PDA

View Full Version : Remote Starter BS

masoncgy
10-14-2009, 09:55 AM
So... the remote starter in my Avalanche is misfunctioning and I have no idea why. It worked perfectly last winter... never any issues at all.

However, here's the deal. The factory deck gave up the ghost a couple months ago, and I have since replaced it with an aftermarket deck, installed with both the wiring harness and door chime module that were recommended.

Would my issues have something to do with the change to the aftermarket deck? It would seem that those factory GM decks serve more than one function (ie: the need for the door chime module)... but I am stumped.

Tips? Advice? Recommendations? :)

core_upt
10-14-2009, 10:19 AM
If I were to guess, the remote start may just need a simple readjustment for the new door chime module. Take it back to whom installed it and they should be able to fix it no problems.

Thaco
10-14-2009, 11:33 AM
yeah, the factory deck in newer vehicles ahve a security thing in them that sometimes prevents stuff from working properly if they're replaced, call the place that installed it and ask them.

futurecivic
10-14-2009, 10:04 PM
replacing the deck has absolutly nothing to do with your starter not working if you are free swing it by visions in crowfoot and i will have a look at it for you
Barry

schmooot
10-15-2009, 08:58 AM
remote starters are always buggy....I've never had one work perfectly more more than one season. Maybe I'm just using cheap crap but I hae yet to hear of a really reliable brand

Thaco
10-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by schmooot
remote starters are always buggy....I've never had one work perfectly more more than one season. Maybe I'm just using cheap crap but I hae yet to hear of a really reliable brand

i used compustar in my last 3 vehicles and rarely have issues with mine.