PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any opinions on the Mazda Dealers in town?

TreasureHunter
10-14-2009, 05:36 PM
Howdy,

I want to go take a look at the new Speed3, though I'm not sure if they have hit dealer lots yet. North Hill and Kramer are the two closest dealers to me. I'm just wonder who has had experience with either dealers, any problems or anything? Thanks guys

Tomaz
10-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Kramer Mazda FTW!

I have never had a bad experiance so far with Kramer Mazda. They have made sure that I was 100% happy with my purchace every step of the way.

The salesman I dealt with was Ken Nhan (New Car Sales Manager) and his team. They were able to explain the car very well, went into detail when I questioned warranty and payment options. Even the service team has been very helpful and understanding when answering the questions I have.

I would reccomend this dealership fully! :)

RX_EVOLV
10-15-2009, 09:45 AM
Bought my RX8 new from Kramer but I don't like their service department ( my salesman was sort of a douche too but he doesn't work there anymore). I take my car to NorthHill mazda now. It is soooooo much better.

I recommend North Hill.

brownboi
10-15-2009, 09:54 AM
northhill mazda is good
go see nitin .... he helped me out good

beyond_ban
10-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by brownboi
northhill mazda is good
go see nitin .... he helped me out good

Nitin works at Stoney Trail Mazda, or he did when i was there about 2 months ago. I highly recommend him though, he is a great guy who cares about the client. PM me and i can get you a discount based on my referral.

Lex350
10-15-2009, 10:15 AM
KRAMER HAS THE WORST SERVICE DEPARTMENT I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!!!! With my RX8 I delt with them all. Sunridge didn;t have bad service but all they will ever do is drop you off at the C-train station when you take your car in.....shit they were replacing my engine after only having the car for less that 2 months and I get a bus ticket...nice!

Kramer....I just can't say enough bad things about that serive department....fought with them every time on every issue.

Northhill would be my recommendation if you have to go with a Mazda.

Lex350
10-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz
Kramer Mazda FTW!

I have never had a bad experiance so far with Kramer Mazda. They have made sure that I was 100% happy with my purchace every step of the way.

The salesman I dealt with was Ken Nhan (New Car Sales Manager) and his team. They were able to explain the car very well, went into detail when I questioned warranty and payment options. Even the service team has been very helpful and understanding when answering the questions I have.

I would reccomend this dealership fully! :)

that's just the thing....they love you there when you are buying but once they have your money you are shit.....hit and run dealership.

beyond_ban
10-15-2009, 10:30 AM
If you want the best Mazda service department in town, go with Stoney Trail. Not only is it a brand new facility, but they are never busy. It isn't uncommon to get a same day oil change or other service done, just because they don't have the customer base as the older dealerships such as Kramer/Northill.

Tomaz
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

that's just the thing....they love you there when you are buying but once they have your money you are shit.....hit and run dealership.

I havent had that experiance. So far I have taken my car in for 2 warranty claims and 2 oil changes. I have either gotten shuttled to work or given a rental for the day. :dunno:

RX_EVOLV
10-15-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by rotten42

Kramer....I just can't say enough bad things about that serive department....fought with them every time on every issue.

Northhill would be my recommendation if you have to go with a Mazda.

:werd: Have to fight them almost every time to get some work done. My DRL stopped working so I took it in. Kramer said its probably a burnt bulb, which is not covered under warranty and i would cost 1 hour labor to diagnose ($100) + 1 hour labor to replace ($100) + the cost of parts ( $23 or something for the one bulb??). $240... I also had condensation in one of my taillight and they said I might've physically damaged it and it would cost 1hour labor to diagnose whether it is manufacture defects or if I damaged it myself.....

I just gave up fighting. took it to North Hill, told them my DRL doesnt work and my taillight has condensation. They gave me a ride to school, fixed it no question ask, and covered under warranty. It was awesome

Mibz
10-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Kramer fucked me twice and I'll never drive a Mazda again because of it.

Lex350
10-15-2009, 01:19 PM

I havent had that experiance. So far I have taken my car in for 2 warranty claims and 2 oil changes. I have either gotten shuttled to work or given a rental for the day. :dunno:

oh don't worry...your time is coming.

Wraith
10-15-2009, 02:37 PM
Kramer service hasn't been too bad to me, they always forget to call me when the car is done but no disaster stories yet :rolleyes:

slinkie
10-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Got the speed3 at north hill over a year ago and they have been the model of good service :thumbsup:

Eleanor
10-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
If you want the best Mazda service department in town, go with Stoney Trail. Not only is it a brand new facility, but they are never busy. It isn't uncommon to get a same day oil change or other service done, just because they don't have the customer base as the older dealerships such as Kramer/Northill. This. They're trying to make a name and they've succeeded with me. Used to go to North Hill, but Stoney Trail has my business now.

meowmeow
10-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
This. They're trying to make a name and they've succeeded with me. Used to go to North Hill, but Stoney Trail has my business now.

Good to hear there treating people well. BUT by Servicing at Kramer/North Hill/Stoney Trail your feeding the same mouth at the end of the day.

syritis
10-15-2009, 07:01 PM
4 years ago when i bought my RX7 and was still trying to become a mechanic I blew the motor and decided to rebuilt the engine. I went great for the first week then stopped running. I can turn a wrench quite well but i didn't know anything about troubleshooting. So I took it to Northhill mazda, the same place where i bought the car off an employee. I told them I just rebuilt the motor, it ran then stopped. I asked them to diagnose the problem and to make sure i didn't miss anything important. When i went to pick up the car they gave me this long story about everything they "had" to replace but coincidentally when they replaced the stuck injectors it fired right up.
So they charged me almost 500$ for 2 injectors and the labor to install them and 400$ for all the other crap they replaced. Then told me the motor had bad compression and needed to be rebuilt (well no shit, i was still breaking it in) As i was on my way home, it was driving like shit still so i took it to RX7 specialties. They told me to replace the fuel filter. the injectors were probably just stuck from being out for so long (bench testing them would have fixed this)
so i replaced the fuel filter and it ran perfect. Now that I think back to it i think it was probably the plugged fuel filter that ran my engine lean and cause it to blow.

I went to Stoneytrail mazda for a brake master cylinder for my RX7. the first part guy i talked to was a fuckin retard.
partsguy: the part would be almost 200$
me: autovalue would charge me 60$
partsguy: that's cuz they sell junk and i'd be an idiot to even visit anutovalue ever again. but I wouldn't be able to get the brake master cylinder anyways.
Me: even if they don't have the best parts, at least they have them and the service to bring me back.
His manager over heard me and immediately stepped in and apologized for not having the part.

As for Kramer mazda. they have a bad habit of not calling you when your parts come in, but they do always get them. The best mazda dealership in the city and trusted by most of the rotary community.

RX_EVOLV
10-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by syritis

As for Kramer mazda. they have a bad habit of not calling you when your parts come in, but they do always get them.

:werd: a few times I ordered parts from Kramer, they didnt call me for 2-3 weeks whether it had came in or not.. so I called and ask and they said it was here but they sent it back cause they couldn't get a hold of me and I didnt come pick it up?? ( i left them my cell number and they didnt even leave a voicemail?)

I remember taking my car in for oilchange and to replace my sunvisor @ Kramer. they said they will order a new visor for me. I ended up waiting and actually getting it install 3 months later :O

Ghearraidh
10-16-2009, 08:56 AM
I bought a 2009 Mazda 6 from Kramer earlier in the year. I had no problems with the whole purchase process, but have yet to experience the service dept. I have a few of free oil changes with Kramer (I'll use the first one next week).

I'm quite anal about service, so this thread has me a bit worried (Kramer is the closest Mazda ... North Hill would be ok, but Stoney Trail is just too far for me). I believe a bad service ruins the whole brand (thanks Stampede Toyota ... your service sold me a Mazda :) ). Service was one of the reasons why I almost bought a Saturn (I was very happy with their service dept.)

RX_EVOLV
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
^^

its worth the drive to Northhill :) I live literately 2 mins away from Kramer, I still go to Northhill

Tomaz
10-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Andrea @ the service counter seems to be a bit more on the ball than some of the others (For instance the guy who tried to upsell me a transmission flush at my first oil change at 6000kms. Fucking idiot lol). I would suggest talking to her about your service needs. :)

Hamann
10-16-2009, 09:22 AM
My girlfriend bought her Mazda 3 from Sunridge, she recommends them to everyone :dunno:

Ghearraidh
10-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by meowmeow

Good to hear there treating people well. BUT by Servicing at Kramer/North Hill/Stoney Trail your feeding the same mouth at the end of the day.

How so? Are all three dealerships owned by the same folks? I thought they were independent of one another.

meowmeow
10-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Ghearraidh

How so? Are all three dealerships owned by the same folks? I thought they were independent of one another.

Same family owns all 3. Stoney Trail was formerly Northside Hyundai but it was the titanic when it came to sales as a hyundai franchise

Team_Mclaren
10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by syritis

You took a 20 year old rotary to the dealership. I think thats your problem right there.

Northhill seem to be the best but i have yet to experience their service department. They actually call you when your parts arrive. Karmer failed to do that for me, i had to call in a few times just to check if its even available.

Ghearraidh
11-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Well ... my first service at Kramer was fairly uneventful. No problems so far.

w_man
11-03-2009, 10:42 PM
The sales manager at Northhill is a friend of mine. He hooked up a few people from my work with solid deals.

If you want, PM me and I'll get you his info as well as mine for a reference.

Archea
11-04-2009, 06:51 PM
Andrea @ the service counter seems to be a bit more on the ball than some of the others (For instance the guy who tried to upsell me a transmission flush at my first oil change at 6000kms. Fucking idiot lol). I would suggest talking to her about your service needs. :)

Hi Tomaz! Thanks for the kind words :)

We do actually try at Kramer....seems to be hit and miss and a lot of the "ball dropping" seems to be due to the high turnover rate.
Glad to anounce we have a new service manager who is very keen at change for the better....so hopefully our issues will all be soon resolved..

As for those people with the 2004 RX8s.....yes unfortunately they are semi problematic...and if you fall into the wrong hands of a poor service writer seems to make the experience less then stellar so pick wisely! Some service writers almost cringe when the RX8's get towed in....

However I drive a 93 RX7 and am happy to report they do my basic servicing and take wicked care of my car. There's a master tech here named Merlin and one named Rob who have been with us since the very beginning and they are both super intune to the rotary engine.

s2k_boi
11-04-2009, 11:36 PM
Kramer's hit and miss in the service department, sales was alright. But they do try to regain your trust, but I am still kinda bitter about one incident this year. Had a 6pm appt for a oil change, of course I said I would wait.... after 1.5 hour of waiting, I went up and ask about the status. At that time it was brought to my attention that they were unable to have it completed that day and I had to waste my time to come back AGAIN for another 1.5 hour for the oil change.

Apparently my 3 hours of waiting plus travel time / time cut out from my day was only worth a free oil change and a exteriro wash.... :thumbsdow

But at least I've always been dropped off to my work instead of the LRT....

Tomaz
11-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Archea

Hi Tomaz! Thanks for the kind words :)

We do actually try at Kramer....seems to be hit and miss and a lot of the "ball dropping" seems to be due to the high turnover rate.
Glad to anounce we have a new service manager who is very keen at change for the better....so hopefully our issues will all be soon resolved..

As for those people with the 2004 RX8s.....yes unfortunately they are semi problematic...and if you fall into the wrong hands of a poor service writer seems to make the experience less then stellar so pick wisely! Some service writers almost cringe when the RX8's get towed in....

However I drive a 93 RX7 and am happy to report they do my basic servicing and take wicked care of my car. There's a master tech here named Merlin and one named Rob who have been with us since the very beginning and they are both super intune to the rotary engine.

No problem! You have always taken care of me and Stephanie! :)

I hope that your new service manager is able to step up to the plate! The sales experiance was amazing, I hope that Your service department will soon follow suit!

Anyway, I will see you on Friday for Steph's second oil change! :)

davidm_86
11-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Bought my speed3 from them last year and it went fairly smooth. The sales guy I was dealing with was a little flaky and right before I signed the papers, he left the dealership. Ken (sales manager) helped sort everything out.

Service has been alright for me. I also have issues where they forget to call you when your parts arrive, but other than that it seems alright. George from the service department has always been very helpful and hasn't forgotten to call me when my car was finished.

Keep in mind, I usually drop my car off in the morning, go to work, then pick it up after. I've never sat there and waited for an oil change.

lilmira
11-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I had problems with service department at Kramer a few years back too. Last time I went, it seemed to be improved and it looked like they had an overhaul on their staff. I don't go there anymore since it's so far away from my house.

I've been to Sunridge quite a bit after my terrible experience with Kramer. I have no complaint there.

Now that Stoney is open, it's my first choice since it's minutes away from my house. Like others said, they are not very busy so it's easy to book appointment. I did have problem with them at one point and they handled it professionally.

heavyD
11-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Kramer fucked me twice and I'll never drive a Mazda again because of it.

Sunridge fucked me once and I'll never drive a Mazda again between that and the fact their cars as a whole aren't built to last.

No_Cash
11-07-2009, 06:53 PM
My brother bought and gets his car serviced at Kramer, no complaints from him so far

CalgaryAE92
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Great to hear everyone's experience with the different Mazda dealerships in town. I want to bring my '02 Protege5 in for it's 72,000km service and I live quite close to Stoney Trail Mazda. Anymore experiences or comments on STM's service department? Sounds like at least they're not that busy!