PDA

View Full Version : Indash Player with everything???

2BLUE
10-18-2009, 08:37 AM
Is there a indash dvd player that also does Gps, and Radar plugin, bluetooth, harddrive and whatever else? I can't seem to find one that includes everything. I hate having a million things on the dash.

Sophal
10-18-2009, 09:48 AM
carputer?

chkolny541
10-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Sophal
carputer?

i was going to suggest this also, i built my carputer for ~700$ and it can do all those things you want.

i imagine if you got an indash player it would be in the ballpark of 1500$+ for a semi good one

dj_rice
10-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Pioneer AVIC-N1??Or the new Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT, AVIC-X910BT, or AVIC-X710BT
Does most of what you wanted without the Radar thing

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by 2BLUE
Is there a indash dvd player that also does Gps, and Radar plugin, bluetooth, harddrive and whatever else? I can't seem to find one that includes everything. I hate having a million things on the dash.

My ancient Avic-D3 can do all of that.. Have you perhaps tried any research?

nobb
10-18-2009, 05:24 PM
GPS, bluetooth, and hard drive come with alot of the aftermarkets today, such as the Avic series. Ive never heard of a headunit or carputer that can do radar...maybe someone can elaborate on that further?

The best bet for an all in one solution is probably a carputer, but it takes alot of work compared to an aftermarket unit which is mostly plug and play. I would build a carputer if you are the techie type and like to tinker around, but I wouldnt go that route if your sole reason is to save money. It can get to be a pretty expensive hobby.

chkolny541
10-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by nobb
GPS, bluetooth, and hard drive come with alot of the aftermarkets today, such as the Avic series. Ive never heard of a headunit or carputer that can do radar...maybe someone can elaborate on that further?

The best bet for an all in one solution is probably a carputer, but it takes alot of work compared to an aftermarket unit which is mostly plug and play. I would build a carputer if you are the techie type and like to tinker around, but I wouldnt go that route if your sole reason is to save money. It can get to be a pretty expensive hobby.

i cant imagine a radar plug in as being very difficult to incorporate into a carputer. TONS of plugs exist that But i agree that a carputer can be pricey if you want it to be, lol.

heres a quick search talking about a usb radar detector

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/hardware-development/48163-v1-virtual-display-valentine-one-pc-via-usb.html

and heres a find showing the incorporation of the radar into a carputer just as a basic display
http://www.cs.unm.edu/~dolphin/V1/media/screenshot.jpg

of course this display can also be cleanly incorporated into your car pc's front end so it doesnt show up as a diff box like in the above picture

nobb
10-19-2009, 06:46 PM
^That's pretty cool, could easily incorporate that into centrafuse or riderunner. Not sure if that is just as useful if you dont have the main screen displayed, since most people probably would rather have their playlist or navigation screen showing up.

If there was a laser jammer plugin, that would even be cooler.

I also came across a really cool car gps tracker plugin (if only mobile internet wasnt so $$$). That's the beauty of a carpc build....limitless possibilities.