PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Parking Only...

Pages : [1] 2

TorqueDog
10-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Apparently these are starting to pop-up at malls across the country right beside the handi-capped and expecting mother stalls - complete with green lines. Evidently, hybrids use less energy when they're parked, too. :rolleyes:
http://www.holamun2.com/files/images/attachments/2008/04/hybrid-parking.jpg

What can you do to stop this stupidity?

This:
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z53/varty_yo/P1040500.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z53/varty_yo/P1040502.jpg

:rofl:

vengie
10-14-2009, 04:48 PM
:facepalm: :facepalm:

Eleanor
10-14-2009, 04:50 PM
there's a battery on it, that makes it a hybrid in my eyes :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-14-2009, 04:53 PM
:facepalm: What are they going to do if a non-hybrid parks there? Tow em? Ticket them?

98type_r
10-14-2009, 04:58 PM
They'll just throw them down and leave it open to the honor system. Do they really police the expectant mother stalls at the mall? I doubt it

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-14-2009, 04:59 PM
How much energy was wasted by making those stupid signs also?

TorqueDog
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
For the Hummer driver, we have these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H3-H2-Hummer-Hybrid-Chrome-Decal_W0QQitemZ280408786522QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4149aa865a

illtim3d
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
How much energy was wasted by making those stupid signs also?

thats what i was thinking

Diocletian
10-14-2009, 05:08 PM
While one could argue that there are many cars on the road that are at least as efficient as a hybrid in the overall picture, I think programs like this aren't necessarily a bad thing due to the fact that they raise awareness to efficiency.

TorqueDog
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Diocletian
While one could argue that there are many cars on the road that are at least as efficient as a hybrid in the overall picture, I think programs like this aren't necessarily a bad thing due to the fact that they raise awareness to efficiency. Yeah, because we aren't already peppered by it on TV, in newspapers, sign posts, billboards and fliers....

Tik-Tok
10-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
For the Hummer driver, we have these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H3-H2-Hummer-Hybrid-Chrome-Decal_W0QQitemZ280408786522QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4149aa865a

Screw that, just get a Prius shell for your Hummer. It'll actually get worse mileage.

http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/prisu.jpg

2EFNFAST
10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by 98type_r
They'll just throw them down and leave it open to the honor system. Do they really police the expectant mother stalls at the mall? I doubt it

The only problem is nutjobs out there who will get offended and key your car if you park there and it isn't a hybrid .... self-policing at its finest :facepalm:

BerserkerCatSplat
10-14-2009, 07:35 PM
"Sure it's a hybrid. It burns gas and 5W-30."

Kloubek
10-14-2009, 07:53 PM
What the hell is the point? I mean - is someone actually going to choose a hybrid because they MIGHT get one of the very few Hybrid spots around town? Come on...

Tik-Tok
10-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

The only problem is nutjobs out there who will get offended and key your car if you park there and it isn't a hybrid .... self-policing at its finest :facepalm:

Do you think a hybrid owner is the type to key a car?

TorqueDog
10-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Do you think a hybrid owner is the type to key a car? You'd be fucking amazed.

rawsensation
10-14-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
there's a battery on it, that makes it a hybrid in my eyes :rofl:

FraserB
10-15-2009, 12:45 AM
I like the fact that none of this type of spot is actually enforceable. "Expectant mother", "families with kids" and "hybrids or high MPG vehicle" parking is not covered under bylaw or parking rules and there is zero consequence for parking there.

2EFNFAST
10-15-2009, 01:03 AM

YES!

funkedelic2
10-15-2009, 02:11 AM
hahaha i already park in the expectant mother parking, just another space i can abuse now.

alloroc
10-15-2009, 08:26 AM

Or chain themselves to a tree

Or blow up an oil well

... yes

hampstor
10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
I can see lots of people driving trucks abusing it just to spite the hybrid owners. :angel:

TorqueDog
10-15-2009, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
hahaha i already park in the expectant mother parking, just another space i can abuse now. Please sell your BMW - that's a douchebag move. Handicapped spots and expectant mother parking are there for a reason - issues with mobility.

But abuse the hybrid spots all you want.

scat19
10-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Please sell your BMW - that's a douchebag move. Handicapped spots and expectant mother parking are there for a reason - issues with mobility.

:werd:

luxor
10-15-2009, 10:33 AM
hahaha i already park in the expectant mother parking, just another space i can abuse now.

:facepalm:

And people wonder why they got their car keyed.

I'm not surprised by some redneck who owns a lifted truck pulling such a pathetic move. To come to think of it, why is there always three of more lifted trucks in front of Twisted Element (gay bar/club) every time I drive pass there? Do fags drive lifted trucks? I guess it would make sense that they can blow each other off anytime in the truck without anyone being able to see them doing it.

Trini
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Please sell your BMW - that's a douchebag move. Handicapped spots and expectant mother parking are there for a reason - issues with mobility.

beyond_ban
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM

MMMmmm a nice dose of BM-Douchery in the morning.

ZorroAMG
10-15-2009, 11:03 AM
Expectant mother spots = :facepalm: but I'm not douchey enough to park in them.

beyond_ban
10-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Expectant mother spots = :facepalm: but I'm not douchey enough to park in them.

I bet if you were ZorroM3 you would be all over those expectant mother spots like fail on Evil Lancer.

cycosis
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
^you were almost funy. These spots are ridiculous, until you need a permit such as handicap parking, there good enough for anycar in my opinion. Permit = respect to not park. No permit = open parking.

cr-xbrian
10-15-2009, 11:26 AM
ikea has one

3g4u
10-15-2009, 04:59 PM

whiskas
10-15-2009, 05:29 PM
I park my car in hybrid parking all the time because my engine is driven by an electric motor for the first fraction of a second that I start the car.

http://imgur.com/dZvGk.jpg

94boosted
10-15-2009, 05:48 PM
^:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Priceless

spikerS
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by luxor

And people wonder why they got their car keyed.

I'm not surprised by some redneck who owns a lifted truck pulling such a pathetic move. To come to think of it, why is there always three of more lifted trucks in front of Twisted Element (gay bar/club) every time I drive pass there? Do fags drive lifted trucks? I guess it would make sense that they can blow each other off anytime in the truck without anyone being able to see them doing it.

is that the same reason you tint your front windows?:facepalm:

funkedelic2
10-15-2009, 06:18 PM

Haha omg people :cry: i love how everyone jumped on the morale bandwagon with that comment. First off i never said that i park in handicap spots. I park in expectant mother parking when theres like 3 and i have done it maybe a few times. Don't tell me nobody has ever done it before.

Usually i park as far back in a parking lot as i can because ive had door dings on previous cars and trying to keep a good track record on this one. ..

TorqueDog
10-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Haha omg people :cry: i love how everyone jumped on the morale bandwagon with that comment. First off i never said that i park in handicap spots. I park in expectant mother parking when theres like 3 and i have done it maybe a few times. Don't tell me nobody has ever done it before.

Usually i park as far back in a parking lot as i can because ive had door dings on previous cars and trying to keep a good track record on this one. .. When your boyfriend knocks you up, please, park in the "Expectant Mother" spots all you want.

No one said you parked in handicapped spots, I was drawing a parallel between the reasoning behind them - they're for people with limited mobility. There's a legit reason for them.

It's about courtesy, not morals.

cycosis
10-15-2009, 11:51 PM
^Have you ever seen those spots filled with expectant mothers? No, they're always empty.

TomcoPDR
10-16-2009, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST

Then they'll hurt the environment more by a bodyshop repainting what they keyed.

luxor
10-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by spikers

is that the same reason you tint your front windows?:facepalm:

My front windows aren't tinted you idiot. But the windows on those lifted trucks are also tinted, what a surprise. You're probably one of those lifted truck owners you flaming homosexual, thanks for coming out.

:thumbsdow

Danny Meehan
10-16-2009, 12:24 AM
http://www.holamun2.com/files/images/attachments/2008/04/hybrid-parking.jpg
It will take even longer to park my 13 L / 100 premium gas vehicle when going to the mall. It will cost me more to drive, thus it will hurt the planet even more.|

Treehugger mentality missed once again the repercussions of the bigger picture.

funkedelic2
10-16-2009, 12:44 AM
When your boyfriend knocks you up, please, park in the "Expectant Mother" spots all you want.

No one said you parked in handicapped spots, I was drawing a parallel between the reasoning behind them - they're for people with limited mobility. There's a legit reason for them.

It's about courtesy, not morals.

Did your boyfriend dump you? Seems like it the way you like to argue so much. Limited mobility? More like convenience. I understand the logic behind Handicapped parking but did you know exercising can help keep an expectant mother and her baby healthy during pregnancy by improving her circulation, digestion, mobility and flexibility Some studies even suggest that exercising throughout pregnancy may result in an easier labor and birth, faster postpartum recovery and quicker return to pre-pregnancy weight, not to mention a better self-image during and after pregnancy.

So what's the best exercise for expectant mothers? The handsdown winner is walking. Makes me not feel like such a prick if she has to walk 10 more feet to get to her car from Walmart.

Sure i can see its not nice to take up the spots once in a while but really, worth getting your panties in a bunch over?

SCHIDER23
10-16-2009, 12:44 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

narou
10-16-2009, 12:53 AM
^
Gold

bignerd
10-16-2009, 12:57 AM
I find the preggo spots a bit annoying too, they are pregnant, not disabled. If they can't handle the walk from the parking lot into the mall what the hell are they doing at the mall (don't you just walk around anyhow??)??

yue
10-16-2009, 01:14 AM
FS: hybrid badges

these badges come in a variety of styles and I can even make them match the font of the oem badges!

-no more people questioning you about the legitimency of your hybrid driving claims
-let the world know you give 2 shits about the current environmental fad
-rub it in your neighbor's face that your car emits less greenhouse gases and has 300+hp!
-not to mention, no more pussies keying your car because you parked in 'their' spot

just like how adding flame decals make your car go faster; these hybrid badges allow your vehicle consume less fuel

ORDER YOURS TODAY!!!

TorqueDog
10-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by cycosis
^Have you ever seen those spots filled with expectant mothers? No, they're always empty. 1. Actually, I have on several occasions.
2. That's not the point - should you go park in a handi-capped spot just because it's empty? Or do you think maybe thinking of someone besides yourself for a change is in order?

Did your boyfriend dump you? Seems like it the way you like to argue so much. Limited mobility? More like convenience. I understand the logic behind Handicapped parking but did you know exercising can help keep an expectant mother and her baby healthy during pregnancy by improving her circulation, digestion, mobility and flexibility Some studies even suggest that exercising throughout pregnancy may result in an easier labor and birth, faster postpartum recovery and quicker return to pre-pregnancy weight, not to mention a better self-image during and after pregnancy.

So what's the best exercise for expectant mothers? The handsdown winner is walking. Makes me not feel like such a prick if she has to walk 10 more feet to get to her car from Walmart.

Sure i can see its not nice to take up the spots once in a while but really, worth getting your panties in a bunch over? What can I say, I'm militant in my opinions.

You are right - walking is the best exercise for expectant mothers. But I'm referring to limited mobility regarding ingress/egress (getting in and out of the vehicle), and depending on the mall, most of those spots are slightly larger (similar to handicapped spots) to allow for pregnant women to actually open the door all the way so they aren't squeezing out of their vehicles all the time.

I still maintain that it's a douche move.

Sugarphreak
10-16-2009, 08:26 AM

blownz
10-16-2009, 08:41 AM
A comment on a pregnant and new mother spots since my wife has been pregnant twice in the last 3 years.... she never used them when she was pregnant and we both thought they were kind of silly, BUT - when you have a new born baby and they are in the car carrier, it is very difficult to pull those out of the back seat of the car without opening the door the entire way. In many places (not all mind you) those spots for pregnant and new parents are often wider spots which makes it really easy to take the stroller out of your trunk, park it between your car and the one beside you, fully open your back door, and attach the baby carrier to the stroller. Plus when it is minus 20 out it is nice to not have to keep the baby out in those temps for too long.

It wasn't until then that we both saw the value in these spots and I am perfectly fine with seeing them places. And I think anyone that would park in them while not needing them is almost as much of a douche as someone who parks in a handicap spot. :thumbsdow

Hybrid spots are stupid though. :bullshit:

Mar
10-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Must remember to carry a 3/4 ratchet with me in my car now.

snoop101
10-16-2009, 09:04 AM
In Kelowna at the mall the have smart car parking spots. I thought it was cute. lol..

As for prego spots though that kinda bugs me. Like someone else said why would you goto a mall to walk around if you cant even walk the extra 1-2 min from a normal parking spot. Also maybe its just me, but I knew a lot of chicks that were having babies and they still went to yoga and did active things, its not like there handicap.

Personally I could care less because I got a gut and walking that extra bit does wonders for me, but now we got gimpy parking, prego parking, and now treehugger parking. Whats next? Im to fat to walk that extra few stalls parking. They will have a donut sign and it will say 300lbs+ parking.

TorqueDog
10-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by blownz
A comment on a pregnant and new mother spots since my wife has been pregnant twice in the last 3 years.... she never used them when she was pregnant and we both thought they were kind of silly, BUT - when you have a new born baby and they are in the car carrier, it is very difficult to pull those out of the back seat of the car without opening the door the entire way. In many places (not all mind you) those spots for pregnant and new parents are often wider spots which makes it really easy to take the stroller out of your trunk, park it between your car and the one beside you, fully open your back door, and attach the baby carrier to the stroller. Plus when it is minus 20 out it is nice to not have to keep the baby out in those temps for too long.

It wasn't until then that we both saw the value in these spots and I am perfectly fine with seeing them places. And I think anyone that would park in them while not needing them is almost as much of a douche as someone who parks in a handicap spot. :thumbsdow :werd:

Kennyredline
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM

I've seen some pretty STUPID drivers driving SMART cars...
Since green cars make less pollution, THEY should have to drive to the back of the parking lot, creating less pollution along the way. If an oil-burning, gas-guzzling SUV only has to drive to a stall close to the door, it's better for everyone!
....and I wonder about those "expectant mother" stalls...how "expectant" does she have to be? Do they need to be showing, or can they carry the pee stick around in case somebody asks....?

ZorroAMG
10-16-2009, 10:28 AM
This society is full of pussies. Mothers have been having babies since the dawn of time. Cars have been around for a century without preggo parking spots and their babies have lived to blog about them.....here actually.

They are USELESS spots thought up by whiners trying to garner free pc points.

Fuck off with large carbon footprint hybrid car spots and "wimpy mom" spots.

"IMO"

Redlyne_mr2
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
This society is full of pussies. Mothers have been having babies since the dawn of time. Cars have been around for a century without preggo parking spots and their babies have lived to blog about them.....here actually.

"IMO"
I tend to agree. All of our moms survived the child raising process without the need for pregnant parking. As useless as these spots may be you're going against societies ways. Some may call it being a douchebag, some may call it anarchy. Personally I think those hybrid parking spots are useless.

blownz
10-16-2009, 11:08 AM

"IMO"

I actually agree that they are not necessary, and I would be perfectly happy without them and so would my wife. But as I said they car nice and my wife did appreciate them for the first 6 months she had each of our babies when they were available.

I don't know why they started having them, but it is mostly malls that have them and I'm sure they are simply trying to attract more women to the malls because they tend to spend the most money.

The only people that seem to be whining are the douchebags too lazy to walk the extra 20 feet past the two extra 'reserved' spots.

Mar
10-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by blownz

It wasn't until then that we both saw the value in these spots and I am perfectly fine with seeing them places. And I think anyone that would park in them while not needing them is almost as much of a douche as someone who parks in a handicap spot. :thumbsdow

Hybrid spots are stupid though. :bullshit:
Why are you parking in expectant mother spots if she already popped out the kid?

Sugarphreak
10-16-2009, 01:06 PM

whiskas
10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
If the parking lot is full and those spots are empty of course I'm going to grab it to save myself the 100m walk from the other side of the lot.

And if the parking lot is empty I'm still going to park in it because it's the nearest open spot to the entrance. If a pregger comes along there will be another spot available just as close to the entrance.

Those of you opposed should quit being such control freaks concerned with policing everyone. Join the CPS, I'm sure they'd love you.

blownz
10-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mar

Why are you parking in expectant mother spots if she already popped out the kid?

Like the other guy said, learn to read. Virtually all of those signs say expectant mothers and something along the lines of new mothers or new parents.

She actually never used the spots either time she was pregnant because she thought it wasn't necessary. She only used it from birth to about 6 months with both kids as during that time they were in infant carriers and there were some tangible benefits to the larger spots.

scat19
10-16-2009, 01:32 PM

Sure i can see its not nice to take up the spots once in a while but really, worth getting your panties in a bunch over?

zieg
10-16-2009, 01:45 PM
If I parked in one of those spots and someone bitched at me about it, I might just tell them it's a hybrid, get in, leave the kill switch off and use the starter to back out of the stall. :rofl:

TorqueDog
10-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by scat19
[To TorqueDog's post]

Originally posted by scat19
[To funkedelic2's post]

:werd: Do you even have an opinion of your own? Because you just agreed with two completely conflicting viewpoints. :facepalm:

blownz
10-16-2009, 03:25 PM

alloroc
10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Do you even have an opinion of your own? Because you just agreed with two completely conflicting viewpoints. :facepalm:

funkedelic2
10-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Do you even have an opinion of your own? Because you just agreed with two completely conflicting viewpoints. :facepalm:

He's got you there.

pyroza
10-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Haven't ever seen an "expectant mother" or "hybrids only" sign in the states O_o

Cody D
10-17-2009, 03:57 AM
I parked in one of those expectant mother spots once when they first came out, the security guard actually tracked us down in the mall and asked us to move our sportbikes, I thought it was pretty funny at the time.

rx7girlie
10-17-2009, 09:50 AM
slap a badge on and you're good to go

TorqueDog
10-17-2009, 03:58 PM
I'd buy an adhesive Hybrid badge, then turn it into a fridge magnet and slap it on the back of the car when I'm in the mall. Come out, remove the badge, done.

nissanguy
10-17-2009, 05:18 PM
i hate hybrids:thumbsdow

spikerS
10-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by luxor

My front windows aren't tinted you idiot. But the windows on those lifted trucks are also tinted, what a surprise. You're probably one of those lifted truck owners you flaming homosexual, thanks for coming out.

awww, i must have touched a nerve there.

so, have you always been homophobic, or just since daddy made you suck him off to borrow the minivan?

cycosis
10-17-2009, 09:30 PM

"IMO"

Thank you. Couldnt have said it better myself

jaysas_63
10-17-2009, 11:05 PM
i don't think theirs anything wrong with a mall trying to be more environmentally conscious by providing incentives for people to buy "green" cars....seems like corporate responsibility to me

and yea malls didn't have stalls for pregnant women 30 yrs ago, and the women made do with what they had.... but whats wrong with making peoples lives easier, its called PROGRESSION ahhaha (you think the handicap had parking stalls since the dawn of time :rofl:

seems like the only people whinning here are some selfish assholes that dont wanna walk an extra 10 steps to make a pregnant ladys life a bit easier, or save a few fuckin trees ;)

dirtsniffer
10-18-2009, 08:30 AM
i'll park anywhere. even in the handicap spot providing there is a bunch more around. sometimes at a grocery store or a mall or something, the place is packed but there is 10+ handi's available, fuck it, that shits mine. or when they dont have both the standing sign and the paint on the ground:rofl:

luxor
10-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by spikers

awww, i must have touched a nerve there.

so, have you always been homophobic, or just since daddy made you suck him off to borrow the minivan?

HAHAHA nice one buddy, best come back EVER! Now we all know you are a closet fag. Your jeep is probably lifted also for that same reason isn't it you douche.

FraserB
10-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Cody D
I parked in one of those expectant mother spots once when they first came out, the security guard actually tracked us down in the mall and asked us to move our sportbikes, I thought it was pretty funny at the time.

Did you tell him that he could try and write you a ticket before laughing at him?

At luxor: My Jeep is lifted with bigger tires, does that make me gay:dunno: Its lifted so I can offroad it, I don't bash the guys who mod a JDM or any other car to use on the street or track. Both are hobbies and require different equipment, I don't see how someone with a lifter truck or Jeep is automatically a closet homo or a redneck.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by nissanguy
i hate hybrids:thumbsdow
Ever driven one?:facepalm:

I wouldn't agree, especially after driving the GS450H I have for the week. 340HP, 0-60 in 5.2. Want a race?:rolleyes:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/0910181334000.jpg

Just because it says hybrid doesn't mean its boring and slow - it means it has two motors rather than your one. "Cause knowledge is power!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With regards to hybrid parking spots, what a load of shit. Another lame corporate attempt at hopping on the go-greenwagon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Edit:

Originally posted by FraserB
At luxor: My Jeep is lifted with bigger tires, does that make me gay:dunno: Its lifted so I can offroad it, I don't bash the guys who mod a JDM or any other car to use on the street or track. Both are hobbies and require different equipment, I don't see how someone with a lifter truck or Jeep is automatically a closet homo or a redneck.
Agreed, people tend to criticize what they aren't familiar with rather than embracing all sides of auto enthusiasm. I miss my baby..

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/DSC00554.jpg

TorqueDog
10-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

I wouldn't agree, especially after driving the GS450H I have for the week. 340HP, 0-60 in 5.2. Want a race?:rolleyes:It's a Lexus - that's enough of a reason for me not to like it. It being a hybrid only makes it even easier to dislike. [shrug]

Oh yeah - it also gets city/highway US MPG numbers of 22/25... that's pitiful for something calling itself a hybrid.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 01:46 PM
It's a Lexus - that's enough of a reason for me not to like it.
You sound like a smart and rational person. :rolleyes:

Sounds like something a crazy conspiracy theorist - "It doesn't matter what they say, I wont believe it!" Pull the tampon out of your ears.

Sugarphreak
10-18-2009, 01:46 PM

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Oh yeah - it also gets city/highway US MPG numbers of 22/25... that's pitiful for something calling itself a hybrid.

Pff, what does your ancient M5 get? :rolleyes: Another ignorant person who doesn't understand that "hybrid" in the automotive field refers to a gasoline or diesel motor that is assisted via electric/other motor.

Besides, not my car nor do I particularly care about how "hybrid" you consider it.

Edit: Found out for you.
Your dated M5 gets 13 / 21 mpg, so your extra 40 horse makes it gulp twice the gas? :rofl: Some more BMW-douchin' brought to you by TorqueDog.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

How does driving a hybrid save trees; just wondering? Looks like another person totally mislead by "green" advertising and marketing; good job.

Here is how my car stacks up against a couple of Hybrids....
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb256/Sugarphreak/hybridVSfit.jpg
in other words this has pretty much nothing to do with people who are environmentally conscientious; it is about a bunch of yuppie dorks who don't know any better.

Do you mind taking home the miter-saw, 20gallon compressor and 8X4ft sheets of particle board I have in the back of my Hybrid Yukon in your fit? Dumb comparison.

You can't give a Yukon the gas mileage of a fit, even if its a Hybrid. Likewise, you can't make a fit with the capacity and weight of a Yukon and expect the same mileage either.

:dunno:

EDIT: How about comparing your fit to a COMPARABLE hybrid, such as the Prius and Civic Hybrid.:rolleyes:

TorqueDog
10-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Pff, what does your ancient M5 get? :rolleyes: Another ignorant person who doesn't understand that "hybrid" in the automotive field refers to a gasoline or diesel motor that is assisted via electric/other motor.

Besides, not my car nor do I particularly care about how "hybrid" you consider it.

Edit: Found out for you.
Your dated M5 gets 13 / 21 mpg, so your extra 40 horse makes it gulp twice the gas? :rofl: Some more BMW-douchin' brought to you by TorqueDog. Yeah, because I bought my car to get good fuel mileage. :rofl: :facepalm:

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Yeah, because I bought my car to get good fuel mileage. :rofl: :facepalm:

You mention that the GS450H is pitiful as a Hybrid, yet it gets far better fuel mileage than your M5 with comparable performance. My point is the engineers failed on your end, not Lexus's. Your douchey signature is enough to inform me your incessant bmw butt-fuckery is one hell of an unstoppable force though.

TorqueDog
10-18-2009, 02:14 PM
You mention that the GS450H is pitiful as a Hybrid, yet it gets far better fuel mileage than your M5 with comparable performance. My point is the engineers failed on your end, not Lexus's. Your douchey signature is enough to inform me your incessant bmw butt-fuckery is one hell of an unstoppable force though. Oh please, make the laughing stop. :rofl: Congratulations that your car has performance nearing that of a car that is now eight years old with slightly better fuel economy. Talk about reaching for the stars.

For the record, my real-world economy numbers are closer to the 17 MPG mark around the city, and 22 MPG highway. I'm not bragging, I know my car is a fuel-sucker, which is why I didn't bother to bring it up in a thread about hybrids.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh please, make the laughing stop. :rofl: Congratulations that your car has performance nearing that of a car that is now eight years old with slightly better fuel economy. Talk about reaching for the stars.

You are a laugh dude. Its not my vehicle first off, it's not advertised as a performance vehicle as yours was, as well according to what I see your car gets almost HALF of the city mileage (not "slightly better" as you put it), and it even cost over ten thousand less to boot. Maybe you should stay out of conversations that have to do with Hybrids if you know anything about them to begin with Mr.Bmw.

TorqueDog
10-18-2009, 02:28 PM
You are a laugh dude. Its not my vehicle first off, it's not advertised as a performance vehicle as yours was, as well according to what I see your car gets almost HALF of the city mileage, and it even cost over ten thousand less to boot. Maybe you should stay out of conversations that have to do with Hybrids if you know anything about them to begin with Mr.Bmw. Hey, you brought up my car, not me. I don't know why, considering it seems laughable to try and extoll the virtues of a hybrid by comparing it with an old performance sedan.

Between you and I, I'm the only one who seems to be debating the merits of the cars themselves - you're all too comfortable to throw around the typical "Oh shit, I look like an idiot, I should save face by calling him a BMW douche" insults.

22 miles per gallon is not an impressive feat from a car with a hybrid powertrain. It just isn't.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Hey, you brought up my car, not me. I don't know why, considering it seems laughable to try and extoll the virtues of a hybrid by comparing it with an old performance sedan.

Meh, it started with me having to explain to you what a Hybrid is by definition, as well as comparing what you called a pitiful hybrid to a car comparable in every dimension that has one motor rather than two - which just so happened to be your prehistoric m5. Using your car as an example led me to believe you would have an easier time understanding, but I suppose not.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:34 PM

22 miles per gallon is not an impressive feat from a car with a hybrid powertrain. It just isn't.

The car weights 4134 lb, its not a prius. Did you happen to take physics in school?

Edit: Why don't you compare the mpg-figures to that the petrol versions..:facepalm:

Another ignorant person who doesn't understand that "hybrid" in the automotive field refers to a gasoline or diesel motor that is assisted via electric/other motor.

TorqueDog
10-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Having to explain to me? Give me a break, you explained it because you felt you needed to put yourself in a position of condescension in this discussion, not because I needed it. I knew what a hybrid powertrain is. I was targeting the point that this hybrid is being marketed as a 'green' solution that is about as green as the money you're still giving to the oil companies with its fuel economy.

If you want to go back to talking down about my 'prehistoric' M5, go for it - my car makes no apologies for what it is, and I make no excuses for it. I enjoy every last drop of petrol I burn when I step on the accelerator, and that's what matters to me.

I take public transit to work, so really, I use less fuel in my 'prehistoric' M5 in three weeks' worth of driving than you do in a week.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:44 PM
I was targeting the point that this hybrid is being marketed as a 'green' solution that is about as green as the money you're still giving to the oil companies with its fuel economy.

Go to the website, I don't see anything about "being green", saving the world or any of that nonsense on the GS450h's page. It's simply people like you who see a prius hybrid and assume that every engine with an electric motor strapped to the back of it somehow has to perform with double digit 0-60 times. You fail to understand that the intentions of the GS450H is to show that you can have your large sedan if you want it, and with the addition of "hybrid" on the back lid you also get the most powerful model of the GS as well as the best fuel economy of any of the GS's. I'm a marketing whore, so don't try spouting crap about what YOU think lexus is marketing its Hybrid lineup as when you haven't a clue.

962 kid
10-18-2009, 02:48 PM

I wouldn't agree, especially after driving the GS450H I have for the week. 340HP, 0-60 in 5.2. Want a race?:rolleyes:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/0910181334000.jpg

Just because it says hybrid doesn't mean its boring and slow - it means it has two motors rather than your one. "Cause knowledge is power!"

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what it means. The GS450h is one of the most boring cars I've ever driven in my entire life. The electronic throttle, CVT, electronic/variable power steering, VDIM, electronic brakes and variable brake bias all contribute to make it a boring, soft, completely isolated drive. Great car to drive around the city in, but it most certainly is boring

Sugarphreak
10-18-2009, 02:49 PM

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what it means. The GS450h is one of the most boring cars I've ever driven in my entire life. The electronic throttle, CVT, electronic/variable power steering, VDIM, electronic brakes and variable brake bias all contribute to make it a boring, soft, completely isolated drive. Great car to drive around the city in, but it most certainly is boring
It would rape your Galant any day of the week, and its not advertised as a performance vehicle but rather an old mans car that moves when you stomp the throttle. When did I give you the impression that it is trying to be a corvette?

I could take most of those actually; with the exception of the partial board.

Lol, fair enough. I actually always wanted the fit after I rolled out of T&T's in my 06 civic.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
So you deserve to park closer because your gas guzzling beast of a hybrid can pack full sheets of plywood? Because that is what this is really all about.
Whats with all of the mouth-breathers who can't read? Quit jumping on the bandwagons people.

With regards to hybrid parking spots, what a load of shit. Another lame corporate attempt at hopping on the go-greenwagon.

Sugarphreak
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 02:54 PM
^^^^ lol stop responding while edit :rofl:

Lol, sorry. Truce time though, I love your fit and I hate hybrid parking spots. Case closed.

TorqueDog
10-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Go to the website, I don't see anything about "being green", saving the world or any of that nonsense on the GS450h's page. It's simply people like you who see a prius hybrid and assume that every engine with an electric motor strapped to the back of it somehow has to perform with double digit 0-60 times. You fail to understand that the intentions of the GS450H is to show that you can have your large sedan if you want it, and with the addition of "hybrid" on the back lid you also get the most powerful model of the GS as well as the best fuel economy of any of the GS's. I'm a marketing whore, so don't try spouting crap about what YOU think lexus is marketing its Hybrid lineup as when you haven't a clue. Please, who is going to spend $5,000 more to have a hybrid if they're not buying it for the purpose of trying to look like they give a damn about the environment? Seriously.

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Please, who is going to spend $5,000 more to have a hybrid if they're not buying it for the purpose of trying to look like they give a damn about the environment? Seriously.

People who are forced to by the thousands of corporations moving to Hybrid-only company vehicles, such as the owner of the one parked in my garage. :facepalm:

To add: People pay far more than $5000 on other vehicles for negligible reasons with regards to drivetrain options. This one gives you significantly more HP as well as better fuel economy, how could you argue that? :rolleyes:

I suppose no other car manufacturer charges more money for more performance/options, eh? Those scammers...Anyways, thanks for coming out Mr.Bmw!