PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on High Efficency Washer and Dryer

core_upt
10-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi,

Just looking for people's opinions on a high efficiency washer and dryer set. Things I'm looking for:

I hate doing laundry, so the more I can pile in the better.
I hate wrinkly tshirts, so the dryer needs to have a good wrinkle release system
My wife is a enivro-nazi, so the low water use and low electricity use
No cheap shit - this is something that we are willing to spend some dough on so long as it is built to last - more metal, less plastic.

My parents have a Bosch set that is nice so I'm leanign that way. Also looking at Electrolux or Meile. My gut feeling is that the LG and GE ones aren't as good - but don't really have any reasoning behind that.

Also, what is the best time to buy? Do these go on sale for boxing day? Is it worth the wait? Any Beyonders able to get insider deals?

Thanks!

sputnik
10-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
I hate wrinkly tshirts, so the dryer needs to have a good wrinkle release system

It's called "Permanent Press". Almost every dryer has it. It dries the clothing and then cools of the clothes so that they don't sit in a heap still hot and getting wrinkled.

Originally posted by core_upt
My parents have a Bosch set that is nice so I'm leanign that way. Also looking at Electrolux or Meile. My gut feeling is that the LG and GE ones aren't as good - but don't really have any reasoning behind that.

I have an LG pair that I am VERY happy with. They might no be AS good as a Miele or Bosch pair, but at half the price I was willing to take that gamble.

I am personally also not a huge fan of Bosch as I have heard that their appliances have huge repair costs should they fail once the warranty is up.

GTi-RS
10-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I have Bosch and have been using mine for the past 6 years and still work like new.

Mielle is good quality but I'm not sure about their new line which seem to be for North America. (lager than European ones)

I figured Bosch should be good brand as I used many items made by that company and had no problems. Price is not that bad at all. I have just noticed new model arrived at Future shop as well though I got mine at Trail.

Sugarphreak
10-20-2009, 10:57 PM