PDA

View Full Version : electronics experts help me out pls!

TurboMedic
10-17-2009, 03:37 PM
It seems my 4 channel RCA outputs on my Avic D3 died today when I installed a new amp.....Subwoofer out still works, but the rest is nothing. Tested the output of the outputs, the sub RCA's at 65mV and the rest is 0. I've had this happen to an ollld deck back in the 90's, and I purchased some transistors to replace the ones that burned out. Now seeing how this deck is in essence a brick to me without these, I decided to open it up because some of the Avic's had internal fuse circuits (ground) on their preamps. Unfortunately I can't spot anything near replaceable in that type of fashion, so I'm hoping someone is somewhat knowledgeable in this area that can point me in the right direction.....

This is what the transistors look like, except in the deck they have 5 contacts

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2f0j00QTtElyrFRaQmM/Transistor-2SA-2SB-2SC-2SD-S2000-BU-Series-.jpg

I assume one of these is bad. Are they available for purchase locally? I had gotten a handful from Kenwood when it happened before....

Now, on an Avic forum, others with dead RCA's have contacted all the grounds on their outputs together, and they work again (hackish I know).....Does this mean anything to anyone?

Graham_A_M
10-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Kind of a toughy there. I'd call Active Electronics on 19th st. & 32nd ave NE.

They probably wont have THOSE in stock, but at least would be able to source them in for you.

If that doesn't work, call up the amp/deck doctor at ARA automotive accessories. They're in the Manchester business park. He'd also would be able to source them in for you.

EDIT: there is one more place I'd call. Its Voss Electronics, they are quite honestly two blocks away from ARA in Manchester. He has a lot of hard to find electronic components and also does repairs there as well

-Good luck!