PDA

View Full Version : Tire Shaving

~Touge/Wangan-
10-14-2009, 12:29 PM
hey,

i'm looking for a place in calgary that does tire shaving, basically when one tire is too tall, to bring the wear down to that of the other tires....

any idea's?, i need to find a place asap....

dirtsniffer
10-14-2009, 12:41 PM
find a car without a lsd. and buuurrn away

~Touge/Wangan-
10-14-2009, 12:50 PM
if worse comes to worse i just might hahaha....

but in all seriousness, anyone know of a place?...

:dunno:

Freebs
10-14-2009, 01:07 PM
It is only going to be a major difference front to back and for that why don’t you just rotate the tires? Or if you are running a staged set up how are you burning out one tire more than the other enough to have to shave one tire? Unless something is wrong on your car but I still can’t see how you could be having this issue to the point of needing to shave a tire down?

rpalm35
10-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Freebs
... I still can’t see how you could be having this issue to the point of needing to shave a tire down?

In my pathfinder a few years ago I got a non re-patchable flat tire so I needed to swap it for my full size spare.

However, all my tires were at 50% and my spare was at 100%, and in snow like this it can be dangerous to drive on, regardless where it is located on the vehicle (front, or back). My mechanic said to either get four brand new tires ($$$) or to get the spare shaved. Needless to say I got it shaved.

For the life of me, I cannot remember where it was done though. If it comes back to me, I will let you know asap OP.

Freebs
10-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by rpalm35

In my pathfinder a few years ago I got a non re-patchable flat tire so I needed to swap it for my full size spare.

However, all my tires were at 50% and my spare was at 100%, and in snow like this it can be dangerous to drive on, regardless where it is located on the vehicle (front, or back). My mechanic said to either get four brand new tires ($$$) or to get the spare shaved. Needless to say I got it shaved.

For the life of me, I cannot remember where it was done though. If it comes back to me, I will let you know asap OP.

I can understand that situation which could be why ~Touge/Wangan needs this done.. But if the tires were all bought at the same time, or at least the sets (both fronts or both rears) you should not need to do this. Unless of course you are running an open diff. and get the 1 wheel spin but in this case I believe he has an LSD. So unless it is broken you should not be having any issue…

bspot
10-14-2009, 03:52 PM
^If you're running AWD you can roast your centre diff