PDA

View Full Version : where to shop for dishwashers online?

nonlinear
10-18-2009, 02:53 PM
our dishwasher died yesterday. does anyone know if there are any local retailers that have weekly ads or prices online? I tried the trail appliance website (where we got out w/d and fridge) but they didn't have anything. also tried the best buy site, but they didn't have them in the weekly flyer and i'm not even sure if the canadian stores carry large appliances or not.

anyone know? just want to get some idea of the optoins and price range.

thanks

dj_rice
10-18-2009, 03:35 PM
Coast Wholesale Appliances
www.coastappliances.com

I remember seeing a location up near Sunridge Mall

nonlinear
10-18-2009, 03:57 PM
hrm, do they have models and prices on their site? can't seem to find them.

sputnik
10-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
our dishwasher died yesterday. does anyone know if there are any local retailers that have weekly ads or prices online? I tried the trail appliance website (where we got out w/d and fridge) but they didn't have anything. also tried the best buy site, but they didn't have them in the weekly flyer and i'm not even sure if the canadian stores carry large appliances or not.

anyone know? just want to get some idea of the optoins and price range.

thanks

Aside from BestBuy and Futureshop you won't find much.

Appliance pricing is pretty competitive and very often at most larger appliance stores the prices won't even be listed on the units in the showroom.

You will really have to head down to Coast or Trail to get current pricing.

lelalong
10-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I spent a ton of time online looking for dishwashers.

homedepot.ca
thebrick.com
leons.com
futureshop.ca

But this was to get an idea of what was out there and which brands are good.

We had a Kenmore Elite that came with the house we bought. Stupid piece of high end crap! There is a design issue with these causing it to overheat and blowing the thermoresistor every couple months. We had the element and the control panel changed as well without any luck.

We ended up buying a Bosch this weekend which have a good track record. We went to Trail Appliances and it was on par with what we would have wanted from a North american made one. Trail has a lot of models.

Thaco
10-18-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Aside from BestBuy and Futureshop you won't find much.

Appliance pricing is pretty competitive and very often at most larger appliance stores the prices won't even be listed on the units in the showroom.

You will really have to head down to Coast or Trail to get current pricing.

that's BS, walmart has prices that change every they, they have thoursands of sku's, way more than trail...

competitive pricing is not the reason they don't list prices...

high pressure sales tactics is.

Any place that does not list prices so i can make my decision with or without a saleman, does not get my money.

atgilchrist
10-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I found Leon's to have the best pricing when I bought new kitchen appliances last year. They had a big sale on at the time, but I think they have a "big sale" every week, so maybe give them a try.

EDIT: And they do have prices online.

codetrap
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Don't forget about sears. The sears kenmore is actually one of the top rated dishwashers out there according to consumer reports.