PDA

View Full Version : Need a HONDA factory Stereo security CODE

Vanish3d
10-19-2009, 10:25 AM
i just bought a 2002 honda civic from someone. I can't use the cd or radio because the anti-theft is on and it requires a code to unlock it.

I talked to honda dealership and the guy was a dick and told me since it wasnt bought from here, we dont have a code for it. I told him you can CHARGE me for the code, just give me one, but no luck

how do I get a mastercode for this thing or unlock it somehow??

Thanks

Neil4Speed
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Try calling a honda dealer (maybe the one you bought the car from) or Honda Canada.

I got the code from my Acura Dealer when I needed it for my Acura Legend, they gave it to me over the phone.

Vanish3d
10-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I bought it private sale, so not from a dealer.

I will try calling another branch maybe.
is there any other way if they dont give it to me?

Thaco
10-19-2009, 10:35 AM
go to the dealer with your registration and ID, they may be able to give it to you from your VIN... the code is unique to your stereo... should be in the owners manual.

IIRC the code is also located on the deck, you have to pull it out of the dash though.

HondaKid
10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Drive over to a dealership, speak to them in person. I use Honda West, always had great service from them. I find when there are customers around within hearing distance of your conversation, the dealership tends to be more understanding in finding a solution.

Any of us could need a code in the future, we do not want to see an issue with such a minor matter as getting the stereo working. Imagine when the transmission starts acting up.

Vanish3d
10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
I did go to the dealership in person with reg. he wouldnt help.
I know its unique but they should be able to give it up by VIN number or serial number.

car never came with a manual and previous owner doesnt know since he never needed it. anti-theft code comes up when battery gets changed (which was recently done)

the actual code is on the deck???

shadowz
10-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Here is the easiest way, I had the same issue, called honda with my VIN that did not do it, there is a serial number underneath the deck which I did provide them and no problem they got me the code

Vanish3d
10-19-2009, 10:48 AM
shadowz, I gotta pull the deck out to see the serial code?

Weapon_R
10-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Try this if you don't find out locally

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsubishi-and-Honda-radio-code_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ee3c98d1QQitemZ300349692113QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

JKL@STRD
10-19-2009, 10:57 AM
this happen to me before.. and i just went to Honda with my VIN and they got me the deck code..

maybe try another dealer ship?

Vanish3d
10-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks WeaponR
I'll try a diff dealership but if that fails I can just order the code from ebay or somewhere that has it.

Or I can just buy a cheap after market deck and install it.

Sugarphreak
10-19-2009, 01:05 PM

Vanish3d
10-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks guys, got a code! got my sister to call a different honda dealership and they told her to press 16 and hold it then a number popped up, she gave them that number and they gave her a code

guess the trick is you gotta get a girl to call.... :dunno: