PDA

View Full Version : Finnaly!

Danger_Mouse
11-16-2003, 10:34 AM
I HAVE AN INTERVIEW!! lol Finnaly!!

Its at Olive Garden on 36St and Memorial Drive...

Right now its 9:35 and my interview's at 10

So I gtg

WISH ME LUCK

/////AMG
11-16-2003, 10:45 AM
:whocares: haha sorry I love the new smilies, congrats!!!

Danger_Mouse
11-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
:whocares: haha sorry I love the new smilies, congrats!!!

haha fucker...

I went in for like.... 3 minutes... he asked me my availability (if I could work certain hours, and I said I could) and then said he'd call me within the week..

So i dont think it went to well

/////AMG
11-16-2003, 12:26 PM
I think you got it man.

pinoyhero
11-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Hopefully it works out for you, I think you can make some decent cash there on tips as a server.

EK 2.0
11-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Does this mean a Beyond Discount at the Olive Garden??...:dunno:

/////AMG
11-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
Does this mean a Beyond Discount at the Olive Garden??...:dunno:

YES! :thumbsup:

3G
11-16-2003, 03:29 PM
I have sooo many friends who work at that place lol. It aint bad, times I'll call and screw around with whoever answers. Be careful not to answer a phone hahaha :devil:

but McD's and DQ both told me they'll call back and they didn't :thumbsdow Hopefully he meant it man

lam-boy
11-16-2003, 03:40 PM
haha olive garden..

i dropped that place like a bad habit.

i went in, got an interview then i said fuck it and dind't show up haha

they make you write tests and shit i was like nah too much haha.

Stratus_Power
11-16-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

but McD's and DQ both told me they'll call back and they didn't :thumbsdow Hopefully he meant it man

rejected by McDicks?! ouchhhhh

Davetronz
11-16-2003, 09:02 PM
I think you should learn how to spell "finally" before you get a job......

Dope Dealer
11-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Olive Garden has the worst food ever.

link785
11-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Olive Garden has the worst food ever.

Alright then :rolleyes:

Danger_Mouse
11-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by FastDak318
I think you should learn how to spell "finally" before you get a job......

yea, cause U know how litteracy helps u wash dishes... lol

max_boost
11-16-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

yea, cause U know how litteracy helps u wash dishes... lol lol
if that was the case, we would have so many unemployed people:rofl:

Davetronz
11-17-2003, 02:09 AM

... I once worked at a restaurant... The dish bitch was illiterate...
He didnt talk either, just talked jibberish and scooped gunk out of the dish pit and put it in a bag, or in his hands....
... He always wanted to get the other employees to eat his old candy...

*sigh* memories.

littledan
11-17-2003, 10:31 AM
i was a dishpig once.... *shudders*

Dave P
11-17-2003, 11:26 AM
Dishwashing is so easy. it is like the most relaxing place in the resturant. All you have to do is put dishes on a rack and send them thru a machine. Nobody to answer to, nobody yelling at you. I wish i had never being promoted out of dish.

littledan
11-17-2003, 12:04 PM
^^^^ you're crazy!! that was the worst job i ever had.... did you never clean the grease trap??:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

lam-boy
11-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by littledan
^^^^ you're crazy!! that was the worst job i ever had.... did you never clean the grease trap??:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

oh man, that thing stinks!!

i never worked dishes..but i know how bad it is when i bring things from the rottiserie and kitchen to the dish pit.

Dave P
11-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by littledan

haha nah man. where i worked we had some company come clean them. so i didnt have to deal with that.

Davetronz
11-17-2003, 03:40 PM
Where I work there is a Panago Pizza next door. We can smell their grease trap through the wall, and it lingers on that side of our place of business...
IT FUCKING STINKS!

Team_Mclaren
11-17-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Stratus_Power

rejected by McDicks?! ouchhhhh

!:werd:
wow!!!:eek: i never knew we reject people after interviews!!! LOL
u gonna need some mad skill to do that!!

PGTze
11-18-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

!:werd:
wow!!!:eek: i never knew we reject people after interviews!!! LOL
u gonna need some mad skill to do that!!

That's what I was thinking. I always thought thaat if you could fill out the aplication, you had yourself a job. Getting shut down at McDonalds is harsh.

403Gemini
11-18-2003, 12:46 PM
i was a dish bitch for about 2 months, the chemicals from the cleaning solvents had a nasty reaction to my skin (happens to about 5% of peeps) and it tore apart my skin. i lieterally couldnt touch my gf. my skin would get caught on her sweater n shit and it would tear my hands up more. it was fuckin sick. remeber robo cop? yea that guy who gets covered in that chemical shit, my hands looked like that. i had to sleep with latex gloves on filled with hand cream just to keep em moisturized with elastics at my wrist so it wouldnt leak out... most painful 6 months of my life was makin my hands normal again. wish i took pictures, itd make you vomit.

EDIT: guess what im saying is if your hands turn red and feel really badly inflamed, quit man, its not worth 5.95 or however much they pay you

Danger_Mouse
11-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

EDIT: guess what im saying is if your hands turn red and feel really badly inflamed, quit man, its not worth 5.95 or however much they pay you

OK i'll keep that in mind. Also, Olive Garden starts at 8$ per hour :D

lam-boy
11-19-2003, 01:21 AM

OK i'll keep that in mind. Also, Olive Garden starts at 8$ per hour :D

i believe keg starts at 9 for dish haha.

but you wanan use them heavy duty dish washing gloves man, if your hands get fucked up they are dne for good.

403Gemini
11-19-2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

i believe keg starts at 9 for dish haha.

but you wanan use them heavy duty dish washing gloves man, if your hands get fucked up they are dne for good.

mine healed pretty nice, hardly any nerves left so i dont feel much in em which sorta sucks but they are nice and smooth again so im happy :D but yes, get these fuggen gloves

lam-boy
11-19-2003, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

mine healed pretty nice, hardly any nerves left so i dont feel much in em which sorta sucks but they are nice and smooth again so im happy :D but yes, get these fuggen gloves

how long did it take to heal?

my friend worked and he washed dishes hardcore and now some of his fingers are like dried up and such..they look rough. but the rest of his hand looks fine.
and what you do to get rid of it?

Ben
11-19-2003, 09:35 AM
A couple friends of mine got turned down from McDonalds for being "Over Qualified", they wanted to work their way up and eventually Manage one, but were told that the lacklustre job would not be suitable for their personalities.

Ben
11-19-2003, 09:36 AM

Good to see some good solid life goals.

RiceCake
11-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Good to see some good solid life goals. :werd:

enjoy being a dishpig.... sigh I did that when I was 15 for a little while... I'm so out of the serving/food industry now:barf:

WhiteNikes
11-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Dishwashing is so easy. it is like the most relaxing place in the resturant. All you have to do is put dishes on a rack and send them thru a machine. Nobody to answer to, nobody yelling at you. I wish i had never being promoted out of dish.

That's funny, the two times I worked dish I was worked like a run away slave.

Khyron
11-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Shrug - I worked for McDicks for years, and tons of people got rejected. Say what you will about the people working there, but there's a lot of stranger and weirder people who don't make the grade. :eek:

Khyron

403Gemini
11-19-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

how long did it take to heal?

my friend worked and he washed dishes hardcore and now some of his fingers are like dried up and such..they look rough. but the rest of his hand looks fine.
and what you do to get rid of it?
i got this doctor prescripted stuff, and like i said, fill up latex gloves at night with hand cream put em on (feels grosse as fuck) and put a elastic band around your wrist... but not tight enough to cut off a lot circulation heh

Danger_Mouse
11-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Good to see some good solid life goals.

hahah, this is just until im finished grade 12, then im off to get my welding ticket!!!

Danger_Mouse
12-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Ohh yea BTW... I got the job

Its not bad, I work about 20 hours a week at 8$ an hour...

And as a bonus i work with like 10 kids from my school and a few i've known for years

Originally posted by Dave P

No fuckin kidding... its SOOO easy... but sometimes when it gets really busy and we need an extra guy our manager comes and he fuckin throws shit threw the dishwasher SOOO fast and fuckin yells at the other guys to hurry the fuck up! But I do my job fast and efficiently, so he never complains

And as someone else said, about the detergents fuckin up your hands... it didnt do shit to mine yet... I just wear gloves.

All in all its a pretty sweet job.

Dj_Stylz
12-09-2003, 07:19 PM
I want a job:rolleyes:

/////AMG
12-09-2003, 07:22 PM
I want one...need one lol