PDA

View Full Version : Another insurance question..

Stealth13
10-20-2009, 07:17 PM
I have one car insured right now under PLPD with theft and parking insurance. It costs around 1600/year for this. I was wanting to add another vehicle that wouldn't be driven NEAR as much as my daily. (hour a week or so) Can anyone recommend a insurance company that will add the second vehicle for a way cheaper rate if I have the primary one insured with them as well? I know my parents said they used to insure another vehicle in this same circumstance for around 30 a month.

-Thanks

G-ZUS
10-20-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Stealth13
I have one car insured right now under PLPD with theft and parking insurance. It costs around 1600/year for this. I was wanting to add another vehicle that wouldn't be driven NEAR as much as my daily. (hour a week or so) Can anyone recommend a insurance company that will add the second vehicle for a way cheaper rate if I have the primary one insured with them as well? I know my parents said they used to insure another vehicle in this same circumstance for around 30 a month.

-Thanks

I tried doin that last year, they wanted the same amount for the second vehicle

Bizzareo
10-20-2009, 07:48 PM
It depends on the vehicle's age and your age I believe. I know you can get hot rod insurance or whatever its called. But then your only allowed to drive it for 6 months of the year. I also think you need to be 25+...

I would call around and see, also threatening to remove your insurance from a company usually gets you better rates or access to things the prefer you not to have. Depends on how much you have insured with them.

Personally I hate insurance company's, ans wish it wasn't illegal to drive w/o insurance.

G-ZUS
10-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Bizzareo
Personally I hate insurance company's, ans wish it wasn't illegal to drive w/o insurance.

Say it was legal to drive without insurance and you hit someone and they get fucked, who pays their medical bills? Would you pay it out of your own pocket?

Stealth13
10-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Every person who has done this seems to get at least half off on their second vehicle, my parents get it dirt cheap like 25-30.

Stealth13
10-21-2009, 12:35 AM
Can anyone recomend some good insurance companies to call for a quote?