PDA

View Full Version : LF: Safety inspection

A790
10-20-2009, 10:17 AM
I got a 94 colt w/ 4G63T swap that needs a safety inspection. I took it to a shop to get inspected but they failed it for two reasons:

A) The engine wasn't original (WTF??)

B) The horn didn't work.

Anyone care to hook me up? I have no problem paying to get the horn fixed, but WTF to the engine swap fail?

Supa Dexta
10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Is it really obvious the engine isn't original? I don't know what they're check list is exactly, but I'm sure theres shops out there that would pass it.

G-ZUS
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
I had a guy that would literally pass any car, we took him an 86 accord that was falling apart literally and he passed it for $10 bucks. Let me see if Ican find his number

Kloubek
10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I can't believe they didn't pass it because the engine was not original. WTF?

A790
10-20-2009, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
I can't believe they didn't pass it because the engine was not original. WTF?
Yea I don't know. As it stands, the temporary insurance I had on it expires tomorrow and I still need the beater to get around in. Everything else on it is mechanically solid.

A790
10-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Found a shop, thanks a ton!

Beyond pulls through ONCE AGAIN :D

ExtraSlow
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Looks like this has been handled, but I had a car fail once due to "streaking windsheild wipers".

I was super pissed off. I understand keeping unsafe cars off the streets, but that's a bit much.

KeepItGully
01-12-2010, 03:44 PM
BUMP... Im in need of an inspection aswell.
Looking for someone who wont shit bricks over a crack in the windshield.

ercchry
01-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by KeepItGully
BUMP... Im in need of an inspection aswell.
Looking for someone who wont shit bricks over a crack in the windshield.

then you want doug... doug is a guy who will even come to you and do the inspection right there on your street, no need to remove wheels or jack the car up or any of that silly stuff... 4032729467

Sorath
01-12-2010, 05:09 PM
hey cam, i know someone that can pass it. assuming safety inspection = insurance inspection and not oop or salvage inspection

Tik-Tok
01-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
hey cam, i know someone that can pass it. assuming safety inspection = insurance inspection and not oop or salvage inspection

missed it by 2-1/2 months

Sorath
01-13-2010, 01:29 PM
i didnt see the thread date, and i didnt know cam had a colt, so i just hit reply

KeepItGully
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

then you want doug... doug is a guy who will even come to you and do the inspection right there on your street, no need to remove wheels or jack the car up or any of that silly stuff... 4032729467

So... Doug will have a little more leniency? Thanks again for your reply

KeepItGully
01-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Sorath

Can you shoot ME some more info on the guy. Thanks

ercchry
01-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by KeepItGully

So... Doug will have a little more leniency? Thanks again for your reply

... good old doug.... hahahaha ;)

ShermanEF9
01-14-2010, 12:03 AM
i should find the inspection for my old car. it was COVERED in notes. HIDS, no DRLs, cut front cross member, engine swapped, cracked windshield, lowered. it shouldnt have passed :P

Kloubek
04-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Anyone know who will do an OOP at my home? Will this Doug guy hook me up?

eglove
04-04-2010, 12:05 AM
oop isn't the same as safety IIRC.

Kloubek
04-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I am aware of this. That is why I asked if Doug could do that too, or if anyone knew someone who would do a mobile OOP.

(Even if it is someone who will just fudge the paperwork. I'm confident the car is in safe condition, and I'm just selling it anyway)

Speed_69
04-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
I had a guy that would literally pass any car, we took him an 86 accord that was falling apart literally and he passed it for $10 bucks. Let me see if Ican find his number
:thumbsdow The car not having it's original engine is one thing..but this is not okay. The vehicle is not roadworthy and is putting others in danger.

suprame
04-05-2010, 12:56 PM
is doug still doing this? if i called him tonight what do you think the chances of him coming to do my inspection are?

Team_Mclaren
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
FYI: OOP are supposed to be done at the service center and the service center ONLY....

kangyu
04-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

crapstixs
04-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
i should find the inspection for my old car. it was COVERED in notes. HIDS, no DRLs, cut front cross member, engine swapped, cracked windshield, lowered. it shouldnt have passed :P

holy shit, a cut crossmember. i would have failed that. when i do them i dont really care if it has a engine swap. if its hacked in all fail it, but if its a good job i have no problem with it. its all about perception if the car is dirty as shit and full of garbage all be a bit more picky than if it was clean and taken care of. the inspection form is very vauge so its up to the techs descresion. anyways most insurance companys dont even really give a shit about those inspections, for many years i have been putting my phone number on it insted of my license number. you never know who you are giving your licenses number to. and i have never gotting a phone call.