PDA

View Full Version : Car died...

ManHunter
08-24-2002, 11:18 PM
So, I'm driving on the street, just start to go down a hill, doing about 70kph when my car suddenly turns off. I tried restarting it on compression, nothing. I was able to turn onto a side street at the bottom of the hill and park in front of a house. But the car won't start now. It cranks, electrical seems ok, but it doesn't catch.

The funny thing is I received a recall letter from Honda a couple of weeks ago saying they should replace my ignition because it may wear down prematurely and could cause the car to shut off while on the road.

You think that's what happened?

I also had an MSD Ignition & coil installed recently. And Vitek wires and NGK colder plugs. something came loose?

It really pisses me off that not only this happens, but it happens the evening before Battle Of The Imports.

:madred: :madred: :madred: :madred: :madred: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

MH

three.eighteen.
08-25-2002, 02:03 AM
if it cranks could it be fuel delivery? my fuel pump failed a while ago and you could crank it

egmike
08-27-2002, 09:13 PM
My Car died that way as well, the rotor button fell off did not it till took off the dist cap. funny thing is that when we were testing for spark we still got some spark :dunno:

ManHunter
08-27-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by ManHunter
I also had an MSD Ignition & coil installed recently. And Vitek wires and NGK colder plugs. something came loose?
MH

I'm quoting myself now... :)

I'm such a dumbass. Something did come loose. The coil to distributor wire came loose. And I didn't see it when I checked all the wires. It's all fixed now, took a whole 5 seconds.

MH

kenny
08-28-2002, 12:52 AM
As frustrating as it is, at least you have it all figured out! :thumbsup:

LUDELVR
08-28-2002, 12:57 AM
Occam's razor my friend!!!:) That's just like my setup!!!:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
08-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
Occam's razor my friend!!!:) That's just like my setup!!!:rofl:
I'm expecting you to post a thread with this exact same subject in about a week or so