PDA

View Full Version : Right Hand Thumb

swak
10-20-2009, 11:15 AM
I got hit by a car on my bike last summer, since then my thumb still is sore to put it in a stretched position, or lifting weights (cant so shoulder press 20lb dumbbells without the pain kicking in.

This is 2 months ago, is my thumb effed?
I know if i go to a dr. it will be a waste of my time (2+ hours waiting) for him to tell me to ice it or give me some useless prescription.

tom_9109
10-20-2009, 11:17 AM
You need to work your thumb out. help it bend in all directions don't go too far into pain but really work with it. I had a broken finger and was around 10% mobility but worked it back to 100%. Its still a little disfigured but gives me no troubles to use it.

Mar
10-20-2009, 12:35 PM
I messed up my ankle pretty bad once and couldn't climb stairs properly for 9 months. It's as good as ever now.

Dumbass17
10-20-2009, 12:56 PM
ya just work it little by little and it'll come around

i fucked up my ankle in january 07 and thought it would never heal, it's still sore from time to time but waaaaay better. just work it

Sasuke_Kensai
10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah, sprained my ankle last year - hurt, but I made sure to stretch it and such, and now it's great!

On the other hand, I sprained my wrist several years ago. I never really stretched/exercised it, and it's still somewhat sore when I try to do a bridge or pushup.

npham
10-21-2009, 08:11 PM
I don't see how thumb = ankle...but I bruised my thumb a few years back and it took forever for it to heal properly. It only takes so long to heal because you use your thumb for tons of crap daily. I guess you if try to not use your thumb as much, your recovery time should decrease, but I bet it will take 3-4 months before you are %100 with it.

Brap_Brap
10-21-2009, 09:22 PM
Did it swell up after you got hit by the car?

swak
10-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Brap_Brap
Did it swell up after you got hit by the car?

Not terribly...
It was hard for the next few weeks to even consider putting gloves on though.
It still kinda sucks.

But thanks Npham, definitely gives me a better feeling about things.

Brap_Brap
10-21-2009, 09:42 PM
It sucks to go the doctor but I recommend you go. Get them to give you a requisition for an X-Ray.
I went 2 weeks with a sore thumb thinking it was gonna be fine but finds out it was actually broken.

cancer man
10-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey Swak it's been 3 months for me now and it was a fracture.
Try turning wrenches with a fk'd thumb,anyhow i got about 80%
usage wright now.