PDA

View Full Version : Drags Wars Comments ?

ConVict
08-24-2002, 09:02 PM
I enjoyed the show , even though there was no so called " burn out compition, bikini contest, glow off " i still had fun seeing all the cars!
but one thing REALLY ticked me off, when you say its a 100% import event and if domestics come you will turn them away THEN DO IT!
i saw camaros, mustangs, pontiacs GTP's, none of those are so called DOMESTIC IMPORTS., i was ok with the cav's and the neons cause thats understandable... but come on, and the fucking harlies that ran time and time again on the IMPORT street racing event really pissed me off!

all in all great event, i wish it was held in red deer cause you could tell they rushed to get that sight ready to hold all those people, the best was the guy with his backyard barbeque.. that guy must have made a killing..

anyone who missed it, you should have came out it was worth the drive!
but any other comments ?

ConVict
08-24-2002, 09:24 PM
Oh ya , i would also like to mention a probe got second place, only losing to a turbo charged3rd gen Rx7 in the drag racing...
can anyone say booyaa :p

civic_rida
08-24-2002, 09:38 PM
What did that probe have ?

ConVict
08-24-2002, 09:43 PM
Cold Air, P&P Intake Manifold, Head Work, Header, Full Exhaust, and a 55 shot.... He ran a 14.5 on his stock 16 inch rims/wheels, and lost to the RX7's 13.7 i believe

GT2NV
08-24-2002, 10:42 PM
i dont like the sound of probes with headers the v6 gt's anyways, nice to see that silver one kickin some ass, btw kronyk your cars lookin SOoooooo good:thumbsup:

5.9 R/T
08-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by ConVict
Cold Air, P&P Intake Manifold, Head Work, Header, Full Exhaust, and a 55 shot.... He ran a 14.5 on his stock 16 inch rims/wheels, and lost to the RX7's 13.7 i believe

No offence ment to the owners of these cars, they obviously put a lot of time and work into their cars to get in to the point they are now... BUT if 13.7 was the fastest car out there this show sounds like it was pretty bunk in terms of 'drag warz'. If this event wasn't changed last minute and moved so far south undoubtedly there would have been better/faster cars there. Hopefully if this happens next year it will be in central alberta with a set time and place that can't/won't change.

GT2NV
08-24-2002, 11:24 PM
btw the drive there was the fun part i think...... o well the vids should be up pretty soon:thumbsup:

MYKN
08-25-2002, 12:17 AM
there were cars faster than 13.7 thats for sure
lots of the cars didnt enter the drag..or stay till the end to recieve a ranking. oh yeah just soo you know the rcmp drag car ran a 10.8

5.9 R/T
08-25-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by MYKN
there were cars faster than 13.7 thats for sure
lots of the cars didnt enter the drag..or stay till the end to recieve a ranking. oh yeah just soo you know the rcmp drag car ran a 10.8

The dodge dart (I think it's a dart, maybe it's a ply duster?) from EPS went down there? Or was it an rcmp car? I didn't know they had a car. Thats pretty damn cool.

HRD2PLZ
08-25-2002, 12:57 AM
I'm burnt...:dunno:
had a good time though. I shoulda ran my car just to see what kinda numbers I could get out of it...

T-rus
08-25-2002, 01:17 AM
First of all I am new to beyond.ca and second of all. I had a blast out there today. Shame there was no bikini contests or burn outs. Hope next year is twice as much fun and I hope I have a better car that I could enter in the race other then my domestic tank on wheels.:thumbsup:

sexualbanana
08-25-2002, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by T-rus
Shame there was no bikini contests or burn outs.

i don't know about u, but most of the girls i saw at drag warz were pretty damn ugly

James
08-25-2002, 08:08 AM
All around It was pretty decent, for $5, it was alot better than some other shows that were $10-20. The racing part was kinda lame, because you couldnt see what the times were,and I dont know how accurate they would have been anyway, But I guess you cant really expect much with what they had to work with.:dunno:
That Hyabusa was sweet to see, that guy was huge! Those
RX7's were Really nice, as well as many ohter cars,(Supercharged MR2, the crazy Civics, CRX's, Teg's as usual) That F&F Eclipse....err....I Mean.....Cavalier made my Day.:rolleyes:

He sure has some sweet taste in wheels hey Gavin?:rofl:

RGAGT
08-25-2002, 10:06 AM
Yeah It was a Good Time and I also Was Dissapointed in Seeing Camaro's There But if you Let in Supras and Rx7 Which are not Sport Compacts then I guess you have to let in some Camaro's But the Drive down Was Fun It was Nice to Meet Some New People and check out there Rides. :D

Superesc
08-25-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
i don't know about u, but most of the girls i saw at drag warz were pretty damn ugly

Just because they turn you down don't mean they are ugly!!! You know you want them!!! :rofl: :rofl:

LowRiderHD2000
08-25-2002, 11:48 AM
I guess you have to let in some Camaro's

They turned me away. I wasn't allowed in with the Roush. :thumbsup:

importadrenelin
08-25-2002, 01:38 PM
ConVict:
I think you have to take into account that a bnuch of cars left before the Eliminations started for the 1/4 mile event:
Including:
1993 Mazda RX-7 w/a Apexi Single & EVERY MOD
1994 Toyota Supra TT that was BPU
BPU means Basic Performance Upgrades for those who don't know. Anyone know what the fastest time was and what car because we left early and didn't see who one everything.

HRD2PLZ
08-25-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by importadrenelin
ConVict:
I think you have to take into account that a bnuch of cars left before the Eliminations started for the 1/4 mile event:
Including:
1993 Mazda RX-7 w/a Apexi Single & EVERY MOD
1994 Toyota Supra TT that was BPU
BPU means Basic Performance Upgrades for those who don't know. Anyone know what the fastest time was and what car because we left early and didn't see who one everything.

He knew that. Probably just forgot to mention it :dunno:

DSM Power
08-25-2002, 04:07 PM
I had a LOT of fun at Drag Warz!! I originally intended to just do the Show&Shine but when I saw how few cars there were I entered. The fact they let some bikes run and a Camaro or whatever, meh, it wasn't a big deal. There was wayyyy more people watching than showing/racing... :dunno:

I had 3 runs on the strip. 1st against a fellow Talon owner new to the area (he beat me on the launch, I suck LOL :rolleyes: ). The 2nd was against the sweet blue RX7 with major mods :drool: and I actually "won" that race - only because he was sleeping at the tree :p - that was a BIG thrill to run him!! 3rd race was against a heavily modded WRX with STi kit - I beat him on the launch but he took me in 3rd gear - still a great race! :D

I'll be posting my pics in the Photo Gallery section. If ANYONE has video of my races PLEASE post it or contact me - thanks!!

PS. It was great meeting some of the Beyond.ca crew before we headed down including RGAGT and the Azncowboy. :thumbsup:

GT2NV
08-25-2002, 04:42 PM
i have video i just need someone who can put it all together :(

ninspeed
08-25-2002, 05:39 PM
Hey guys.. I thought that the show was good.. but a little disorginazed.. but it was the first time that rob has done anything like this.. so kudos go out to him and the impressions team. Had a wicked time heading down with RGAGT, DSM Power and the 4 probes. Hopefully there will be a show next year more central and ill come out.. (will they take a dsm mini truck??)

HRD2PLZ
08-25-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ninspeed
Hey guys.. I thought that the show was good.. but a little disorginazed.. but it was the first time that rob has done anything like this.. so kudos go out to him and the impressions team. Had a wicked time heading down with RGAGT, DSM Power and the 4 probes. Hopefully there will be a show next year more central and ill come out.. (will they take a dsm mini truck??)

Hey! What about the gold MDX? :D

DSM Power
08-25-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by black94gt
i have video i just need someone who can put it all together :(
What do you need? :)

Ah ninspeed and HRD2PLZ... sorry I forgot to mention you by name. :D

sexualbanana
08-26-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
Oh ya , i would also like to mention a probe got second place, only losing to a turbo charged3rd gen Rx7 in the drag racing...
can anyone say booyaa :p

give it up. no one cares that it's a probe. it's fast, woohoo.

Azncowboy
08-26-2002, 12:45 AM
yup yup i'm bad...only got 2 races in..but it's ok....wasn't very oragnized....but still fun.

sexualbanana
08-26-2002, 12:56 AM
nonetheless. considering all that happened, it was a great show.

MiNG
08-26-2002, 01:31 AM
i thought it was a good show. it was nice out, got a nice tan. saw a lot of cars i've never seen before. got to race.

how accurate do you guys think the 1/4 mile times were?
1st run - 14.74 (not possible with my car)
2nd run - 15.94
3rd run - 16.48 (i let a friend race my car)
4th run - 15.91

OMOYYC
08-26-2002, 02:12 AM
Looks like your last 3 runs are quite close. I'd have to presume the first run was screwed up somehow.

Ed the SOHC
08-26-2002, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by MiNG

how accurate do you guys think the 1/4 mile times were?

Only one way to know... bring it to SS!:thumbsup:

LUDELVR
08-26-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

Only one way to know... bring it to SS!:thumbsup:

Shit!! That's your answer for everything!!! Bring it to SS!! hahahahaha;)

impressive
08-26-2002, 09:31 AM
I would like to thank you all for coming out, it was a little disorganized, the P.A. system we rented really sucked it had no range and we did announce events but nobody could hear them we were really rushed with putting this event together neither myself, Mike Lowe, or Mark Seto have done anyhting of this sort especially on such short notice. It was definetley a learning expierience and I noiw understand what the organizers of the big events go through. We appreciate all the support from the import community and promise to deliver a much better show in a more central location next year!!
Thanks Again!

ManHunter
08-26-2002, 11:34 AM
About the slow times... maybe the fast cars prefered to go to Battle Of The Imports here in Edmonton?

We had a 11.18 supra, 11.8 Rx-7 and several 12 second cars.

Plus all the usual 10's Mustangs of course. Best of the day was 8.33 I believe. I can only dream of seing an import doing that kind of time (besides going south of the border).

MH

Redlyne_mr2
08-26-2002, 12:44 PM
ya battle of the imports was great:thumbsup: Man hunter I think i over heard you talk to someoe about your car being out of comission.