PDA

View Full Version : anybody ever played CSMBA basketball (need advice)

hattonlynch
10-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Here's the backstory in cliff notes:
- originally supposed to play with a group of guys in division E
- I used to handle these guys in pickup games which is the reason why they most likely asked me to join
- didn't work out, planning on playing again but with a different team
- got offers from C and D teams, not sure how competitive they are however. I don't want to walk in and everyone there beats the crap out of me or on the other side if its exactly like my division E buddies and it wont be that competitive for me. Want a division that is competitive, but not TOO high up on my level.

question: is there a major difference between C, D and E divisions? Cause I'm most likely going to shoot for division C.

GingeRRRBeef
10-20-2009, 03:17 PM
how good is your cardio?

adidas
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
E is the starting division. If its a new team then thats where you will start off the season at. Most shitty teams from other divisions get moved down to E as well.

Its hard to say if your "good enough" for division C, ive never seen you play and there is really nothin that describes your basketball background.

Ive played on C before and it was competitive but would of liked a spot with a B team. I have quite a bit of experience in basketball, so take that into factor. Id suggest playing for the D division, as it will be a nice game of pick up and you can get your exercise in without being double teamed and pressed when bringing the ball up the court.

hattonlynch
10-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by adidas
E is the starting division. If its a new team then thats where you will start off the season at. Most shitty teams from other divisions get moved down to E as well.

Its hard to say if your "good enough" for division C, ive never seen you play and there is really nothin that describes your basketball background.

Ive played on C before and it was competitive but would of liked a spot with a B team. I have quite a bit of experience in basketball, so take that into factor. Id suggest playing for the D division, as it will be a nice game of pick up and you can get your exercise in without being double teamed and pressed when bringing the ball up the court.

i think im going to do that. I just dont want games where half the people cant even dribble correctly, or shoot, but then again i highly doubt people in those situations will even play CSMBA basketball at all.

hattonlynch
10-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
how good is your cardio?

not that good currently. but usually after 3-4 weeks of playing ball my cardio is top notch, just takes me a few games to get it good again.

GingeRRRBeef
10-21-2009, 12:43 PM
If your cardio is 'not good', I'd recommend you start at E. Through personal experience, there's not a whole of difference between the different Divs. It basically come down to your cardio. Can you run full court for 5-6 minutes at a time without sucking air? Can you go the full game without needing a sub? The better you are cardiowise, the higher the Div you should go, IMO.

goat_killer
10-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Sorry to jack this thread but how does one join these leagues?

hattonlynch
10-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
If your cardio is 'not good', I'd recommend you start at E. Through personal experience, there's not a whole of difference between the different Divs. It basically come down to your cardio. Can you run full court for 5-6 minutes at a time without sucking air? Can you go the full game without needing a sub? The better you are cardiowise, the higher the Div you should go, IMO.

Oh I can easily run full court for 5-6 minutes. After 15 minutes it becomes an issue.

all about cardio huh, well that is good then. I think I will go in the higher division just to challenge myself anyway.