PDA

View Full Version : Prostart (CT-5460TW)

dpayment
10-15-2009, 05:07 AM
I have two problems. Firstly, I've lost the 5-button, two-way LCD remote transmitter that came with my Prostart (model CT-5460TW) from Canadian Tire. I've been searching, but haven't yet found the correct remote to replace it.

Secondly, and this is only going to be possible if I can find a replacement transmitter, is that I left the headlights on a while back and completely drained the battery. Once that happened, and before I lost the original transmitter, I couldn't get the unit to work at all. There must be a way to reset the unit to recognize the transmitter and/or commands, but I couldn't figure it out at the time.

Any help with either of these problems would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,
Dan:banghead: :dunno: :eek:

Strugari
10-15-2009, 07:11 AM
That is a discontinued line from Canadian Tire. If you find a transmitter, it will most likely cost about $175.00.

I would suggest waiting until C/Tire has their annual sale and sells the 2 way for $99.00
The new unit will plug directly into your exsisting wiring making an easy install.

Programming instruction come with the new unit as well.

If you happen to find a transmitter:

Open the hood.
Press the hoodswitch down and release.
The parklights should come on.
Before the lights go out press and release the hoodswitch.
The lights should stay on.
Turn the key to ignition and off.
Press and hold the lock button on the transmitter until the lights flash 5 times.
Close the hood.:thumbsup:

dpayment
10-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks, Strugari, that sounds like the best option. This time I'll try to be a little more careful with the transmitter.

On another note, my car already has remote trunk/door locks, can these be connected to the Prostart, or do I need extra equipment for this?

Thanks again,
Dan:thumbsup:

schmooot
10-15-2009, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by dpayment
Thanks, Strugari, that sounds like the best option. This time I'll try to be a little more careful with the transmitter.

On another note, my car already has remote trunk/door locks, can these be connected to the Prostart, or do I need extra equipment for this?

Thanks again,
Dan:thumbsup:

yes if the model allows power locking/unlocking (I haven't seen one yet that doesn't). It's just a matter of tying in to the correct wires for your vehicle

you can find the info here
http://64.85.6.121/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=14970&MakeID=35

or go to www.bulldogsecurity.com and seacrh for your car under vehicle wiring diagrams