PDA

View Full Version : My car was valdalized in the parking lot and What should I do now?

muse017
10-17-2009, 12:55 AM
My car was parked in the apartment parking lot today and somebody smashed my rear window. This happend between 12:30pm and 7:00pm. I am suspecting it was caused by those highschool kids since there is a high school(William Alberhart) just across the street from the parking lot and from what I heard from the owner of pizza store in the building there was a big fight between a group of high school kids around 2:00pm. I don't have any evidence yet but I will check out the footages from surveilance cameras on Monday.

What I did so far...
Reported this on CPS website.
Contacted school for viewing footages

What else can I do at this point? and What should I do if I find out who did it?

Thank you in advance for your time and input

speedog
10-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Contacting your insurance company should be in the loop there also if your insurance (comprehensive - vandalism) covers such things. Doesn't mean that you have to proceed with a claim once you've filed it, but it will give you an idea of what your insurance will pay out and then you will have to balance that against any possible increased premiums. Methinks one vandalism claim probably shouldn't affect your rates - we had two vandalism/thefts and one rear ender accident on one of our vehicles years ago within one month and our rates didn't budge.

muse017
10-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Sorry I forgot to mention about the insurance company. Yes my insurance will cover the damage caused vandalism on my vehicle except for front windshield. I'll contact with insurance company on Monday and see how it goes.

94boosted
10-17-2009, 05:11 PM
If you have a low or no deductible your best bet might be to go through insurance however if you have a high deductible start perhaps looking at a Dealership, Pick and Pull maybe even Speedy Glass and other glass shops to get an idea of how much it's going to cost to replace.

If you find out somehow who broke your window it would probably be advisable to call the CPS and/or the kids parents and try to resist braking the little shits nose as that might not help your situation, as tempting as it may be lol

Sorry to hear about your window it's a huge piss off too have your vehicle vandalized and best of luck finding the little bastard(s).