PDA

View Full Version : Request for "What car should I buy" section.

bituerbo
10-15-2009, 11:02 AM
4SRS.

Those threads are cluttering up General Automotive!

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-15-2009, 11:08 AM
+1

bjstare
10-20-2009, 06:56 PM
+1

Eleanor
10-20-2009, 08:03 PM
But I need to know if an RSX Type S or Hummer H2 is better for my lifestyle

:banghead:

Sugarphreak
10-20-2009, 11:24 PM

banned3x
10-21-2009, 01:53 AM
or whats better turbo or s/c?

Team_Mclaren
10-21-2009, 02:21 AM
^^ there is a main thread on TC vs. SC.

I do agree on the what should i buy thing tho. Its uber annoying. I say we just ban all "what should i buy" threads.

ExtraSlow
10-21-2009, 06:17 AM
If in this day and age a person can't find the pros and cons of a particular vehicle and then do five minutes of critical thinking to decide which one is best suited, then they aren't the caliber of person we need on beyond.
They are better suited to forums based on their areas of expertise, like ESL schools, trailers parks, and dunce caps.

Hell type "car 1" vs " car 2" review Into google and you'll get pages of info. These people are lazy and stupid.

D'z Nutz
10-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I was going to suggest a car review section in which members can contribute feedback on cars they've test driven or purchased. Maybe the "what car should I buy" threads could be combined with car reviews to make a section.

ExtraSlow
10-21-2009, 08:17 AM
I like that idea.

JAYMEZ
10-21-2009, 09:50 AM
I dont like the idea.. It will encourage more people to make them.. I just say nuke the threads and thats it.

89s1
10-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
If in this day and age a person can't find the pros and cons of a particular vehicle and then do five minutes of critical thinking to decide which one is best suited, then they aren't the caliber of person we need on beyond.
They are better suited to forums based on their areas of expertise, like ESL schools, trailers parks, and dunce caps.

Hell type "car 1" vs " car 2" review Into google and you'll get pages of info. These people are lazy and stupid.

This, and

Originally posted by JAYMEZ
I dont like the idea.. It will encourage more people to make them.. I just say nuke the threads and thats it.

This.

dirtsniffer
11-05-2009, 05:28 PM
you guys are whiiiiiiining, if i want to know what people would do in my situation ill ask. i actually made a thread like this to get sellers to contact me and i guess it got moved to general because of the poll i put in to try and generate some more interest. needless to say, sellers stopped contacting me once the thread was moved from the market place. as of today i had to give my loaner back and i still dont have a car.. anyone have a clean unmolested car for sale (4-6k)? pm me

bituerbo
11-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I really like the idea for a car-review section.
But the "I have some money (unspecific) and need a car (don't say for what). What do I buy?" threads get right up under my skin.

Redlyne_mr2
11-10-2009, 11:14 AM
I especially liked the one the other week where buddy was asking for advice on a typical type of car and whether or not he should buy it. Everyone voiced their negative opinions about the car in question and buddy stated that he had already made up his mind to buy the car... what a waste of everyones time.

eg_eric
11-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
I was going to suggest a car review section in which members can contribute feedback on cars they've test driven or purchased. Maybe the "what car should I buy" threads could be combined with car reviews to make a section.

+1 i like the "car review section" idea as well.