PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 07:57 PM
Here we go again.

http://www.albertacars.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=53163#post53163

lammer
08-24-2002, 08:01 PM
what is up with th ****ing guy always creating heat. and 4wheel you shut his mouth haha.

Fluidic
08-24-2002, 08:05 PM
Fuck the motherfucker up Warren... take him down... piss in his eye... and then rally his ass all the way back into the womb of the baboon bitch that dropped his ass on the cold floor where he lay!

jonny
08-24-2002, 08:15 PM
umm, i was just reading that forum, and angisio is just saying the NSX is overated, and it really is when you think of what cars are either the same price or better. Mmmm, lets see, an NSX, M5, 911, Esprit, or a z06 with money left over. I couldnt tell you which car i would choose, but i could tell you what car i would choose last.

lammer
08-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by jonny
umm, i was just reading that forum, and angisio is just saying the NSX is overated, and it really is when you think of what cars are either the same price or better. Mmmm, lets see, an NSX, M5, 911, Esprit, or a z06 with money left over. I couldnt tell you which car i would choose, but i could tell you what car i would choose last.

it is not overatd. the price for it is what it should be. japanese manufactures don't make high performance cars. and when they do they want the big bucks that is why they want top dollars for an NSX as opposed to M5, compare the M5 prices to other bmw cars...well thats what i think.

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 08:33 PM

I'm not debating whether the NSX is over-rated, I personally think it is. Its more the fact that he is arguing just to start shit, not because he actually has anything to say. He's just trolling, and he isn't even doing it creatively at that. Some day, with enough hammering, he'll get it in his thick skull that euro cars are not the end all, be all of automotive technology.

jonny
08-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by lammer

it is not overatd. the price for it is what it should be. japanese manufactures don't make high performance cars. and when they do they want the big bucks that is why they want top dollars for an NSX as opposed to M5, compare the M5 prices to other bmw cars...well thats what i think.

Just think of what you can buy for that amount of money. The NSX is probably the worst sports car deal there is. If they want the big bucks make the car perform better. The NSX simply cant compete with anything in its own price range, sports car, or other (m5). Around nurburgring the NSX is only 1 second faster then the S2000!

lammer
08-24-2002, 08:37 PM

Just think of what you can buy for that amount of money. The NSX is probably the worst sports car deal there is. If they want the big bucks make the car perform better. The NSX simply cant compete with anything in its own price range, sports car, or other (m5). Around nurburgring the NSX is only 1 second faster then the S2000!

for me 1 second is alot. but with people some will enjoy their money spent on an NSX, even though it won't compete to other cars, its still a big prize in the owners eyes. just my opinion.

jonny
08-24-2002, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

I'm not debating whether the NSX is over-rated, I personally think it is. Its more the fact that he is arguing just to start shit, not because he actually has anything to say. He's just trolling, and he isn't even doing it creatively at that. Some day, with enough hammering, he'll get it in his thick skull that euro cars are not the end all, be all of automotive technology.

Why do you care so much if you agree with him? If he's just stating facts what difference does it make? Not to mention, the whole thread was a question, why would you buy the NSX, then you make fun of him, even though, he proved your point was redundant. He didnt even say euro cars are the be all end all of automotive technology, he just said the NSX is overated. And i'm not sure what you mean by 'trolling.' I have no clue what that means.

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 08:40 PM

Keeping in mind the NSX is now over ten years old, and it hasn't seen a major technology update in all that time. The NSX is still every bit the super car it was, but its not on the bleeding edge any more. Its been surpassed by newer machines using the newest technology.

jonny
08-24-2002, 08:41 PM

for me 1 second is alot. but with people some will enjoy their money spent on an NSX, even though it won't compete to other cars, its still a big prize in the owners eyes. just my opinion.

ya, but is 1 second worth almost $90,000? Pretty much the NSX is good only if its owner preference, but i still dont think i personally would ever get one, should i come in to that sort of money.

lammer
08-24-2002, 08:44 PM

ya, but is 1 second worth almost $90,000? Pretty much the NSX is good only if its owner preference, but i still dont think i personally would ever get one, should i come in to that sort of money.

what are the exact times for them? the s2000 and nsx.

jonny
08-24-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

Keeping in mind the NSX is now over ten years old, and it hasn't seen a major technology update in all that time. The NSX is still every bit the super car it was, but its not on the bleeding edge any more. Its been surpassed by newer machines using the newest technology.
true enough, but why doesnt honda lower the price? We unfortunately arent talking about 10 years ago, we're talking about now, and vtec is amazing, but it doesnt justify $142,000! Theres nothing about that car that makes it *particularily* amazing anymore (for the price). Like you said in albertacars, even the WRX Sti Version 5 is faster and cheaper, and it seats 4!

Honda S 2000 8:39
Acura NSX 8:38
Same driver, NOT on same date though. However, that doesnt totally debunk my theory. My theory is most likely correct. Even if you add 10 seconds onto the s2000 its still a substantially better deal. Are you gonna pay $90,000 for the extra 10 seconds?

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 08:47 PM

what are the exact times for them? the s2000 and nsx.

With the same driver, on the same date. Otherwise your data is bunk.

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 08:49 PM

true enough, but why doesnt honda lower the price?Its still hondas flagship car, and they can charge whatever they please for it. Sales for the NSX have dropped off to almost zero now, because the car is so old. I honestly wonder why honda still makes it. But it doesn't matter. There are still people willing to shell out the cash for an NSX, regardless of what may be faster or cheaper. The NSX was, and still is an amazing track machine and would be a fun car to own if money was no object and I could fill my garage with anything and everything I ever wanted. Its a different driving experience from an M5 or Z06 or WRX STi, and for some people that difference is everything.

jonny
08-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Ya, frankly, if you wanna buy a more exspensive, slower, less refined car go ahead! It would definately be a lot different then driving a sedan, and it would be fun, but i would still take a lot of cars before the overpriced, over rated, NSX. all opinion though right guys?

legendboy
08-24-2002, 09:44 PM
I actualy agree with jonny/Angisio on one point, that for the money, new, the NSX is not a very good deal anymore, thats why on avarage under 5 are sold new per year in canada. But, having drivin one and sold one, they are, in the purest sense of the word, an exotic sports car IMHO. I http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/emlove.gif http://images.zeroforum.com/smile/acura1.gif

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Don't be shy now, everyone jump in on the action. Read down to the bottom of the second page.

5.9 R/T
08-24-2002, 10:50 PM
Why bother insulting him anymore? He's probably gets off on it so why humor him? Almost everthing he says is flawed and can easily be shot down, no need to let him get off on this shit. Being calm and stating facts will probably piss him off way more anyways...

T5_X
08-24-2002, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't buy a new NSX but I would sure as hell buy a used one!!!

The NSX has a reputation as being the most reliable exotic ever built. They are very good cars to buy used.

Remember, they are a true exotic. They are assembled by hand. I would love to own an early model. At the time, it was an extremely advanced car and even though now its only slightly quicker than a WRX, mustang GT or 350Z, it would be such a blast to drive.

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Why bother insulting him anymore? He's probably gets off on it so why humor him? Almost everthing he says is flawed and can easily be shot down, no need to let him get off on this shit. Being calm and stating facts will probably piss him off way more anyways...

Thats the problem with arguing with stupid people, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Unfortunately, all the facts in the world won't change his mind, he's dead set on BMW being the pinnacle of automotive technology on this planet, and nothing you can say or do is going to change his mind. We've had this same circle jerk argument several times before, once resulting in him getting banned here, and his other thread in the same vein got closed on abcars. This is only going to end the same way anyways, so why not flex my creative muscle and really pull out all the stops. Whats the worst that can happen, they ban me. Big deal, at least I won't have to be exposed to his gaping void of stupidity any longer :D

5.9 R/T
08-24-2002, 11:00 PM
LOL good point. Maybe I'll go back and edit in some 'creative' insults! :rofl:

jonny
08-24-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
I wouldn't buy a new NSX but I would sure as hell buy a used one!!!

The NSX has a reputation as being the most reliable exotic ever built. They are very good cars to buy used.

Remember, they are a true exotic. They are assembled by hand. I would love to own an early model. At the time, it was an extremely advanced car and even though now its only slightly quicker than a WRX, mustang GT or 350Z, it would be such a blast to drive.

Oh for sure its faster. But for a new one, it costs $100,000 more! I dont really know what the used prices on an NSX are though.

5.9 R/T
08-24-2002, 11:10 PM
Edit: Changed my mind...

4wheeldrift
08-24-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
There ya go 4wheel. I dedicate this thread to you!

http://www.albertacars.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4404

Outstanding my young padawan :) You are finally ready to leave the temple and become a full Jedi Insult Knight :D

Yellow_Fly_Red
08-25-2002, 01:39 PM
hmmm... some interesting track numbers:
January 2001 Road & Track
Track numbers are from IMSA Champion Steve Millen
Thunderhill Park 15-turn, 2.87 mile road course
in Willows, California

BMW Z3M 2min, 17.29 sec (240 hp model, not 315 hp)
BMW Z8 2min, 13.30sec
Camaro SS 2min, 16.46 sec
Vette Z06 2min, 8.39sec (older model with 385 hp, not 405hp)
360 Modena 2min, 7.65sec
550 Maranello 2min, 9.25sec
Honda S2000 2min, 17.66sec
Acura NSX 2min, 14.15sec
SLK320 2min, 20.87sec
SL500 2min, 16.05sec (old model, boxy looking one)
Boxter S 2min, 17.46sec
911 Turbo 2min, 10.73sec

hahaha.. the 550 Maranello is sooooooo much more expensive than the 360 Modena and it posts slower lap times.... does that mean the 360 is a much much better car than the 550???

Since I've driven a S2000, NSX ('91 model), 97 Supra TT, and 2001 Porsche 911 C2

I totally prefer the NSX over the S2000 and the Supra TT. The Supra feels so much faster on during acceleration but the NSX drives sooooo nice.
S2000 - too loud, too much road noise, to bumpy (suspension is too stiff) - I am just probably too old for the S2000. It would make a hell of a track car though... fun.
Supra TT is close to the NSX but feels a bit bigger and not as connected to the road.

You guys gotta take the NSX out and drive it for a few days to understand what I am talking about.

A used 91-92 NSX goes for about 40-50G... and I think that a good price for it.... and if you can afford the maintenance costs (they are Expensive).. I think they are a good buy.

If I had the ca$h to spend on a sports car in the $100-$150K range, I would get the new Porsche 911 C2 baby...!!!
This baby's acceleration feels faster than the Supra TT and drives as nice (maybe even nicer) as the NSX..... smooth and quite for a sports car..!!!

yeah.... these are my OPINIONS only.......
:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
08-25-2002, 04:45 PM
i actually have that same issue. The only flaw with the numbers is that there was a different driver for each car. But it still shows you the basic idea of what those cars should/could run.

jonny
08-25-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Yellow_Fly_Red

A used 91-92 NSX goes for about 40-50G... and I think that a good price for it.... and if you can afford the maintenance costs (they are Expensive).. I think they are a good buy.

If I had the ca$h to spend on a sports car in the $100-$150K range, I would get the new Porsche 911 C2 baby...!!!
This baby's acceleration feels faster than the Supra TT and drives as nice (maybe even nicer) as the NSX..... smooth and quite for a sports car..!!!

yeah.... these are my OPINIONS only.......
:thumbsup:

Ya, I would go for a 911 way before a NSX as well. Used NSXs arent that great of a deal though. For $40,000-$50,000 you could get a used mid 80's 911 turbo, or for $80,000 a used Lotus Esprit. I know $30,000 is a big difference, but I bet if you looked hard enough you could find a bit older one thats a bit closer to $50,000.

Toms-Celica
08-25-2002, 07:44 PM
:rolleyes:

sexualbanana
08-26-2002, 12:55 AM
after about the 3rd page i completely forgot what i was reading about

Ben
08-26-2002, 01:19 AM
I'm at the virge of giving up...like warren said, nothing you can say or do will change his mind.

We all agreed that the NSX is maybe not the best bang out there, butthe arguement is more based on what it is being compared to and how bloody arrogant and closed minded that clown is.

Just when Abcars was attracting more people back, this shit happens and people leave...including me.:rolleyes:

driven
08-26-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Benny
I'm at the virge of giving up...like warren said, nothing you can say or do will change his mind.

We all agreed that the NSX is maybe not the best bang out there, butthe arguement is more based on what it is being compared to and how bloody arrogant and closed minded that clown is.

Just when Abcars was attracting more people back, this shit happens and people leave...including me.:rolleyes:

that makes no sense why would YOU leave because of a stupid poster.. this site has lots of them, but ure still here? makes no sense

Ben
08-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by driven

that makes no sense why would YOU leave because of a stupid poster.. this site has lots of them, but ure still here? makes no sense

Cause on this site, they only last on average 18 to 12 hours before they get the well deserving boot. So now he has trolled over to Albertacars, and is impossible to change his iron clad opinion on what sucks and what doesn't.

Opinions and magazines are what he bases his info on and in many cases are skiwed and incorrect due two his love of comparing two completely different things and calling that proof.

Over-more he has a buddy on there with the same dumb basis for reasoning.

Like, How old are those clowns?

My thoughts are already well known on that charactor, but what can I do about it when he verbaly bashes our featured car members ride, before anyone said anything to him negative whatsoever. Nothing.

On his basis, if we dont all drive M5's or Porsches, our cars have no purpose and we should never have bought them because they are not as good on paper.

Does that mean we can all afford top of the line cars all the time? He kept explaining that we should have done our featured car on a Z8, and that Gavins sivic sucks in comparison and should never have been used. "Originally posted by Angisio - Instead of featuring crappy cars, you guys should feature good cars. Just an idea. Angisio". Then he has the nerve to try to appoligise when he finds out whos car it is, but really he is only saying sorry just because...he will never like gavins car wven iff he put an M3 motor into it, but then he would cut him down by saying why didn't you just buy an M3, there is no appreciation of work accomplished from him. "Originally posted by Angisio - Sorry bout that sexbanna, didn't realize it was your car, it looked like a standard, run of the mill Honda Civic. So I wondered why they didn't feature a sweet car like an M3, or a mercedes SL." It was when he had the nerve to cut down 5.9 and myself on trucks that really pissed me off...no one has the rite to insult the truck I had, and when he said there is no such thing as having a nice truck, and that He thinks its sad that we were proud of owning a truck. How dare he...all the money I spent into that gone in a second with not a penny return...fuck that bullshit.

Y'know, I dont know why I bother arguing this...it is really pointless, I dont know what his name is on this site now, and I dont care, but Angisio on Abcars needs to give that head of his a shake and realize there is a hell of alot more to cars than just numbers. Its the repetition of this over and over on albertacars withough enforcement that makes me upset. He will never change, and things will never change, so I guess I will just have to live with the fact that everyone keeps telling me to do something about it, and I cant...which is okay, I'm damn used to that...

Ben
08-26-2002, 10:27 AM
And damn warren, I'm surprised you have stuck arround that long...you must be so aggravated with the fact that you can prove someone wrong on so many facets, and yet they cannot concieve that notion that they might be wrong....props to you man...

GTS Jeff
08-26-2002, 05:59 PM
benny that brings a tear to my eye...hold me man!!

Tha_Shot_Caller
08-26-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey hey:banghead:

ManHunter
08-27-2002, 12:48 AM
Too bad people can't be banned based on IP addresses.

MH

kenny
08-27-2002, 01:17 AM
People *CAN* be banned based on IP addresses, but of course, there is always a way around it. Perhaps that is why the administrators of the other car forum are not banning? :dunno:

Ben
08-29-2002, 04:03 PM
I just told it to him like it is.

Poor Warren...his knowledge and experience are no match for his stubborness and disrespect.

legendboy
08-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Allow membership only with valid email, no hotmail or yahoo or any anonymous emails. Once u ban the email and ip together it makes it very hard for anybody banned to rejoin.

Ben
08-29-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
Allow membership only with valid email, no hotmail or yahoo or any anonymous emails. Once u ban the email and ip together it makes it very hard for anybody banned to rejoin.

Although I only use remote accounts so that my real ones dont get flooded with spam...I just re route the messages...

Alot of people use webmail...so thats the difficult aspect.

G
08-29-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by kenny
People *CAN* be banned based on IP addresses, but of course, there is always a way around it. Perhaps that is why the administrators of the other car forum are not banning? :dunno:

I am banned from the other board :rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
08-29-2002, 05:21 PM
Shoobs,Bam, Cal, raab, civiLVR and who know what other names he'll coem up with are all rpime examples of someone who just doesnt get the message

Ben
08-29-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Shoobs,Bam, Cal, raab, civiLVR and who know what other names he'll coem up with are all rpime examples of someone who just doesnt get the message

:rofl: :rofl: hahahaha:rofl: :rofl:

gpomp
08-29-2002, 05:54 PM

Or maybe they just don't care.

Ben
08-29-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Or maybe they just don't care.

Some people I have decided could care less what other people think of them because they have the shelter of the internet. No need to look someone in the eye, or fear severe beatings...they can then come to meets and introduce themselves as a member than never posts, whom browses anonymously and clear themselves, but then go back to thier tirade!

Fortunatly this board has extremely active moderators that dont let shit fly to high into the ceiling fan...

Threads and posts are deleted or moved to private and offending members are banned or diciplined!:clap:

jonny
08-29-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Who was Shoobs?

max_boost
08-29-2002, 10:39 PM
just don't let those guy's remarks get to you...let them be ignorant...all they are looking for is to stir up a flame war...just ignore them and they'll eventually go away :)

jonny
08-29-2002, 11:27 PM
are you talkin to me?

infamous
08-29-2002, 11:35 PM
hahaha for the price of an nsx i would have an evo VII imported....

Ben
08-30-2002, 12:35 AM
meah, I have had enough of the childish games, and the "Gangsta hardcore y0s!"

not my problem anymore.

Ben
08-30-2002, 02:11 AM
I recommend that this thread be deleted...and to not have any more albertacars.net drama to haunt this forum anymore. I too agree not to bring it up.

lammer
08-30-2002, 02:16 AM
wait if oyu have it only so that NO hotmail accounts sign up i wouldn't be able to be here. I have shaw@home but i don't know how to set up their mail and i don't want to waste alot of time trying t find out!!

Redlyne_mr2
08-30-2002, 09:47 AM
wait if oyu have it only so that NO hotmail accounts sign up i wouldn't be able to be here. I have shaw@home but i don't know how to set up their mail and i don't want to waste alot of time trying t find out!!
that one kid must have like 15 different email accounts ..damn

rage2
08-30-2002, 10:13 AM
request granted.