PDA

View Full Version : New used vehicle purchase scam?

Thaco
10-16-2009, 09:27 AM
So, i am trying to sell my car, just listed it on Kijiji, have got quite a few bites, but this one i thought seemed "suspicious"

I'll have to see how it goes from here, i'll update if there is any changes.

'Buyer"

I saw your ad on Kijiji. I am very interested in purchasing your item. I have the money ready. Please let me know soon how we can do it. Thank you

Me

I am available weekdays after 5pm

"Buyer"

Hi again, I'm ready to buy your product,i have the money ready.I need this bill of sale completed by you and signed.Please download the bill of sale from here : http://alboabiz.c*o*m/car01.JPG and send it back to me today. Thanks Patt (i broke the link because it's not a jpg file, it's a virus or something, when i went to it it said it wanted me to download a bianary file of some sort)

Me

No. You get the bill of sale after I get the cash, in my hand, in person. Get a real job, scammer.

That's it for now... it's a new one i haven't seen before, but for any uneducated people, you NEVER give anybody a bill of sale unless you receive payment first... if they want to "make payments", keep the car, give them a receipt for any payments they make, give them the car only when it's paid for in full, if they have the bill of sale, they own the car.

I haven't given this "person's" email address or name because i am only 98% certain it's a scam,, so i will give the person the benefit of the doubt on the other 2% hoping that maybe they are just an uneducated buyer.

88CRX
10-16-2009, 09:33 AM
It's a trap.

Thaco
10-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX
It's a trap. no shit

eg_eric
10-16-2009, 09:37 AM
also, the fact that he refers to the car as "the product" - if they never refer to the vehicle, or don't want to meet up, don't even respond.

Danny Meehan
10-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Get a real job, scammer.

hehe

bosuteye
10-16-2009, 08:29 PM
At least he wasn't offering to pay 3x the value of the car. Those ones always give me a good laugh

nissanguy
10-17-2009, 05:22 PM
that guys an idiot:facepalm: :facepalm: