PDA

View Full Version : Suncor sues hippies

Masked Bandit
10-14-2009, 04:09 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/edmonton/story/2009/10/14/edmonton-greenpeace-suncor-lawsuit.html

ercchry
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
hope they win :thumbsup:

almerick
10-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
hope they win :thumbsup:

+1..................million

cycosis
10-14-2009, 04:27 PM
agreed, damn hippies

Masked Bandit
10-14-2009, 04:28 PM
I don't side with Suncor because they are against the "hippies". I'm against Greenpeace because they went in and disrupted a lawfully operating business.

TKRIS
10-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Sueing them for what?
A well worn pair of Birkenstock's, a hemp hat, and the complete discography of Phish?

BrknFngrs
10-14-2009, 04:38 PM
:thumbsup: to Suncor. If greenpeace wants to be a nuissance it should cost them something.

Masked Bandit
10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
Sueing them for what?
A well worn pair of Birkenstock's, a hemp hat, and the complete discography of Phish?

lol......

Seriously though, I would guess an organization the size of Greenpeace probably has a decent amount of financial resources.

Strider
10-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
I don't side with Suncor because they are against the "hippies". I'm against Greenpeace because they went in and disrupted a lawfully operating business.

Agreed.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

lol......
Seriously though, I would guess an organization the size of Greenpeace probably has a decent amount of financial resources.

I hope they sue each individual personally and put each and every one of them into bankruptcy.

Super_Geo
10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Fuck suing Greenpeace... even if they have to pay all of the $1.5M, they're still getting a shitload of publicity and can walk away saying that it was money well spent.

I would lean towards forced 'community service' at the upgraders. Throw these hippy fuckers into a pair of covies and get them doing manual labour (digging swamping, clean-up and other shit work). Haha I think that would be the most poetic justice possible: making them actually contribute to the construction and operation of an oil sands project.

It would be like raping their soul :love:

kertejud2
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
Sueing them for what?

I don't think they can sue for Phish, because you can't like, own music, man!

FiveFreshFish
10-14-2009, 05:38 PM
That didn't take long.

msommers
10-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Fuck suing Greenpeace... even if they have to pay all of the $1.5M, they're still getting a shitload of publicity and can walk away saying that it was money well spent.

I would lean towards forced 'community service' at the upgraders. Throw these hippy fuckers into a pair of covies and get them doing manual labour (digging swamping, clean-up and other shit work). Haha I think that would be the most poetic justice possible: making them actually contribute to the construction and operation of an oil sands project.

Please sign up for a think-tank position pronto

Masked Bandit
10-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

You should be a judge.

Sugarphreak
10-14-2009, 08:25 PM

Toma
10-14-2009, 11:22 PM
I give GreenPeace $25 a month :thumbsup:

CUG
10-14-2009, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I give GreenPeace $25 a month :thumbsup: ..and you probably give the oil companies at least $200 :thumbsup:

Sugarphreak
10-15-2009, 08:57 AM

CUG
10-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Not in his line of business! They use so much fuel that Toma is probably responsible for my entire wage!! ;)

Sadly on a more serious note if Greenpeace has their way there would not be any V8's anymore.... giving them money is kind of like tipping the executioner before he chops of your head. Well hey, not everyone can make that connection :poosie:

InRich
10-15-2009, 03:10 PM
If you think about it, what if one of those protesters actually got hurt... or contractors? I bet a million bucks if one of the hippies got hurt, they would sue suncor for hundreds of thousands. and I bet suncor would lose too if that actually happened.

FraserB
10-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Cant they just lose them in a tailings pond?:dunno:

Ghearraidh
10-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeay Suncor! Booo Greenpeace!

I'm a firm believer in property rights ... I'm sure GP would be up in arms if 'The Man' ever 'trespassed' on their property. While they probably don't garner much sympathy locally, I wonder how they've been received globally (I tend to see this stories much in the same light as South Park, where Butters tries to bring down chaos to the world by switching soups at the local diner).

Oh well ... life goes on.

P_D
10-18-2009, 12:32 PM
FUCK I HATE HIPPIES

Sharpie
10-18-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by P_D
FUCK I HATE HIPPIES
:werd: Suncor is going to have to start playing Slayer over the intercom to keep the hippies away