PDA

View Full Version : WINDmobile HIRING sales positions

-QA-
10-15-2009, 08:28 PM
Hey guys not sure if many people have heard or not but there's a new cell phone company by the name of WINDmobile and they are opening across canada. And very soon here in Calgary

Had a guy come up to me and talk to me about them looking to hire energetic and movitvated sales reps. They want people that know about customer service and professionalism. So thought I would give anyone looking for a sales position a heads up.

Here's the email of the guy I talked to, he told me to forward my resume to him and that way he can forward it directly to human ressources and get a better response.

[email protected]

or you can aaply directly at windmobile.ca/careers

goodluck guys

msommers
10-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Did he mention anything about employee discounts and phone plan rates?

l/l/rX
10-15-2009, 10:04 PM
i was gonna hop on board with these guys, but no questions can be answered. its like blind leading the blind. i know they dont want to give anything up/ leak any information out before they open, but when you cant give me answers to the questions i ask...yaaa... they cant tell you what you're even selling. cant tell you what kind of phones you're going to be selling, what the plan rates are, where their store locations are going to be.

the only things i got from them was they're going to be using the 1700 frequency. So you either have to use a t-mobile phone or their phones. quadbands dont even work on this network which kind of sucks. dress code is runners jeans and their t-shirts. training starts on monday (they won't even allow you to put in 2 weeks, they just expect you to get up and leave which is ok for some but not for me). commission is based on quota. You have to reach your quota in order to get paid out your monthly commission. Base pay is $12.

I'll hop on board in a few months if i hear good things about them. but for now im good where i am. I am very interested in this company though, i just don't like walking into the dark.

GQBalla
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
i was gonna hop on board with these guys, but no questions can be answered. its like blind leading the blind. i know they dont want to give anything up/ leak any information out before they open, but when you cant give me answers to the questions i ask...yaaa... they cant tell you what you're even selling. cant tell you what kind of phones you're going to be selling, what the plan rates are, where their store locations are going to be.

the only things i got from them was they're going to be using the 1700 frequency. So you either have to use a t-mobile phone or their phones. quadbands dont even work on this network which kind of sucks. dress code is runners jeans and their t-shirts. training starts on monday (they won't even allow you to put in 2 weeks, they just expect you to get up and leave which is ok for some but not for me). commission is based on quota. You have to reach your quota in order to get paid out your monthly commission. Base pay is $12.

I'll hop on board in a few months if i hear good things about them. but for now im good where i am. I am very interested in this company though, i just don't like walking into the dark.

i also heard they leave you in the dark like crazy.

its so secretive, but! i do know where one location will be

BenC
10-15-2009, 11:05 PM
One location I'm marlborough for sure

403ep3
10-15-2009, 11:41 PM
I heard they were looking to put one location is most major malls. I also heard that if you were part time, unless you were in a ridiculous busy location, it was hard to get that bonus or commission. I thought about jumping on board but maybe not. I'm still waiting for t-mobile.. if they ever come.

l/l/rX
10-16-2009, 12:11 AM
right... i guess i did hear about 2 locations... marlborough and 17th ave. But regardless I would like to know their other locations, cuz what if you get stuck at a shitty location? Most definitely won't be hitting your quota then.

rawsensation
10-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Most of the people looking at jumping over are rogers and fido people lol, actually considered it but I agree with l/l/rX I wanna see all their cards before I consider switching

-QA-
10-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Did he mention anything about employee discounts and phone plan rates?

He didnt say much, but if I get an interview I'll let you guys know. He did say starting wage was 12$/hr and higher depending on your experience. I'm sure and hoping like most cell comapanies there will be fair abit of perks.
The guy I spoke to was really emphasizing on motivated individuals that are really good with customer service.

Originally posted by l/l/rX

sissy :D jk
But i agree, it's all quiet right now...very interested to see what they're offering tho, and locations too.

403ep3
10-16-2009, 12:21 PM
I heard they were saying 12 but changed it to 11. It's all rumors though..

Too much hush hush and secrets with this company lol