PDA

View Full Version : Great Italian Deli's

Bumjubeo
10-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey,

I am looking for a good Italian Deli that has some high quality meats and some really good parmesan cheese.

I was going to go to Francesco's or Dinorosas and check them out but does anyone else have any places they head to when looking for Parm, or good quality Prosciutto.

Thanks!

Ripper
10-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't really have anything to compare it to, but I've always liked the Mercato deli on 4th st.

adidas
10-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Check out...

(not sure of the name, quite possibly Italian supermarket)
Edmonton Trail and 20th ave NE

Scarpones
Close to Mcknight and Deerfoot NE, check online for exact address.

Both places got really decent meat along with other goodies!

FiveFreshFish
10-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Lina's on Centre Street N.

dj_rice
10-13-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure if its still there but there was a good deli inside the mall across from Sir Winston Churchill Highschool, can't remember the name of it as its been at least 7-8 years ago since I visited

frozenrice
10-13-2009, 09:23 PM
I used to go to this place called Il Centro, but it's been ages so I don't know if it's still any good.

Lex350
10-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Lina's on Centre Street N.

THIS

Bumjubeo
10-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the places, I will definetly be checking out Lina's and probably a few others in the same area :)

Thanks!

Strider
10-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by adidas
Scarpones
Close to Mcknight and Deerfoot NE, check online for exact address.

I've heard this place is much cheaper for the same goods as Lina's... haven't checked it out yet though.

You might also try Giuseppe's on 1st St and about 13th Ave SW... will be more expensive than the other two, but they seem to have nice stuff. Try their pizza while you're there.

Tik-Tok
10-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Strider

I've heard this place is much cheaper for the same goods as Lina's... haven't checked it out yet though.

It is. Industrial park has a lot lower rent then center street.
Mmmm, think I'll go there for lunch today :D

teknical
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Cafe Mauro was amazing! It was in the same block as The subway on 2nd and 9th I believe?

They've moved though, not sure where :dunno:

There's also one close to the Drum and Monkey.

Critical
10-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by teknical
Cafe Mauro was amazing! It was in the same block as The subway on 2nd and 9th I believe?

+1 They didn't take debit when I went there, not sure if they changed it.

n1zm0
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
calgary italian bakery , at my old workplace we used to get the 'make your own sandwich' package on weekends, TONS of meat/cheese and of course amazing bread, i havent been there forever but i'm sure the deli is still open, should go there again soon.

bourge73
10-14-2009, 10:39 AM
I beleive that is the same as the Italian Store? If it is they have the same quality as Linas but cheaper prices. Highly recommend the Prosciuto di Parma.

KappaSigma
10-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Linas is VERY expensive compared to Great West (Scarpones).

If your in a pinch downtown, Guiseppes is good as well. Like Linas IMO.

you&me
10-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by teknical

NW corner of 8th street and 10th avenue SW

ExtraSlow
10-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Not exactly what the OP was asking, but for sandwiches, I really like Pepinos in Kensington. It's fantastic.
hey do the tradtional deli stuff as well, but I just buy the sandwiches.

hampstor
10-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
Not exactly what the OP was asking, but for sandwiches, I really like Pepinos in Kensington. It's fantastic.
hey do the tradtional deli stuff as well, but I just buy the sandwiches.

:werd:

I was going to post this place too. The sandwiches ... :drool:

ExtraSlow
03-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Perhaps even further off topic, but :whocares:

Anyone know of good places to get italian sandwiches during evenings or on sundays?
Seems like these places are usually closed at five on weekdays, and not open at all sundays.

Integra10
03-16-2010, 08:39 PM
I really like spolumbo's. There's a long line sometimes around lunch though which sucks. 1308 9th Ave SE
http://www.spolumbos.com/AboutUs/

cancer man
03-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I used to go to this place called Il Centro, but it's been ages so I don't know if it's still any good.

It's now a pizza joint they don't run the deli anymore.