudly obnoxious cobra lol

Buying a lambo - not interested - anybody with a few bucks can buy/finance one, and I want to drive stuff I understand how it goes together, so if something breaks i can fix it - cars today are just too complex for me (I'm not even a backyard mechanic, heh, so ymmv here)....I like to keep it nice and simple. For example, any overflow of oil, coolant, etc... in my cobra, I don't recirculate or recapture it, I just have a hose running down tot he ground and it pukes out onto the road :thumbsup:

Girls may find the lambo hot, but, eh, who cares, I've had some ask if my corvette was a ferrari :rofl: ..... Put 100k into a quality kit car (by quality I mean a decent frame and body to work off of) and you'll end up with a car that can out-run, out-accelerate, out-handle, basically out-perform any 500k production vehicle (and be cheaper to insure; the only drawback being of course that a production vehicle will be more refined and civil)

Build a lambo replica - I've thought of it (primarily diablo or countach) just because there's no way in hell I'd own an older one (beyond maintenance nightmare). With a replica lambo, you're looking at 100-120k to do a PROPER one (i.e., not a bodykit thrown over a stretched fiero chassis), and at that price, eh, I'd rather do something more unique (like a lola cam-am spyder, 917, etc..)

Tomaz
10-14-2009, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Buying a lambo - not interested - anybody with a few bucks can buy/finance one, and I want to drive stuff I understand how it goes together, so if something breaks i can fix it - cars today are just too complex for me (I'm not even a backyard mechanic, heh, so ymmv here)....I like to keep it nice and simple. For example, any overflow of oil, coolant, etc... in my cobra, I don't recirculate or recapture it, I just have a hose running down tot he ground and it pukes out onto the road :thumbsup:

Girls may find the lambo hot, but, eh, who cares, I've had some ask if my corvette was a ferrari :rofl: ..... Put 100k into a quality kit car (by quality I mean a decent frame and body to work off of) and you'll end up with a car that can out-run, out-accelerate, out-handle, basically out-perform any 500k production vehicle (and be cheaper to insure; the only drawback being of course that a production vehicle will be more refined and civil)

Build a lambo replica - I've thought of it (primarily diablo or countach) just because there's no way in hell I'd own an older one (beyond maintenance nightmare). With a replica lambo, you're looking at 100-120k to do a PROPER one (i.e., not a bodykit thrown over a stretched fiero chassis), and at that price, eh, I'd rather do something more unique (like a lola cam-am spyder, 917, etc..)

A lot of pretty girls = dumb

they dont care, lambos looks nice and scream money! It will be nearly impossible to keep the ladies off of you!

2EFNFAST
10-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

A lot of pretty girls = dumb

they dont care, lambos looks nice and scream money! It will be nearly impossible to keep the ladies off of you!

And my superlite won't? (not mine pictured here; stilllllllll waiting on shipping; looks like i'll be uncrating at -50*, haha)

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww89/efnfast/sprbna.jpg

For a bit over $100k I get a power-to-weight less than 3 (shooting for 750hp/2200lb car fully loaded with fluids, etc..), an engine that should last until the cows come home (built ls<x>), a transaxle that will last even longer (streghtened Ricardo box built by DAB in the UK), and the best part is, if something breaks, I can fix it. For example, fuel pump goes out.

Me - Head down to Mopac; pay $300 for a new A-1000; drain tank, replace A1000; away I go.

LP640 - Head to ????? ; pay $6000-8000; have no clue what the heck was done

Sorry for the hijack o/p :rofl: (and I still can't understand how they can have such a big sexy assembly process and yet have such bad reliability, heh)

wes_v
10-14-2009, 12:35 PM
"Lamborghini test driver. All Lamborghini's are tested on public roads after they are completed."

Probably the best job ever:bigpimp: